Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

Never read the books as I'm not a dork :wave: but the first episode was pretty good IMO.

Game of Thrones is an American medieval fantasy television series created by David Benioff and Dan Weiss for HBO. The series, based on author George R. R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels, chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among noble families for control of the Iron Throne of Westeros. The series debuted on April 17, 2011.

Thanks bro. :banana: I don't have HBO so I'll have to find some way to watch it.

Does anyone know if HBO series go on Netflix?

It seems like they really liked doggy style back then...sometimes with people they weren't even related to.

Loved the first episode. Not sure I'm buying Mark Addy as a king though...

Thanks bro. :banana: I don't have HBO so I'll have to find some way to watch it.

I'm watchin 6 Feet Under now so yeah they do. Just got done with The Wire so pretty positive they go to Netflix.

It seems like they really liked doggy style back then...sometimes with people they weren't even related to.

:lol:

and it appears sometimes with people they were related to

so far so good. i'll keep watching.

• Like 1

http://forums.freshwap.net/

:thumbsup:

:lol:

and it appears sometimes with people they were related to

so far so good. i'll keep watching.

That was her brother right?

I'm watchin 6 Feet Under now so yeah they do. Just got done with The Wire so pretty positive they go to Netflix.

You can rent HBO shows on DVD's through Netflix, but not watch instantly.

The books are great (I am a dork). Some of the best fantasy ever written, very dark. I hope to catch the show soon. I don't know why the skipped the first book though.

The books are great (I am a dork). Some of the best fantasy ever written, very dark. I hope to catch the show soon. I don't know why the skipped the first book though.

Huh?

Huh?

Nevermind. I had the order of the books wrong in my head, though Clash of Kings was the first one.

I just hope that Martin doesn't pull a Robert Jordan and die before he finishes.

Nevermind. I had the order of the books wrong in my head, though Clash of Kings was the first one.

I just hope that Martin doesn't pull a Robert Jordan and die before he finishes.

:thumbsup:

Hopefully the show will be a huge succes and HBO will start kicking him in the ass to finish along with his publishers and his fans.

That's my hope, my fear is that the show is going to serve as yet another distraction to him.

I only caught the last 3 minutes or so last night, but saying "The things I do for love" then pushing the kid off the tower was crassic :banana:

I only caught the last 3 minutes or so last night, but saying "The things I do for love" then pushing the kid off the tower was crassic :banana:

Like walking in the rain and the snow

and throwing the kid off the tower to the ground below...

:music_guitarred:

Hey nerdy book readers. No spoilers right? I am intrigued.

:music_guitarred:

He should finish after ripping some recent show endings in this article.

I have not read the book, though I have the first 4 in my pile. I wont read them till all 7? are done. Its a rule. I want to watch the show, but again, I wont sinc eI havent read the books but intend to. also, love the nerd rage associated with this guy kicking hte bucket on account of him taking like 5years in between the last books and him being old and fat.

watched it last night. Looks good. Way better start than Starz Camelot. Camelot has some good actors too, but the guy that plays Merlin over acts too much for me. Gets annoying.

Favorite quote of the episode... "I would let his whole army f*ck you, all 40,000 and their horses too, if that's what it took....dear sister."

He should finish after ripping some recent show endings in this article.

I like that, he's throwing down the gauntlet. That puts a lot of pressure on him to end his story well.

I watched it, I liked it.

I bought all 3 LOTR on Blu Ray yesterday for $26

Good news! It's already been renewed for a second season!

watched it. it's entertaining.

LOTR goes HBO series with less gay hobbits and more t!ts and ass.

Not a bad idea overall.

will this become anything great? I'm not so sure.

Better than Camelot for sure.

And it's certainly trying to be more than just the sex/violence of Spartacus... but if it isn't... if it tries to be more and fails, then just give me Spartacus.

watched it. it's entertaining.

LOTR goes HBO series with less gay hobbits and more t!ts and ass.

Not a bad idea overall.

will this become anything great? I'm not so sure.

Better than Camelot for sure.

And it's certainly trying to be more than just the sex/violence of Spartacus... but if it isn't... if it tries to be more and fails, then just give me Spartacus.

Have you read the books TD? It won't be just sex and violence (though there will be plenty of both) if they remain true to the books at all. The story has some action/adventure elements, but it's really more about political intrigue, back-room dealing, and back-stabbing. There are a ton of plot twists. And there are some pretty complex characters that undergo some major changes as the story proceeds. There is a ton of material to work with in the story beyond just the sex and violence.

Have you read the books TD?

no, but I am aware of them.

I kinda' like that I've never read them... I have no expectations/bias.

It already seems a bit predictable that the one girl who didn't want to get married off will grow/thrive whereas the other girl who can't wait to be married off will regret/hate it... they've already lined up that softball for us.

Like I said, I'll keep watching. It was good enough. And that first scene in the snow/woods was really good.

no, but I am aware of them.

I kinda' like that I've never read them... I have no expectations/bias.

It already seems a bit predictable that the one girl who didn't want to get married off will grow/thrive whereas the other girl who can't wait to be married off will regret/hate it... they've already lined up that softball for us.

Like I said, I'll keep watching. It was good enough. And that first scene in the snow/woods was really good.

Some of it's fairly predictable, some of it's unpredictable. I can pretty much guarantee that at least one expectation most people have about how the story is going to proceed will be completely gone by the time this season is done.

My point though, was that there's a lot more to the story than sex and violence.

My point though, was that there's a lot more to the story than sex and violence.

OK. good.

as far as the sex/violence angle, I have no problem with it. I like Spartacus because it doesn't "pretend" to be anything but that; it is what it is and it knows that's what people are watching for.

What I don't like is when programs try to be more, pretend to be more, and just can't live up to the "substance" part.

I'm pretty happy right not to have Borgias, Throne, and Camelot all available. IMO, it's the Cable-Series that make cable TV worth-a-dime. And you have to watch them from the beginning; I can't just jump into the middle of a series and enjoy it.

And for a while, there haven't been a ton of Cable Series that were all that great. In fact, HBOs been in a slump since the Sopranos and you could argue that that slump started in the later seasons of the Sopranos.

Episode 2...couple of goofy parts, IMO, but still worth watching. Didn't need to see that long shot of the horse warriors ass, but I guess they are trying to appeal to the edjr's of the world, too. :wave:

good show, I'll keep watching.

so those Lannisters are pretty rotten, they've set that up well for us.

The King's wife, Cersei, is turning out to be an evil, wicked b!tch. Who wants to bet that her son turns out to be an inbred Fred, instead of the King's?

The King's wife, Cersei, is turning out to be an evil, wicked b!tch. Who wants to bet that her son turns out to be an inbred Fred, instead of the King's?

And "The Bastard" will become the hero down the road. :unsure:

You think so? I get the feeling he's going to grow up and be just as horrid as his mother. He's already bitter that he got bested by a girl... What do you think is going to happen when he finds out his father is his uncle?

Or were you referring to Jon Snow?

or are you talking about Jon Snow?

Looks to me like he'll end up being a hero on the Wall.

IMO, it was pretty good the way the childrens' squabbles complicated things so much for the adults.

That's how it goes... if you've got kids, you know... Johnny may be you great friend but if his kid's a turd (and/or his wife's a clam) you ain't stayin' friends with Johnny too long.

or are you talking about Jon Snow?

Looks to me like he'll end up being a hero on the Wall.

I thought the bastard was Jon Snow? Yeah, hero on the wall to start...