Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

I thought the bastard was Jon Snow? Yeah, hero on the wall to start...

he is.

but if Old Maid's prediction about Prince Jackass is true... and his father is UncleDad... then we've got two bastards b/c the Prince ain't the King's son and he ain't really the Prince.

- and yeah... I realize that those who've read the books know all these answers

he is.

but if Old Maid's prediction about Prince Jackass is true... and his father is UncleDad... then we've got two bastards b/c the Prince ain't the King's son and he ain't really the Prince.

- and yeah... I realize that those who've read the books know all these answers

That prince is a huge puzzy. And you can see the tension rising between the queen and the kings hand rising on several fronts.

Who was the lady the queen's brother was focking at the end of Episode 1?

Who was the lady the queen's brother was focking at the end of Episode 1?

That was the Queen...her own twin brother. Incest is best when it's kept in the family. :banana:

That was the Queen...her own twin brother. Incest is best when it's kept in the family. :banana:

The queen is blonde.

That was not a blonde?

The queen is blonde.

That was not a blonde?

The queen is blonde.

That was not a blonde?

Are you talking in the tower...right before the kid got pushed out the window?

On an abandoned section of Winterfell, young Bran enjoys climbing on the walls. He stumbles on Queen Cersei (Lena Headey) having sex with her twin brother Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau). Willing to keep the incestuous relationship a secret, Jaime shoves the boy out of the window.

Are you talking in the tower...right before the kid got pushed out the window?

thank you.

what a great show this is.

so dramatic... great writing and acting.

Game of Thrones and the Killing 2 of the best shows on TV right now.

I love how it looks like they are going to try and pin the attempt on Bran's life on the dwarf. :shocking:

I love how it looks like they are going to try and pin the attempt on Bran's life on the dwarf. :shocking:

The Imp. An absolute bad ass character. I keep waiting for him to say "call me elf one more time"

He can't stand his brother and sister, what a couple of dirt bags they are. Quickly becoming 2 of the most hated villains on television.

They stole his dagger and used it to try and kill the boy... it's going to get very interesting to see what happens.

It looks as if it's a 9 show season, so we have 6 more to go. :thumbsup:

It looks as if it's a 9 show season, so we have 6 more to go. :thumbsup:

10 episodes this season:

1 "Winter Is Coming"

2 "The Kingsroad"

3 "Lord Snow"

4 "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things"

5 "The Wolf and the Lion"

6 "A Golden Crown"

7 "You Win or You Die"

8 "The Pointy End"

9 "Baelor"

10 "Fire and Blood"

(Without reading the books)...I wonder if there's more than one person who isn't of the bloodline shown at this point...

little d-bag prince Joffrey as suggested above

maybe one of the brother / sister (queen) so it actually isnt incest?

I think they're also making it all too obvious snow's mother will be important

don't know what they're going to do with the white walkers but it kinda feels like they are the smoke monster (in first episode, but secondary to the relationships) from Lost at this point

my guess is they confront the dwarf on his way back from the wall (through winterfell), he denies involvement, and promises to help the starks

in the end (perfect world) they should make the dwarf the king!

(Without reading the books)...I wonder if there's more than one person who isn't of the bloodline shown at this point...

little d-bag prince Joffrey as suggested above

maybe one of the brother / sister (queen) so it actually isnt incest?

I think they're also making it all too obvious snow's mother will be important

don't know what they're going to do with the white walkers but it kinda feels like they are the smoke monster (in first episode, but secondary to the relationships) from Lost at this point

my guess is they confront the dwarf on his way back from the wall (through winterfell), he denies involvement, and promises to help the starks

in the end (perfect world) they should make the dwarf the king!

Call me elf, one more time! go ahead.

he really is a superb actor and I love his character.

if the king divorced the queen, would that mean her and her brothers would become commoners?

Interesting fact : I just got done reading that in the novels the White Walkers were referred to as the Others. Fans are speculating that they wanted to avoid being compared to the Others from Lost.

Interesting fact : I just got done reading that in the novels the White Walkers were referred to as the Others. Fans are speculating that they wanted to avoid being compared to the Others from Lost.

I like white walkers anyway.... they're going to own the guys in black on the wall

I like white walkers anyway.... they're going to own the guys in black on the wall

there was a reference last night about The Watch - somthing along the lines of "not enough resources, neglected for years, untrained, unprepared, etc"

You bet your arse they're going to get slaughtered, an it's a pretty good analogy for what's happening with our own economy/education system/etc.

I'm pretty mesmersized (sp?) with this show so far.

The only thing that pisses me off is that I have to wait a damn week to see a new episode.

At least with Lost I got to watch the whole thing unfold within a couple of weeks versus a few years.

(I obviously watched Lost on DVD versus live)

I'm pretty mesmersized (sp?) with this show so far.

The only thing that pisses me off is that I have to wait a damn week to see a new episode.

:thumbsup:

The greatest 1st 3 episodes to a show I have ever seen.

I'm a D&D geek at heart, so this sh1t is focking awesome.

There is so much evil and selfishness. right up my alley :headbanger:

I thought the killing was awesome, but then games of thrones came along and trumped that.

Don't forget Boardwalk Empire and Walking Dead. 4 great shows that have been out the last year. All of them on cable

I've been watching each episode at least twice. Never read the books, so I know they are saying stuff that is going over my head some of the time. Second time through I def. pick up things I missed the first viewing. I'm sure there is still a bunch of stuff that I missed that you would pick up on if you had read the books as well.

I've been watching each episode at least twice. Never read the books, so I know they are saying stuff that is going over my head some of the time. Second time through I def. pick up things I missed the first viewing. I'm sure there is still a bunch of stuff that I missed that you would pick up on if you had read the books as well.

I just ordered the 1st book.. there are 4 right now and a 5th coming out very soon.

I just ordered the 1st book.. there are 4 right now and a 5th coming out very soon.

I think Amazon has a set of the first four for around $20. I would definitely go this route. When you finish A Game of Thrones you're going to want to jump right into A Clash of Kings.

Same here. I've got a 6 week old at home so lots of middle of the night feedings turn into watching an episode. This series is really good right now. I feel like every series HBO puts out is gold.

I'm thinking about ordering the books also.

Also, is anyone else watching the Borgias? That family is pretty focked up too.

Sux, you have HBO? You really know how to stretch your $8.00!

I'm sure the books are better, but I'm not sure I want to "spoil" the HBO show by reading them ahead of time. :unsure:

Also, is anyone else watching the Borgias? That family is pretty focked up too.

yup.

not a, also watching Borgias.

not a top priority show (I don't even know what night it is on) but I catch it On-Demand.

Thrones

Borgias

Camelot

all came out around the same time and I'd rank them in that order (above).

I'm sure the books are better, but I'm not sure I want to "spoil" the HBO show by reading them ahead of time. :unsure:

Exactly.

I will start to read the 1st one and then stop if I catch up to where the show is

Exactly.

I will start to read the 1st one and then stop if I catch up to where the show is

I bet you don't. ;)

I bet you don't. ;)

that is good to know.

ty

same boat. i'm never satisfied after reading a book then seeing the movie version, so just don't feel like reading it this time.

that may change after this 1st season

I bet you don't. ;)

really? this is important info.

Is there that much backstory, etc? This portion of the TV show is way ahead for someone that just starts reading these books?

If I can read these books AND not fock up/spoil my enjoyment of the show, that's good news.

you'd think they'd want to advertise this a bit more... I'm sure there are people that would read the books but now are into the show and don't want to rooooon the surprises.

I am pretty sure I read that they are doing it so one season = one of the books.

Between the production value and the phenomenal writing I can't get enough of this show.

The dwarf has quickly become my favorite character. Great actor.

My wife just bought the first book, if she spoils anything I may consider caving her face in. I'm usually all for knowing the back story but, this show is do damn good I dont want anything spoiled.

I've finally started watching. Loved episode 1. Scheduled to DVR 2 and 3 today and tomorrow

Between the production value and the phenomenal writing I can't get enough of this show.

The dwarf has quickly become my favorite character. Great actor.

My wife just bought the first book, if she spoils anything I may consider caving her face in. I'm usually all for knowing the back story but, this show is do damn good I dont want anything spoiled.

:headbanger:

250,000 likes on facebook already.

:thumbsup:

that's it right there... sprinkle in some sex and violence (as they have) and we've got a winner.

some of the better line so far (I'm sure there are more):

Jaime: Give my regards to the Night's Watch. I'm sure it will be thrilling. And if it's not, it's only for life.

Joffrey: So you agree, the Starks are our enemies.

Cersei: Anyone who isn't us is our enemy.

Ned: That's nice Armor... not a scratch on it... you've chosen your opponents well.

Jaime: And, what's the line? The King s**ts, and the Hand wipes.

Tyrion: Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

Ned: The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

I watched episode 3. Not nearly enough sex and violence for my liking.

really? this is important info.

Is there that much backstory, etc? This portion of the TV show is way ahead for someone that just starts reading these books?

If I can read these books AND not fock up/spoil my enjoyment of the show, that's good news.

you'd think they'd want to advertise this a bit more... I'm sure there are people that would read the books but now are into the show and don't want to rooooon the surprises.

I meant I don't think he will be able to stop reading when he catches the series. I think it will be really hard - even for a paragon of self-restraint like edjr - to just stop in his tracks reading the books when he cathces up with the series. I know I wouldn't have been able to. The books are serious page-turners. A Game of Thrones is great, and in my opinion each of the first three is better than the previous.

even for a paragon of self-restraint like edjr -

Awesome!

:lol: