Sign in to follow this  
Me_2006

Congrats Don, Sho, Mensa and company

Really feels like the most complete team in the league won the Superbowl this season. After fighting through those injuries and staying tough, you guys deserve to celebrate tonight. :cheers:

I didn't think they can do it after losing so many players this year. I have never seen a team overcome being this snake bitten in the regular season to come back this strong right before the post...

Go Pack Go!

I didn't think they can do it after losing so many players this year. I have never seen a team overcome being this snake bitten in the regular season to come back this strong right before the post...

Go Pack Go!

From the Milwaukee Journal...

They won the title despite having 31 players miss a total of 180 games with injuries.

:pointstosky:

Congrats on winning the Super Bowl cheeseheads. :cheers:

:hope i never have to say that again:

I still can't believe it...pretty drunk...pretty damn happy.

What a f'ing game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the loyal pack faithful here. A truly impressive run winning 6 straight playoff games against top line competition. Very impressive.

Enjoy the win, but try not to turn drobeski on us in the coming days and weeks

:cheers:

Congrats fockers.

And I hate to say it but I think this team is gonna be in contention for a title the next decade or so. Young franchise QB, young receivers, capable/tough backs, a pretty young O-line, young on the defensive side of the ball too....Raji, Matthews, Williams, Shields, etc. And to top it off, your kicking game is pretty focking good too.

Congrats fockers.

And I hate to say it but I think this team is gonna be in contention for a title the next decade or so. Young franchise QB, young receivers, capable/tough backs, a pretty young O-line, young on the defensive side of the ball too....Raji, Matthews, Williams, Shields, etc. And to top it off, your kicking game is pretty focking good too.

I hope they will be, but Thompson needs to find a future replacement for Woodson and Clifton. Easier said than done. Probably lose Jenkins on the DL this offseason too. James Jones needs to learn to catch before he'll be a replacement for Driver. So there are holes that need to be mended. But overall, they do have the makings of another strong team for the next decade.

I hope they will be, but Thompson needs to find a future replacement for Woodson and Clifton. Easier said than done. Probably lose Jenkins on the DL this offseason too. James Jones needs to learn to catch before he'll be a replacement for Driver. So there are holes that need to be mended. But overall, they do have the makings of another strong team for the next decade.

Jones is a FA and unless Driver says he's retiring, I don't expect TT to make a strong push for a guy with the concentration lapses he's shown.

Supposedly one of the tackes they picked up this year(Newhouse) was awesome in practice and such and they are extremely high on him...course we heard the same thing about Breno Giacomo(sp?), so take that with a grain of salt. A replacement for Woodson needs to be developed, Underwood perhaps---seems the secondary coach has done an excellent job with Shields and Williams, so maybe he can do it again. At this point I've given up on Pat Lee making any sort of impact.

Jolly might get a chance to return depending on what happens with Jenkins. I would love to see TT target ILB in the draft, Barnett is old and Hawk is okay, but could be upgraded.

I am not so sure they will let Jenkins walk.

There will be no real replacement for Woodson. Too hard to find a guy that does what he does. And he should be around another couple of years.

Jones may not even be back...he will be a free agent if they ever get the CBA worked out.

Barnett is old

29?

And you know he doesn't have too much wear and tear on his body from last year... :lol:

'cept his wrist :music_guitarred:

29?

And you know he doesn't have too much wear and tear on his body from last year... :lol:

'cept his wrist :music_guitarred:

Should have clarified that, in football years, he's got a lot of mileage. Next year will be his 9th in the league. Maybe it's just me, but after the leg injury, only 4 games this year, he looked to be slowing down.

Should have clarified that, in football years, he's got a lot of mileage. Next year will be his 9th in the league. Maybe it's just me, but after the leg injury, only 4 games this year, he looked to be slowing down.

No, I hear ya... I was just playing devil's advocate...

You'd think he'd be fresh, though, with how little he's played the last 3 years :lol:

very impressive. nothing cheap about that run at all.

congratulations. Well deserved.

:thumbsup:

but just because you're the champs doesn't mean the lions are going to lie down for you next year. here's hoping there isn't a lockout :cheers:

I'm a very happy Packers fan!!! That was one heck of a Super Bowl and the Steelers were pretty doggone good themselves......my wife and I were on the edge of our seats up until the Steelers weren't able to convert the 4th and 5. What a great game!! Both teams played good, hard football and have a lot to be proud of.

It was a decent game. Im glad the Steelers didn't win. I'm definitely not going to fellate a Packers fan over it though.

Go fock yourselves :cheers:

:unsure:

well...i will say in a nicer way (in keeping with the new me)...that the parade is over in green bay and the offseason has officially begun. thus we're all 0-0 now and this past season and playoffs are yesterday's news.

move forward and bring it on! :pointstosky:

well...i will say in a nicer way (in keeping with the new me)...that the parade is over in green bay and the offseason has officially begun. thus we're all 0-0 now and this past season and playoffs are yesterday's news.

ahh....no...

It's been four days :D

We're going to celebrate this one for awhile.... :first:

You snobby Lions fans win Super Bowl trophies every other year.... So World Championships aren't a big deal for you...

I understand that...

But let us celebrate a few more days ...... before the cold, dark reality hits that we'll be getting back Woodson, Driver, Shields, and 16 other players on the IR including a multiple-year 1,200-plus rusher and the most dyanamic game-changing young TE in the business ...... as we make another run :cheers:

Nope...sorry...til next year, we are still the champs.

ahh....no...

It's been four days :D

We're going to celebrate this one for awhile.... :first:

You snobby Lions fans win Super Bowl trophies every other year.... So World Championships aren't a big deal for you...

I understand that...

But let us celebrate a few more days ...... before the cold, dark reality hits that we'll be getting back Woodson, Driver, Shields, and 16 other players on the IR including a multiple-year 1,200-plus rusher and the most dyanamic game-changing young TE in the business ...... as we make another run :cheers:

oh,i agree the packers will be factors for the foreseeable future. no one is questioning that. no one is taking anything away from their impressive run this playoff season, either. the paradox is that, yes, the packers had injuries to overcome...but there was also a lot of "magical" things that went their way during that impressive playoff run. that's part of it for any underdog team running the table. there's a reason no other playoff team has ever done what the packers did. it's quite a set of odds to overcome.

the packers will be better on paper, simply because of the injury issue...but so will a lot of other teams.

but, yes, until someone else wins they are the champions. but all teams are still 0-0 today :cheers:

as a parting word of caution, remember that brett favre was just months older than rodgers is now when he won his "first" (and only) super bowl. now before you go ballistic, i'm in no way suggesting rodgers will go down that same path.

My team is a winner and so then I am a winner by association now. I'm a winner and the rest of you non-Packer fans are losers. If you ain't first, you're last.

My team is a winner and so then I am by association now. I'm a winner and the rest of you non-Packer fans are losers. If you ain't first, you're last.

well, okay then. congratulations :cheers:

The scary part is the Pack gets the best TE in the league back next year. Imagine if they add a Deangello Williams.... They could make a run at the 98 Vikings and Pats for most points in a season.

The scary part is the Pack gets the best TE in the league back next year. Imagine if they add a Deangello Williams.... They could make a run at the 98 Vikings and Pats for most points in a season.

Considering TT's aversion to FA's, I doubt they go after Williams(especially when you consider, you get Grand back and a full season of Starks).

If it was possible and Jones wasn't retained, I would love for them to go after Sidney Rice(I believe if the CBA works out like before, he would become a FA). Course this is another WR, and really the Packers could probably could use more help on the defensive side of the ball. Walden, Jones, Poppinga & Zombo, none of those guys really strike much fear in offensive coordinators.

Considering TT's aversion to FA's, I doubt they go after Williams(especially when you consider, you get Grand back and a full season of Starks).

If it was possible and Jones wasn't retained, I would love for them to go after Sidney Rice(I believe if the CBA works out like before, he would become a FA). Course this is another WR, and really the Packers could probably could use more help on the defensive side of the ball. Walden, Jones, Poppinga & Zombo, none of those guys really strike much fear in offensive coordinators.

I don't see TT going after any WR free agents unless they were solid return guys.

Plus, its an area I have pretty strong confidence in his drafting...the guy has hit pretty well on WRs.

I don't see TT going after any WR free agents unless they were solid return guys.

Plus, its an area I have pretty strong confidence in his drafting...the guy has hit pretty well on WRs.

I doubt they would go after Rice also, that was more of a pie-in-the-sky type of thing. Agreed TT has a great track record of finding capable recievers.

I was happy the Packers won. They are a team you want to root for. And they overcome a lot of adversity this year to do it. If my Patriots weren't going to win, I can't think of a more worthy team. :cheers:

TrendMicro did not like FFToday for a spell there and I missed out on all the Super Bowl chatter. Nice to see the real "Hoff" is back for a cameo visit to the site. Nothing like a Super Bowl victory to bring people together!!

Back to back in 2012!