Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

*** OFFICIAL FFToday NFL Mock Draft ***

TITANS pick DT Nick Fairley

The Titans undoubtedly need to shore-up their DL. They've openly discussed getting "bigger" at the DE position; and a lot of people are speculating (and I think rightfully so) that this means moving current undersized DT Jason Jones to the DE spot -- thus opening up a spot at DT for Nick Fairley. This would give the Titans a young, promising starting rotation at DL: Derrick Morgan, Tony Brown, Nick Fairley, & Jason Jones.

Fairley would provide the Titans with someone who can put pressure on the QB and the opposing backfield, which is desperately needed. Plus, the Titans' new DL-coach is none other than Tracy Rocker, who was Auburn's DL coach last season and has already worked extensively with Fairley to make him into one of the most dominant DTs in the country last season.

COWBOYS (#9) are on the clock...

I don't know if this pick is flashy enough for Jerry Jones, but the Cowboys biggest need is Offensive Tackle. So the pick should be Tyron Smith, OT, USC

agreed that this is not a "sexy pick" but its our mock and we pick how we think it should go!!

2x Tyron Smith OT, usc

Let's make it official...

9. Dallas Cowboys – Tyron Smith, OT, USC

Three of the Cowboys’ top four ends are free agents, so it’s hard to pass on all the great five-technique ends here, but the offensive line needs help, and keeping Tony Romo off the turf to utilize all their weapons has to be a priority. Smith is raw, but an incredible physical specimen who could immediately replace Marc Colombo at right tackle, working his way to the left side in the future. Concerns about his playing weight being well under 300 lbs in college were alleviated when he showed up to the Combine at 307.

Let's make it official...

9. Dallas Cowboys – Tyron Smith, OT, USC

Three of the Cowboys’ top four ends are free agents, so it’s hard to pass on all the great five-technique ends here, but the offensive line needs help, and keeping Tony Romo off the turf to utilize all their weapons has to be a priority. Smith is raw, but an incredible physical specimen who could immediately replace Marc Colombo at right tackle, working his way to the left side in the future. Concerns about his playing weight being well under 300 lbs in college were alleviated when he showed up to the Combine at 307.

So who wants Washington? they have LOTS of holes to fill..

On the clock...

10. Washington Redskins – Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

Rumor was that Mike Shanahan was a big fan of Locker last year, so that pick wouldn't been a surprise here. Jones has blown everyone away with his athleticism and seems a lock to be a top ten pick. He also fills a big need for this team.

So who wants Washington? they have LOTS of holes to fill..

Anyone can jump in and "pick" a player for any team. Three mentions of that player for a specific team makes that "the pick".

Anyone can jump in and "pick" a player for any team. Three mentions of that player for a specific team makes that "the pick".

Ya I know the routine.. just wanted to see if anyone has more of a opinion on Wash.

also I will 2nd Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

he is looking like the real deal and just too talented to leave out of the top ten!

I'll stick with Tony's most recent mock...

11. Houston Texans – Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri

New defensive coordinator Wade Phillips gets a player with the potential to be another DeMarcus Ware for him.

#11 Houston Texans are on deck - - Hello Defense...

probably the most obvious thing int he draft that Houston will go defense.

JJ Watt, Prince Amukamara, or possibly Aldon Smith.

Watt and Aldon Smith are definite possibilities here. I'm actually going to say Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple. I think he is a great fit as a 3-4 defensive end.

This should be the best available at a need position...and they need a corner back. They pick the prince!

Unless all the journalists are right and Wade Phillips who just sucks as a head coach somehow already wields enough power to make their first round draft pick for them...they better hope not. :doh:

Texans could go a number of different ways here. Amukamara, JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, and Ryan Kerrigan are all possible choices. Maybe they surprise and go with Cam Jordan. I think there's also a chance they go with Phil Taylor even though it's a little early for him.

But my pick is Ryan Kerrigan. I see Aldon Smith as more of a risk since he's raw and only played for one year.

So for Houston's pick we have:

2 - Amukamara

1 - Wilkerson

1 - Aldon Smith

1 - Kerrigan

Prince is the pick for Houston. On the clock...

12. Minnesota Vikings

This is pretty cool. I think this Mock is looking very strong.

I see Minn. going QB here, but I'll leave it up to others to decide.

Vikings:

J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin Badgers:

Minnesota needs a bigger defensive end to man the left DE position on the defensive line. Watt will bring youth to an aging line and play opposite of Jared Allen. It’ll be hard for an offense to stop a defensive line with Allen, Watt and the Williamses.

I have to chime in here although I see most are not high on him but the vikes select:

Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

I cant see him falling any further, he has looked fine at the last couple medical checks and although he did look sluggish at his last work out I just think the tape tells the story on this guy!

I'll 2nd the Da'Quan Bowers pick for Minnesota. He's a top 10 talent in this draft, as long as the medical checks come back OK, he would be a great pick here in my opinion.

I could see Cameron Jordan in the discussion as well but in the end the Vikes go with...

On the clock: 13. Detroit Lions...

Detroit - hmmmmm - defense is looking better, I'm sure there are some holes that could be filled, but I'm going with an O'line pick here. Stafford has to stay healthy one year doesn't he?

OT - Anthony Castonzo

here is fftoday's take on him...

The value in this draft looks like it will be at offensive tackle. Despite a number of potential left tackle prospects, none have separated themselves from the pack yet. After the NFL Combine, one or more are likely to be locked in to the top half of the draft because of the importance of the position. With ideal measurables, four years of quality starting experience, and plenty of athleticism, Castonzo is a good bet to be the first off the board.

Detroit - hmmmmm - defense is looking better, I'm sure there are some holes that could be filled, but I'm going with an O'line pick here. Stafford has to stay healthy one year doesn't he?

OT - Anthony Castonzo

here is fftoday's take on him...

The value in this draft looks like it will be at offensive tackle. Despite a number of potential left tackle prospects, none have separated themselves from the pack yet. After the NFL Combine, one or more are likely to be locked in to the top half of the draft because of the importance of the position. With ideal measurables, four years of quality starting experience, and plenty of athleticism, Castonzo is a good bet to be the first off the board.

I also say Castonzo for Detroit... (Could be Pouncey possibly even)

I think Detroit has to try and keep Stafford healthy and upright. Also, keep working on that running game while they are at it.

I agree they could take any number of Def positions, but I'm not sure anything slipped to them making a more worthy pick then Oline.

I could see Cameron Jordan in the discussion as well but in the end the Vikes go with...

On the clock: 13. Detroit Lions...

YEHHH, I was begining to feel like Bowers agent the way I was downplaying the injury concerns.. I think I picked him 2-3x before it stuck!!

He will look good on the Vikes D-Line

I know its only a mock but the Lions get screwed here, no Prince Akumara, no Julio Jones, and no Tyron Smith. They better take this as a hint and trade up with Washington.

As an aside, I hate, HATE the Julio Jones pick to Washington. That team needs help everywhere and of all the positions with the highest flameout rate in the draft WR is at the top. I think Jones will be a good WR but not on that squad anytime soon, who is going to get him the ball?

Washington needs Ingram a stud RB and to go back to the 4/3 defense before they let Haslet screw them up. They just have a huge talent deficiency on that squad...they make my Seahawks look like a playoff team. Oh wait. :lol:

Also as a FF fan dont you love the irony? The only good RB in the draft which on almost any other team is a sure thing 1round drafter in keeper leagues going to a team with Shannahan as the coach.

This makes too much sense, Ingram goes to Washington at 10 or they trade with Detroit.

I know its only a mock but the Lions get screwed here, no Prince Akumara, no Julio Jones, and no Tyron Smith. They better take this as a hint and trade up with Washington.

As an aside, I hate, HATE the Julio Jones pick to Washington. That team needs help everywhere and of all the positions with the highest flameout rate in the draft WR is at the top. I think Jones will be a good WR but not on that squad anytime soon, who is going to get him the ball?

Washington needs Ingram a stud RB and to go back to the 4/3 defense before they let Haslet screw them up. They just have a huge talent deficiency on that squad...they make my Seahawks look like a playoff team. Oh wait. :lol:

Also as a FF fan dont you love the irony? The only good RB in the draft which on almost any other team is a sure thing 1round drafter in keeper leagues going to a team with Shannahan as the coach.

This makes too much sense, Ingram goes to Washington at 10 or they trade with Detroit.

absolutely no way Detroit takes Julio Jones.

This is a new Detroit trying to make a new image. The last thing they need is to draft another WR in round 1. And it wouldn't make any sense. Calvin Johnson is a beast and Burleson has proven to be a more than capable 2. Pettigrew looks like a solid TE.

Wr should be one of the last things on their mind.

I'll agree they want Prince but if he is gone, I think they should go O-line.

No way Shanny takes a RB at number 10, it won't happen. He may target the kid from VT in the 2nd. I also don't think they take Jones.

Ya but imagine the fun if Washington did take Ingram at 10, I just find the mere thought of it hilarious. I know Shannahan traditionally takes his RB's late and Ingram is a power guy not a speed/cut guy but just the thought of Shannahan destroying the value of the top rookie RB to the FF world is too ironic to overlook.

I really think the combo of C.Johnson as the deep threat and J.Jones as the possesion guy could be extremely dynamic. Wouldnt that offense really start to terrify people and for the casual fans of the NFL offense is what excites them so you would get some sellouts and nice energy at the home games. Just a pipe dream?

You roll the safety to C.Johnson and if you blitz, theres Jones or Best on a hot route/safety valve to burn you. Who do you cover, how is this not a nightmare for 95% of the teams in the league.

We already know this management is better than Millen, although your probably right they cant afford to take a WR in the first and miss for the next decade without alienating the entire fan base.

I say the Lions say screw it and take Jimmy Smith at CB. Everyone acts shocked and how its a big reach. Nevermind the simple fact that its hard to trade down in the draft, and its not a reach if the player you want is not available when you next come up to draft.

I also think he turns into unspectacular but decent CB. Although it sounds like the rumors are not his character issues but who he chooses to hang out with outside of football...I am sure he will be fine in DETROIT! :doh:

14. St. Louis Rams – Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

Quinn went 7th, big guy.

I'll go with another pass rusher, Aldon Smith.

Aldon Smith is the pick for the Rams.

#15: Miami Dolphins

Do they go quarterback? As things stand right now, they have no second round pick. So if they don't grab a QB they wouldn't have another shot until the third round. My guess is that the Dolphins trade back a bit for their QB and pick up some extra picks in the process. But since we aren't doing trades in this mock, I am going to go with:

Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas.