Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Would you drive a Kia Sportage?

It's not out yet. Well the SX model isn't

2011 Kia Sportage SX $30,000+

My gf is looking at small SUVs, looking to pick up a slighly used '08 model for 17-18k... I told her to consider the sportage as you can get one new for close to that price... She is leaning towards getting a Ford Escape or a Jeep Liberty... Think they did a nice job with the styling, interior on the sportage looks pretty decent as well...

While i personally would never drive one, for a chick its decent deal.. She just wants to seating up in the air in an suv... thats pretty much her only concern... :rolleyes:

I got an '08 Hyundia Santa Fe Limited 2 years ago that had about 15k miles on it for my oldest daughter. The thing is nice. Leather, heated seats, sun roof, 6 disc Infinity sound system that thumps, good sized 6 cylinder that has plenty of power and gets 22-24 mpg. The thing drives and rides great.

I got an 07 Kia Rondo for the wife a couple of years ago that had about 14K miles. Runs great, never had to put it in the shop for anything, so I can't complain.

However, if I'm spending 30 grand, I'm getting a real car, not a Kia.

I got an '08 Hyundia Santa Fe Limited 2 years ago that had about 15k miles on it for my oldest daughter. The thing is nice. Leather, heated seats, sun roof, 6 disc Infinity sound system that thumps, good sized 6 cylinder that has plenty of power and gets 22-24 mpg. The thing drives and rides great.

how much you pay for it?

how much you pay for it?

I have a family member who works for Hyundai. Never even thought about them until she told me what she could do. It was one an employee had for a year. At the time they were going for $24,00-$26,000 on cars.com.

I got it for $16,100. :headbanger:

I have a family member who works for Hyundai. Never even thought about them until she told me what she could do. It was one an employee had for a year. At the time they were going for $24,00-$26,000 on cars.com.

I got it for $16,100. :headbanger:

Nice...

The new one with a 270 horsepower engine is coming out later this year.

with all the features it has, it might make for a nice winter vehicle.

i'd keep my car for summah

Kia's are sh!t cars. If you don't have any money and need a car, then by all means, get a Kia. But if you have $30K to spend you can do A LOT better.

I would not buy a new car at all unless I came into an absurd amount of money. I dont want to sound like a jew here but I can get most models of car I want gently used for far less than what it would cost to buy a brand new car. Unless the updates on the new car is like.....flying. Im not interested.

my last 3 cars were brand new, as will my next one.

I don't give a sh1t about paying an extra 10,000 for a new car, I want new and I don't want anyone else to drive it or ever to have driven it. Other than off the truck and maybe a test drive.

my last 3 cars were brand new, as will my next one.

I don't give a sh1t about paying an extra 10,000 for a new car, I want new and I don't want anyone else to drive it or ever to have driven it. Other than off the truck and maybe a test drive.

what do you drive now?

what do you drive now?

08 Eclipse GT V6 6-speed :overhead:

3.8L V6, 24 valves, 263 hp @ 5750 rpm

6 speed manual transmission

16 mpg city / 26 mpg hwy

Drive one - yes.

Pay $30 grand for one - no.

you can get one for 18 grand, but eddie don't play that. I get every option you can possibly get and then try and add stuff. I like gadgets and toys and stuff.