Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

Commit to join the 'perfect' Start-up Dynasty League

SORRY, THE LEAGUE IS FILLED!

This is a great year to join a Start-up dynasty league - assuming that there will be a season this year. The great thing about this league is that it start with rules that will make the league fun - a premium on rookie player selection and development, rules that encourage ACTIVE trading, yet not so complicated that you have to be a math major to understand the business side.

I am taking reservations for this $100 dynasty league. You do not have to pay until AFTER a new CBA has been reached. If you want to reserve a spot, you can contact me by any method below.

Here are the proposed rules:

"FAT BASTARDS DYNASTY LEAGUE BY-LAWS

The FAT BASTARDS DYNASTY LEAGUE will consist of 2 divisions with 6 or 7 teams in each division (depending on whether there will be 12 or 14 total teams). Teams will consist of a maximum of 20 active players, 4 Developmental players, and potentially two 2 IR players. Each year there will be a random drawing to determine which teams are in what divisions. The league schedule will be randomly assigned and will consist of a 13 week regular season followed by three play-off weeks. Due to the lock-out, 2011 entry fees will be due two weeks after the NFL/Player Contract settlement date, with the Initial Start-up League draft commencing ASAP after all league money is paid. The Initial Start-up League draft will be a Veteran-only draft consisting of 15 rounds. After the Initial Start-up draft in 2011, in August there will be a 4 round Rookie/ Developmental draft in mid-August followed by a Free Agent Supplemental draft to complete all active rosters.

ACCOUNTING: Except for the 2011 start-up year, league fees are due by February 15st each year. League fees consist of an annual entry fee is $100 (Approx. $94 will go toward the league prize pool and approx $6 for MFL website). All fees and deposits may be paid by PayPal to and will be escrowed by LeagueSafe. In addition to the annual $100 entry fee, there is a one-time Franchise Fee deposit of $50. This deposit will be refunded to any owner who resigns from the league on or before February 1st of the new league year and has at least his full allotment of draft choices for the upcoming year. If an owner quits any time after February 1st or if he submits a timely resignation but has traded away his allotted draft choices for the upcoming year, his league fee (if paid) and his one-time deposit will be forfeited. Forfeited fees will either be used to discount a team’s fee in order to attract a new owner if the commissioner deems it necessary to fill the league, or be applied toward the next year’s prize pool.

PRIZE POOL MONEY: League pool money will be awarded as follows:

If the league is a 14 team league, the SuperBowl Champion will receive $600. The SuperBowl loser will receive $350. Consolation winner will get $200 and 4th place will receive $150 minus the MFL website fee. The regular season high scorer will get $100.

If the league is a 12 team league, the SuperBowl Champion will receive $500. The SuperBowl loser will receive $300. Consolation winner will get $150 and 4th place will receive $150 minus the MFL website fee. The regular season high scorer will get $100.

ROSTERS & IR: Rosters shall consist of no more than a total of 4 inactive Developmental players and 20 active rostered players, plus up to two IR (injured reserve) players. In order to place a player on IR, that player must have an official NFL injury status of IR at the time they are placed on injured reserve. Players that are retired, doubtful, out, etc. cannot be on IR.

LINEUPS: Weekly lineups consist of 10 total positions. They are: 1QB, 2RB's, 3WR's, 1TE, 1Flex (RB, WR, or TE), 1 D/ST and 1K. All owners need to have their lineups set before the start of each individual player's game. If you have problems accessing the league homepage to turn in your lineup, contact the commissioner before kickoff of the player's game that you want to start.

SCORING: Our scoring format is on the league website in detail under "rules", and "league scoring". Scoring will be 1PPR for WR and RBs, and 1.5 PPR for TEs. Our league will use the official MFL statistical scoring. No exceptions.

PLAY-OFFS: Play-offs will start on week 14 of the NFL schedule and end with the Super Bowl Championship game on week 16. (Assuming the current 17 game NFL schedule). Play-off teams and seeding will be determined at a later date based on number of teams in the league.

REGULAR SEASON TIE-BREAKER: If there are multiple teams that have the same won loss record competing for the final play-off spots, the following process will be used to break the tie: (1st) divisional winning percentage; and (2nd) total points scored on the season.

LEAGUE CUT-DOWN DATE: After the Initial Start-up 2011 year, any players that will be beginning their 3rd season in the league and are still on the Rookie/Developmental squad must be either added to the active roster or dropped by June 1st 8 pm CST. At the same time, all owners are required to have his/her roster cut to 15 players (not including IR players only if you choose to keep them on IR to start the regular season). A cut-down reminder will be posted in advance on the league's message board, so if you miss the cut down date, the Commissioner will choose which players to drop for you based on the lowest year-to-date points from the previous season. All cut downs are final.

DRAFTS: The exact date of the 4 round Rookie/Developmental draft followed by the Free Agent Draft will set by the commissioner as close to August 15th as possible after message board notification at least two week in advance - to allow owners to work around potential extended time conflicts (for example an owner could be out of the country or at a work seminar for up to 10 days). It is up to each owner to notify the commissioner IMMEDIATELY if they foresee are any such potential conflicts. Realizing that sometimes you can't please everyone, the commissioner reserves the right to change a pre-announced draft date to a different date in order to make common-sense accommodations to these types of special schedule conflicts with the draft date.

The 4 round Rookie/Developmental draft will allow owners the option of selecting one collegiate player at their discretion in addition to NFL rookies. Upon completion of the Rookie/Developmental draft, owners must notify the League by 10 pm CST as to which players drafted in the rookies/developmental draft will start the season on the inactive developmental roster (see Developmental squad rules below). The Free Agent supplemental draft will begin the following morning at 6 am and continue until all 20 active roster spots have been filled.

Drafts will be slow internet drafts on the MFL website, and the draft order will be in the reverse order of prior year’s finish for every round. (For 2011, the 15 round Initial Start-up Draft will be a Snake draft with a randomly generated draft order. The Development and Free Agent drafts that follow will begin in reverse order from the Initial Start-up draft order.) Owners will have a maximum of 12 hrs in which to make a selection. The timer will be off from 10pm CST to 6am CST, however picks can still be made in the off hours. If the timer expires, you must wait until your next available pick, and then you may make up for your missed pick in addition to making your pick for the current round.

USE ‘EM OR LOSE ‘EM: To encourage league trading all year, a team may trade for and own more than his initially allotted number of 4 Rookie/Developmental and 5 Free Agent draft choices. However, since any combination of current draft choices future draft choices and/or players can be traded, a team that has completed his draft (made his 4 rookie/developmental picks, and has filled his 20 player active roster, but did not trade all of his excess draft choices) will forfeit any unused picks remaining for that draft.

DEVELOPMENTAL SQUAD: An owner may carry a maximum total of 4 College, Rookie or 2nd year players on an inactive developmental roster at any time. No players who have been in the NFL for more than any part of two seasons may be carried on a developmental squad. If a developmental player goes on season-ending IR, he must be cut or stay on the developmental squad for the rest of that year. With that exception, a team may move a developmental player to the active squad at any time during the year (but he cannot be moved back to the developmental squad) , and that player is in in his 1st CONTRACT year, even if he is moved up to the regular squad for only one game. Developmental players may be players initially drafted in the Rookie/Developmental draft OR they may be waiver pick-ups, but only if they are immediately placed on the Developmental squad.

PLAYER CONTRACT YEARS: To encourage active trading of players, a team shall be allowed to keep players on their active rosters for up to 3 contract years. Players who have been on the teams roster for 3 years must be traded during the off-season before the 4th year or they will be declared free agents, and become available for the supplemental free agent draft. In the case of developmental players moved up to the active squad, partial years will count as full years. If a player is placed on season-ending IR for 5 or more regular season games, his partial active year will NOT count as a contract year.

TRADES: Trading is encouraged, and all trades are to be approved by the league commissioner. The only reason a trade will ever be vetoed is if collusion is suspected or if in the commissioner’s opinion, the trade is so grossly unfair as to potentially destroy the league. (See Commissioner’s authority and appeal procedure below). The trading deadline during the regular season is kickoff of the first game of week 10 on the NFL schedule. Trading will re-open on March 1st of the new league year, and may include any combination of players, and draft choices for either the current or following year - except for trading of players with Expired Contracts. Also on March 1st, the Commissioner will notify the league of all teams with Expired Contract Players. Trading of Expired Contract players will not be allowed until March 15th. This will allow all owners an equal opportunity to make their best offers for those players.

Commissioner note about trades: I believe that once you commit to a trade, you have a moral obligation to go through with the trade, BUT, as commissioner, the rule must be that there is not a binding trade until/unless it has been OFFERED AND ACCEPTED ON THE WEBSITE. Trade offers through the website are valid offers until accepted or revoked. YOU are responsible for revoking any open trade offers that you have made.

I recommend that owners first negotiate OUTSIDE the website, and to use the website only to consummate the official trades. I encourage you to set up your team information with your telephone numbers, preferred call times and e-mail addresses for that purpose. I also recommend that owners withdraw any unaccepted trade offers at least 48 hours before the next weekend’s games are to begin.

BLIND BID WAIVER WIRE: MFL’S Blind bid waiver system will be used with a $200 waiver dollar cap for the season. Minimum bids will be $2. Blind bids may be placed up until the close of bidding prior to Wednesday evening bid awards. All owners who have waiver bid “money” available to bid can place bids until the close of waivers before the week 3 Championship game regardless of whether they are still in the play-offs .

FREE AGENT PICK-UPS: Any team may make free agent pickups until the kick-off of that player’s game in week three (Championship week) of the play-offs, and after that, free agency is closed until after the supplemental draft ends in August of the following year. IMMEDIATELY AFTER completion of the supplemental on-line draft, free agents are available first-come, first-served until day of the first game of week 1 on the NFL schedule. Free agents will also be available for pick-up IMMEDIATELY AFTER waiver bids are awarded for the regular season or play-off week up until the kick-off of that player’s game for the week. Any player that was dropped by an owner during that week’s waiver or free agent process MAY be picked up by a different owner in that same week. Any players remaining as free agents will be frozen just prior to the kick-off of their game, and will be subject to next week’s waiver blind-bidding cycle.

COMMISSIONER’S SCOPE OF AUTHORITY AND APPEALS: In addition to the commissioner’s authority to approve trades, the commissioner has the authority to establish penalties and/or additional rules as necessary for the fair conduct of the league, subject to the following appeal process. Any TWO owners may appeal a commissioner’s ruling. In the event of an appeal, the commissioner and the 2 appealing members will be excluded from participating in the vote. The remaining league members will vote, and the Commissioner’s ruling will only be reversed if a clear majority votes against.

SPORTSMANSHIP RULES: During the year, it is important for all owners to remain active with their team. All roster positions must be filled each week. In addition to forfeiture of that week's match, penalties for failure to submit a lineup are as follows:

If it happens one time, you immediately lose your last available rookie draft pick for the following year (first violation).

If it happens twice, you immediately lose your FIRST and last available rookie draft picks for the following year (major violation).

If it happens a 3rd time, or if in the opinion of the Commissioner, intentional tanking or "giving-up" was involved, then the team will be immediately locked down and all league fees and/or prize money shall be forfeited.

Other serious breaches of sportsmanship may require the commissioner to act to protect the integrity of the league. In the event of collusion, tanking, or “fire sales“, the commissioner may ban the player from the league and the player will forfeit his entire fee, prize money, and any remaining games. Any collusive trades will be reversed.

Collusion: Trades or other actions where the sole intent is to help another team with no benefit to your own is also collusion.

Tanking: ‘Tanking’ or giving up, generally only might occur when an owner feels that his team is ‘out of it’. Tanking unfairly affects all of the other owners competing for play- off spots, as well as the draft order in the following year. ‘Fire Sales’ type trades made because a team has completely given up competing is another form of tanking. Based on the severity of the violation, the commissioner will decide if ‘tanking’ has occurred and determine the appropriate penalty.

BY-LAW CHANGES: All bylaw amendments, additions or deletions will be done between the dates of February 1st and May 1st. To amend, add or delete a bylaw, first an owner needs to bring it to the commissioner then the commissioner will create a poll so all owners can vote on the bylaw. Once all votes are in a simple majority wins. In the event of a tie, the commissioner will decide what is best for the league. A bylaw amendment, addition, deletion can only be voted on once each year."

These rules may be long, but I believe that complete and well spelled-out rules are the foundation of any successful league and I have never had a problem in any league I have been commissioner for.

You may contact me at any time or by e-mail: thinkinbig@yahoo.com or by PMing me on this site. I sincerely hope you join and enjoy the Fat Bastards Dynasty fantasy league.

I am interested.

Sent you an e-mail.

please reply at temerity71@hotmail.com

I thught I did respond, but I responded to somebody else and just forgot to reply to yours...my bad. I just replied to your email though, and have you on my list.

Call me with any questions or comments.

Stuck at 9 owners for a little bit, but only 3 left to fill! Hop aboard.

MMF,

You still have me on the list I hope? Wish this lockout would end so we could start.

T

gentry200meters, you like quite a few others did not provide your fftoday screen name, so i don't know exactly how to match you to one of the emails, but if I resopnded to your email, then you are in. Right now I have 11 solid commitments and one on the fence who will get back to me tommorrow. Then I will send all of you an email to decide if we want to leave it open for 14 or if we should close the league at 12.

But at any rate, I'd like you to re-email me, so i can put a screen-name with an email address.

For everyone else who reads this, the league may still have one more opening or perhaps 3 if we have 14 teams. so if you are interested, email me very soon at

thinkinbig@yahoo.com

Looks like one more to make 12!