Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears

Maybe. But Chicago knows Rodgers well, and they know how to slow him down as proven in the past. Also, Rodgers sounded pretty clear and coherent in the post game interview on the field and back in the lockeroom.

That's pretty much exactly how I read the situation. It was a huge hit that anybody would be slow to get up from, reguardless of whether or not they were concussed. The Bears D stepped up to their ususal level of play against the Packers in the 2nd half and I don't think it's fair to conclude that Rodgers was slowed down by the hit. Post game he seemed lucid and all smiles so I don't there's any reason to make more out of it.

If I was a Bears fan I'd be disgusted.

That was such a winnable game with the D showing up and Rodgers having an off game.

Then Cutler turns out to be a huge vag and they still have a chance with the ball and 2 mins to go.

Wow what a shitty focking effort.

I didn't really see the D showing up in that game until the 2nd half. 1st half was basically Green Bay driving downfield again and again. Outside of Urlacher's sack taking them out of FG range and the lucky Briggs INT they got beaten like drums in that half.

On offense I take more exception to the illusion of an OL getting beat with 6 blockers against 3 man rushes repeatedly, than I do with Cutler. Missing Hester wide open on that 1st drive was terrible, and he was visibly bothered by that horrible throw, but outside of that the guy didn't even have a chance to do anything. The line played better in the 2nd half, which is why the offense was able to muster a little something, but by then they had gotten the QB killed and were in a big hole.

Oh well, solid season. Going to the NFC Championship game was fun. Hopefully they get a blocker or two next year rather than a RB and TE they don't actually use.

I didn't really see the D showing up in that game until the 2nd half. 1st half was basically Green Bay driving downfield again and again. Outside of Urlacher's sack taking them out of FG range and the lucky Briggs INT they got beaten like drums in that half.

On offense I take more exception to the illusion of an OL getting beat with 6 blockers against 3 man rushes repeatedly, than I do with Cutler. Missing Hester wide open on that 1st drive was terrible, and he was visibly bothered by that horrible throw, but outside of that the guy didn't even have a chance to do anything. The line played better in the 2nd half, which is why the offense was able to muster a little something, but by then they had gotten the QB killed and were in a big hole.

Oh well, solid season. Going to the NFC Championship game was fun. Hopefully they get a blocker or two next year rather than a RB and TE they don't actually use.

Good to have you back :cheers:

Great season for the Bears... something to build upon...

I don't like Cutler or Martz....

Cutler passer ratings versus Pack: 43.2, 74.9, 82.5, 43.5, and 31.8

I suppose you are tied to him with all the money and all the picks given up to get him, but he has shown little evidence that he can compete against elite teams...

Loved that little Caleb fellow.... but we'll wait and see how he plays when somebody is game-planning him versus nobody knowing who the fock he is.....

Still, great debut performances ['cept for the Raji thing :music_guitarred: ]

Good to have you back :cheers:

Great season for the Bears... something to build upon...

I don't like Cutler or Martz....

Cutler passer ratings versus Pack: 43.2, 74.9, 82.5, 43.5, and 31.8

I suppose you are tied to him with all the money and all the picks given up to get him, but he has shown little evidence that he can compete against elite teams...

Loved that little Caleb fellow.... but we'll wait and see how he plays when somebody is game-planning him versus nobody knowing who the fock he is.....

Still, great debut performances ['cept for the Raji thing :music_guitarred: ]

The problems that crop up when they face top D's is containing the pass rush. Give Cutler time with people open, he can hit all of the throws. Have 6 guys stay in to block, watch them get beaten by 3 dudes repeatedly, no QB is going to have a fun time with that.

The problems that crop up when they face top D's is containing the pass rush. Give Cutler time with people open, he can hit all of the throws. Have 6 guys stay in to block, watch them get beaten by 3 dudes repeatedly, no QB is going to have a fun time with that.

So can I (but I don't have the arm to go deep)