Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Cutler has torn MCL

So, you would have sat out the NFC Championship game with a stubbed toe? That could explain an awful lot.

Seriously, if Hitler were around today, would you defend him?

It was an analogy to illustrate that injuries sometimes hurt immediately and sometimes don't. It's entirely possible for a player to not even know they tore an ligament during a game (only to find out later). That happens sometimes. It's also possible for a small tear or even strain to hurt like hell and and a player know immediately and can't plant their foot(knee). Injuries can be weird like that sometimes dependent on a host of factors.

Nobody was linking stubbing your toe to playing in the NFC championship like you just did. It was an analogy dummy.

Also, I'm not defending Jay Cutler you moron. I'm actually attacking the NFL players that chimed in via Twitter about something they don't even know about. Jay Cutler rooned one of my fantasy teams this year. But that doesn't mean I know how bad he was hurt yesterday.

If you aren't carted off the field on a stretcher, you aren't hurt in the playoffs... Guy was STANDING on the sidelines, walking around etc... are you people seriously this soft?

Benching him was probably the right move regardless... but defending him here is laughable... it SHOULD have taken the medical staff to hold him back from going back on the field... He just wanted to season to end... Wrong guy under center, thats for sure...

Have to question a guy who has never won anything at any level... Wasn't even an effective college QB...

Have to question a guy who has never won anything at any level... Wasn't even an effective college QB...

Hey, we can all have our opinions, but what does this mean?

Aaron Rodgers never won a National Title in college nor a Super Bowl. Does he suck too? I guess the Packers have no shot in two weeks. There is a really big list of really good QB's that fall in that category. Also the dude set all kinds of records at Vanderbilt. Vandy is nowhere near college powerhouse program. :rolleyes:

Jay Cutler won a State Title in High School too. Not that it means anything really, but it does makes your comment factually wrong.

Hey, we can all have our opinions, but what does this mean?

Aaron Rodgers never won a National Title in college nor a Super Bowl. Does he suck too? I guess the Packers have no shot in two weeks. There is a really big list of really good QB's that fall in that category. Also the dude set all kinds of records at Vanderbilt. Vandy is nowhere near college powerhouse program. :rolleyes:

Jay Cutler won a State Title in High School too. Not that it means anyting really, but it does makes your comment factually wrong.

LOL...

LOL...

At what, catching you not knowing what you're talking about?

If you think the guy is a puss and shoulda played then that's cool. It's your opinion. However let's not start making stuff up in the process. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I bet there aren't 5 QB's in the NFL that would come out of the NFC championship game with a knee sprain.

The Bears players will defend him in public, but privately they gotta be thinking WTF. Imagine some lineman who played all season with like a broken arm or something watching his QB waltz around the sideline with a knee sprain.

Everyone's different. Chris Henry missed this entire season because he fell out of a truck.

It was an analogy to illustrate that injuries sometimes hurt immediately and sometimes don't. It's entirely possible for a player to not even know they tore an ligament during a game (only to find out later). That happens sometimes. It's also possible for a small tear or even strain to hurt like hell and and a player know immediately and can't plant their foot(knee). Injuries can be weird like that sometimes dependent on a host of factors.

Nobody was linking stubbing your toe to playing in the NFC championship like you just did. It was an analogy dummy.

Also, I'm not defending Jay Cutler you moron. I'm actually attacking the NFL players that chimed in via Twitter about something they don't even know about. Jay Cutler rooned one of my fantasy teams this year. But that doesn't mean I know how bad he was hurt yesterday.

Sure seems like you are rushing to his defense, just like you did with Tiger Woods. I know that there have been other situations like this, so I guess I should just expect it from you. :dunno:

Everyone's different. Chris Henry missed this entire season because he fell out of a truck.

Yeah, but he fell out of that truck when he was 2 years old and the damage stuck.

Good point. I think that he had a really bad ouchie though.

Newbie - are you still sticking with KSB on this one?

The Bears players will defend him in public, but privately they gotta be thinking WTF. Imagine some lineman who played all season with like a broken arm or something watching his QB waltz around the sideline with a knee sprain.

Imagine some tough talking LB that dislocates his wrist in the 1st game of the season and in the blink of an eye he's texting that he's out for the rest of that season. :banana:

I think he was reincarnated as a Palmer pass....which also travels 4 yards in the air before bouncing 6 times.

Good point. I think that he had a really bad ouchie though.

Newbie - are you still sticking with KSB on this one?

Yup. I don't make decisions based on which posters I like. While I certainly agree that KSB has earned his reputation as defender-of-asswholes, I can't believe that Cutler wouldn't want to play in an NFC Championship game if he was able. I know he has some serious character issues, but I've yet to hear an ex-teammate come out and say that he's a quitter or isn't tough. It's possible that he just couldn't get anything on his throws because of the pain/instability of his knee. Or maybe he just didn't feel he had the mobility to avoid the Green Bay pass rush. It's just a serious accusation to make without me knowing his pain and mobility. If he had a history of this stuff, I'd obviously feel differently.

At what, catching you not knowing what you're talking about?

If you think the guy is a puss and shoulda played then that's cool. It's your opinion. However let's not start making stuff up in the process. Thanks. :thumbsup:

you obviously never watched the guy play before the NFL... Definition of a 'raw talent', project type of QB... Guy is the new age Jeff George... Will be a journeyman with decent stats/bad decisionmaking, will eventually flame out...

True, but most of the time if they tore it completely they come out and say that.

No... 100% of the time they wait for the MRI before they announce anything... and from what I have read the MRI isn't until tomorrow. And you can't tell if it is torn or stretched (as someone pointed out a sprained MCL can be torn) until you see an MRI.

Any word on his hymen?

:crossesfingers:

Yeah, he takes care of his while you treat your's like an amusement park.

Over the weekend, I suggested it was foolish to think Cutler was anything close to a "franchise" QB in another thread, which it kinda sounded like he was being considered. Now, it's the complete opposite...people are jumping all over this knee injury, but the haters need to ask themselves this: "How good was Cutler playing pre-injury?"

Personally, I don't care if guys like Philip Rivers can play on a torn ACL or Torry Holt can play all season on a torn MCL, you are asking a guy who is being mislabeled as a potential franchise QB to overcome an average receiving corps on one healthy leg against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Does he have bad "body language" or not excite the masses due to his off-putting answers at press conferences? Sure he does. But do you really think he took 50+ sacks this season with the idea he was going to quit on the team in the NFC Championship?

Over the weekend, I suggested it was foolish to think Cutler was anything close to a "franchise" QB in another thread, which it kinda sounded like he was being considered. Now, it's the complete opposite...people are jumping all over this knee injury, but the haters need to ask themselves this: "How good was Cutler playing pre-injury?"

Personally, I don't care if guys like Philip Rivers can play on a torn ACL or Torry Holt can play all season on a torn MCL, you are asking a guy who is being mislabeled as a potential franchise QB to overcome an average receiving corps on one healthy leg against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Does he have bad "body language" or not excite the masses due to his off-putting answers at press conferences? Sure he does. But do you really think he took 50+ sacks this season with the idea he was going to quit on the team in the NFC Championship?

Who knows what he would do either way? The bottom line is, he's a piece of sh!t with a dooshy, POS attitude. If it wasn't for his indifferent attitude towards everything people wouldnt be calling him out for "quitting". He made his bed, now he has to lie in it. He deserves every ounce of criticism he gets.

Not true... he was starting in the under 6 foot league within a week.

Ya gotta love the big tough internet d!ckheads who would be in the hospital after getting sacked once by a D-Lineman (much less 57 times)!

Then you have the likes of MJD, who bailed on his team the last two weeks of the season while the Jags were fighting for a playoff spot; Asante Samuel who sat out a few games and didn't even play against the Bears...all a bunch of A-Holes!

Absolutley amazing! :( :thumbsdown:

Ya gotta love the big tough internet d!ckheads who would be in the hospital after getting sacked once by a D-Lineman (much less 57 times)!

Then you have the likes of MJD, who bailed on his team the last two weeks of the season while the Jags were fighting for a playoff spot; Asante Samuel who sat out a few games and didn't even play against the Bears...all a bunch of A-Holes!

Absolutley amazing! :( :thumbsdown:

1) Neither of these guys are complete d-bags (Cutler is)

2) NFC Championship game

3) Cutler tastes man-sauce every time he kisses his wh0re girlfriend.

and Plaxico Burress did because he shot himself. Now, if Plaxico Burress shot Jay Cutler it would be a totally different story.

I think he was reincarnated as a Palmer pass....which also travels 4 yards in the air before bouncing 6 times.

Thread winner!

Cutler is garbage. He looked completely disinterested and played like sh!t. Then he quit on his team. Fock him. I don't know why there are actually people defending him here. I mean, I get the whole devil's advocate thing, but sometimes it's better to just admit that the haters have a point.

He was focking hungover so just get over it! None of you SOB's would have finished the game either with a BAC of 1.9. That's legally drunk to not drive or finish a NFC Championship game but good enough to stand on the sideline for 3 quarters and smile about what a good time you had the night before.

Who knows what he would do either way? The bottom line is, he's a piece of sh!t with a dooshy, POS attitude. If it wasn't for his indifferent attitude towards everything people wouldnt be calling him out for "quitting". He made his bed, now he has to lie in it. He deserves every ounce of criticism he gets.

He's deserving of his criticism b/c he doesn't know how to "act" like the media says QBs should act? Have you seen how fiercely every one of his teammates have stood up for him so far? I mean I don't care about the guy one way or the other (and he's really a slightly-above average NFL QB - if that - in my opinion), but it sure seems like he has his locker room. I don't question his toughness; he proved that before this year and again this year behind his awful pass-blocking o-line. Cutler's biggest problem, IMO, is that he isn't getting any better in the art of quarterbacking. His footwork still stinks, he believes in his arm too much and he doesn't play with enough passion. (If that is what you mean by POS attitude, than I guess we agree...LOL) Personally, if my WRs and linemen need to see their QB excited so they are motivated to do their jobs right, go find someone else to play for.

FWIW, I never once thought after he was pulled that he should have come back in; it wasn't his choice to make anyway. I think it is admirable when an athlete plays through pain or an injury, but if his 65% isn't at the same level of some his backup's 100%, than he is being selfish by staying in the game when some healthy player could be doing more for his team. And I'll go back to what I said above, what exactly was Cutler doing early in the game to make everyone think his presence was going to lead Chicago back?

Look, I get how every coach wants their QB to be the unquestioned leader of the team. But some QBs just don't know and never learn how to be a "leader of men", or at least never get credit for it in the public eye. Cutler's just doesn't seem to be interested in becoming that "public face of the franchise" like other QBs he sometimes gets mentioned with.

He was focking hungover so just get over it! None of you SOB's would have finished the game either with a BAC of 1.9. That's legally drunk to not drive or finish a NFC Championship game but good enough to stand on the sideline for 3 quarters and smile about what a good time you had the night before.

Why didn't he just score some blow from that wh0re girlfriend of his? That way he could have at least finished the game before crashing. :thumbsdown:

Bwahahahha this is focking awesome. I love the pro-Cutler crowd. First off, he loves cawk. Second off, you stand up with a grade II sprain (tear) - get ready for ****. Third off, he sucks. But this failure was EPIC! Take a perc and roll with it. What? Cause he under or overthrew a few passes? Did you focking see his movement capability on his last play? REALLY?!

He is a ###### joke. I hope Chicago eats him alive. Denver is reveling in this ish'. I feel really bad for Chicago fans, I was pulling for Hainey at the end - but still - I was asking everyone who benched him.....WTF. :thumbsdown:

He's the epitome of the daddy taken care of frat boy that needs the ish' beat out of him to realize things.

Sprain. Tear. Doesn't matter. Been there, done that. Even a minor MCL sprain equals mind-numbing pain for the first few hours. I dropped as if I had been shot. And mine was the "best case" MCL sprain.

Dunno. Maybe Cutler is Iron Man, a guy with the super-human ability to put weight on a knee that - if the diagnosis was correct - is incapable of supporting weight, let alone allow its owner to walk.

But how do you argue away his behavior after the injury? No interest at all in the game, no apparent thought that his experience could be useful on the sideline. Or his leadership. Just find a lonely spot on the bench and sulk. And make sure you keep your distance from your teammates as you wander around aimlessly impersonating the Unibomber.

If Cutler had involved himself in the game from the sideline, this issue likely wouldn't be an issue. Yeah, Cutler has some 'splaining to do. And he will have a lot of time now to do it.

He is a ###### joke. I hope Chicago eats him alive.

Not happening. Not amongst his teammates, anyway. They're all coming to his defense. They say he's one of the toughest guys on the team. And that he never even misses a practice. Of course, they don't know him as well as you do. :music_guitarred:

Not happening. Not amongst his teammates, anyway. They're all coming to his defense. They say he's one of the toughest guys on the team. And that he never even misses a practice. Of course, they don't know him as well as you do. :music_guitarred:

In public...of course they are.

Now, Im not on the whole he sucks he quit bandwagon.

As I said earlier...if the guy had no mobility, Matthews and Raji would have feasted on that and destroyed him.

But I don't take what teammates are saying right now as any gospel as they are going to defend their guy.

But I don't take what teammates are saying right now as any gospel as they are going to defend their guy.

See, I look at it just the opposite. The group of people on this planet that would be the most pissed at their QB so called "quitting" would be the Bears players. If they thought he quit you would see at least a few of them call him out (especially in this Twitter age). They would be hurt and pissed the most of anybody if they truely thought he quit.

But we didn't see that. Why? Because Cutler was actually hurt and it appears he has absolutely no history of being a puss or quitting. :dunno:

Cutler does come off as a schmuck, but that doens't mean he quit on his team Sunday. :thumbsdown:

See, I look at it just the opposite. The group of people on this planet that would be the most pissed at their QB so called "quitting" would be the Bears players. If they thought he quit you would see at least a few of them call him out (especially in this Twitter age). They would be hurt and pissed the most of anybody if they truely thought he quit.

But we didn't see that. Why? Because Cutler was actually hurt and it appears he has absolutely no history of being a puss or quitting. :dunno:

Cutler does come off as a schmuck, but that doens't mean he quit on his team Sunday. :thumbsdown:

I think the why is because they know he is coming back next year and they need to be supportive or it will get very ugly in Chicago.

Not saying they don't really believe it or its not true...just that I don't take some of these public comments as any gospel.

I wouldn't expect anything else from a guy like Urlacher but to come out and support his team's QB.

Everyone's rushing to his defense now - particularly the newspapers.

I don't care if the injury was real or not. Just because the guy was hurt doesn't give him a pass to sit way back on the benches slumped over with a "just get this game overwith" blank stare on his face. Why wasn't he up there with Lovie and Martz, talking with Hanie every time he came to the sidelines? He played the Packers TWICE this year, after all - he may have had something constructive to offer Hanie. Maybe some encouragement or leadership. Maybe show someone on the team that he really does give a ######. Maybe prove to someone that he's not the least inspirational person in the world.

Nope, he sat there, staring blankly. I guess he figured that Bears fans didn't care about winning if Cutler wasn't the one to do it. I cheered for Hanie louder than I cheered for Cutler all year. Give me Caleb Hanie next year as far as I'm concerned. He was up for the biggest game in 25 years and gave it his all.

and yes, he quit. Maybe he couldn't have played but he didn't do anything to show he was any kind of a leader after that.

All the reports out of Chicago are that Cutler wanted to stay in, but the coaches pulled him.

Cutler is getting a raw deal, because he just is not well-liked. He has terrible mechanics and he may not be a popular guy, but saying he quit is ridiculous.