Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

Oh, and it's the best episode to date.

this seems to be the case every week now.

(and no, I didn't watch it on HBOgo)

SMACK!

- I'll wear it like a badge of honor

- Keep it up and I'll "honor" you again.

Wear it silently or I'll honor you again. Excellent line. :headbanger:

I spanked the one eye snake into the soup. Flogged it right into the soup. I think my sister had some... :lol:

I preferred "made the bald man cry" line. I don't think I've ever heard it referred to as that. I got quite a chuckle out of it.

Haven't watched the next epi on HBO Go yet, but will probably break down and have to watch it today.

Dont think I'm going to watch the 7th episode early. I dont want to have 2 weeks in between episodes. Plus no hd or surround sound.

But gawd damn this show has been good the last 2 weeks.

I dont want to have 2 weeks in between episodes. .

:thumbsup: agreed. can't handle two weeks.

Prediction: The Imp (Peter Dinklage) gets and Emmy.

Prediction 2: Dinklage... hehe... will become a versatile word

- "he went all dinklage on her"

- "nice dinglage"

- "that was very dinklage of you"

- "he pulled a dinklage"

Excellent Episode!

The imp's scene was fantastic... that midget is the best thing on TV right now.

Watching Ned turn up the heat on the Lannisters was quality.

And it appears that Danny is ready to take over the world.

terrific lines.

great action.

great story.

:thumbsup:

Agreed...

Love the crowning...

:shocking: Posty Likes SOMETHING! :lol:

Didn't we JUST dodge the Rapture? Surely this is a sign of something bad. :unsure:

Damn u!!

I'm trying to wait.....

I couldn't wait... yeah, I am really digging it.... :thumbsup:

re-watched episode 6 last night... it was even better on the second viewing.

The scene with Tyrion was just perfect... the story itself will become a legendary one in the fictional-history of Westeros... and we watched the whole thing unfold perfectly (and believably).

even the episode titles (Ep 6: A Golden Crown) are cleverly named and hold multiple meanings.

TD's Prediction:

based on the buildup (and again, I have not read the book or spoilers), it appears that the Starks and Lannisters will throw the Realm into a "civil" war all the while Dany's army will cross the sea right after the "eggs" hatch.

I wonder if George R. R. Martin is following Tolkein's lead and making his own political statements with the doings of Westeros?

The Realm = USA

The Lannisters = Repubs

The Starks = Dems

Dothraki/Barbarians = Middle East

And finally, it's masterful how George R. R. Martin has blurred the good/evil hats that everyone wears; sure Ned is good and Jamie Lannister is bad, but it gets a bit blurry after those two and it makes it all very interesting. And again, is this George R. R. Martin making another statement about good/bad and its blurry lines (USA/MiddleEast)?

So the blonde Prince Dooshbag is his uncle's son? :unsure:

I think Ned figured that 1 out when going thru the king's family tree.

Hair of Black..

So the blonde Prince Dooshbag is his uncle's son? :unsure:

Old Maid Had it on Page 1:

The King's wife, Cersei, is turning out to be an evil, wicked b!tch. Who wants to bet that her son turns out to be an inbred Fred, instead of the King's?

I think Ned figured that 1 out when going thru the king's family tree.

Hair of Black..

yeah and right before Ned reads the book, "Hair of Black", the exchange with his daughters was hinting at the significance of golden hair (the biatchy daughter, "I want to stay in Kings Landing and marry prince Joffrey and give him sons with golden hair")

:shocking: Posty Likes SOMETHING! :lol:

:o

Damn u!!

I'm trying to wait.....

If you think it is tough waiting two weeks for an episode of the show, imagine how us readers of the books feel.

The first book was written in 1996. The second one came out in 1998. No big deal. Considering the length of the books, two years is a pretty respectable gap. The third book- even more lengthy- followed in the year 2000.

Then it was a full five years till book number four in 2005. There were a number of publishing and story issues which accounted for the delay, but needless today it has been six years since the last book. A torturous six years full of red herrings, false release dates, and great weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Finally us long suffering fans get the next installment this summer. So if you think two weeks is bad, spare some pity for us poor readers.

re-watched episode 6 last night... it was even better on the second viewing.

The scene with Tyrion was just perfect... the story itself will become a legendary one in the fictional-history of Westeros... and we watched the whole thing unfold perfectly (and believably).

even the episode titles (Ep 6: A Golden Crown) are cleverly named and hold multiple meanings.

TD's Prediction:

based on the buildup (and again, I have not read the book or spoilers), it appears that the Starks and Lannisters will throw the Realm into a "civil" war all the while Dany's army will cross the sea right after the "eggs" hatch.

I wonder if George R. R. Martin is following Tolkein's lead and making his own political statements with the doings of Westeros?

The Realm = USA

The Lannisters = Repubs

The Starks = Dems

Dothraki/Barbarians = Middle East

And finally, it's masterful how George R. R. Martin has blurred the good/evil hats that everyone wears; sure Ned is good and Jamie Lannister is bad, but it gets a bit blurry after those two and it makes it all very interesting. And again, is this George R. R. Martin making another statement about good/bad and its blurry lines (USA/MiddleEast)?

Martin has gone on the record and said that much of the story was inspired by medieval history and events such as the War of the Roses and Jacobitism.

One of the most defining characteristics of the story are the shades of grey and blurring of good and evil. There are a few outright 'good' and 'bad' guys but they are few and far between. And the books are told through alternating character's viewpoints so you get sympathy or better understanding of the motivations of each side.

Just saw episode 7...ooophht it's a good one guys.

Yep, and the

imp ain't even

in it. Only 3 left...bogus that it's only a 10 episode first season.

Only 3 left...bogus that it's only a 10 episode first season.

3 episodes. The over/under on bewb action is 9. 9 bewbs.

3 episodes. The over/under on bewb action is 9. 9 bewbs.

I want to know the over/under on girl on girl finger in butt action. :banana:

another good episode.

7 was not as good as 6, but still pretty good.

The pace of the show is great.

The Secret is discovered.

The Secred it out.

They could have dragged that on and on and they didn't (bravo!)

at this pace, next week we could see the cavalry crossing the sea to attack the 7 kingdoms... and we (the viewers) would now be rooting for them to win! That outta' be fun, cheering on the raping/pillaging/burning of a kingdom! It's gonna' be like rooting for Jason when he swung the people in sleeping bags into the sides of the trees!

So the Lannisters have taken control of a kingdom that will likely be facing an army from across the sea and winter/white-walkers coming from the North? Maybe it's just as well that Joffrey is sitting in charge right now.

On Sunday, HBO's new fantasy drama, based on the books by George R. R. Martin, lost its first "good" guy - King Robert Baratheon -- who mysteriously came back from hunting boars, impaled by one of the beast's horns. The mortal wound ended the ruler's life, and his death amps up the power struggle for the Iron Throne in the Seven Kingdoms, according to British actor Mark Addy, who gave a robust performance as King Robert, right until his end in episode 7.

"Up to this point, the scene is really just being set, and you're getting to know who's who and what the relationship is with the other character and where they stand in the order of things. But once that throne becomes vacant, things start to crack along," Addy told Access Hollywood. "The fight for power hasn't even started yet."

Addy, an alumnus of the CBS sitcom "Still Standing," alongside Jami Gertz, wasn't aware his character would meet his end when he first was approached with the role, but the material swayed him to take on the important part.

"They sent me about three or four scenes to learn for the audition and I thought, 'This is actually really good stuff,'" Addy laughed. "Then subsequently, went and bought the book and thought, 'This is a really good book.' So it was great to have the opportunity of being part of something that is such a huge and beloved thing."

His final scene in Sunday's episode paired the actor with Sean Bean, who plays Eddard "Ned" Stark, the King's best friend. Throughout the season, the two have had a close relationship on screen, as their older characters reminisced about loved one's lost (like Robert's late wife Lyanna, who was Ned's sister) and battles won. That relationship was strengthened by the actors' real life histories, which are intertwined.

"We were involved in a trilogy of films a year ago called 'Red Riding,' but we were at drama school at the same time -- same drama school, same time, different years, so we sort of go back, oh, longer than most of us can remember," Addy revealed, adding that Bean, even back in college was, "an extraordinary actor."

"We got on really well and that was a huge help playing those characters, being with somebody you know and trust and admire, and they feel the same way," he added. "So you can just go ahead and play the scenes."

Despite their on-screen distance, he was also close with Lena Headey, who plays Robert's wife-turned-widow, Queen Cersei Lannister.

One of the most intriguing scenes of the season paired Addy and Headey as Robert and Cersei, where the two talked about what went wrong in their marriage and what could have been.

"Lena and I got on like a house on fire," Addy told Access. "We absolutely adore each other, so it was terrific to have a scene where I wasn't snarling, 'Be quiet woman!' at her, and to get -- from our point of view as actors -- to get to explore a little bit more of what these characters are on a maybe a slightly more personal level than the image that they presented as 'The Monarchy'... was intriguing. That was a scene that [Producers and writers] David [benioff] and Dan [Weiss] created... It was fantastic to have something like that to play and to really plunge the depths of who these people are."

From his entrance to his death, Addy added depth and detail to King Robert, but he steered clear of taking the credit for the well-informed performance.

"It's a little bit of everything really," he said of what made up his honor-worthy portrayal of the King. "The fact that George has written such extraordinarily rich characters that are described in the finest details in the books gives you a really, really strong framework on which to create your own version of that. And physically, the kind of costumes that they made for us helped. Once you get into that gear, it sort of gives you a feeling of who that person is, and then you've got directors who know the books, know the characters as well as we do, so they wouldn't let you get away with anything that was too far away from who these people are.

"You kind of figure out what makes a person, the way George has written such great history. Your entire back story is right there for you," he continued. "In the books, you find out what these guys are like as boys growing up into men and assuming positions of power, which they're probably not best suited for, and consequently being involved in a loveless marriage, which is really more of a political move than born out of any kind of real feeling for the other person. It all combines to create somebody who is a very flawed character who has turned to the drink [and] the whores in order to kind of keep himself sane."

Even if the producers decided to do flashbacks, Addy said he doesn't expect to return in any form for Season 2, which is getting ready to start filming overseas.

"Where we're at in Season 1 is a lot later, when the complacency has set in and you've been unopposed for so long you've grown fat and lazy and drunk. I don't think I could work out for long enough to look the way Robert did when he was 20, 21," Addy laughed, guessing that if there were flashbacks, they would be of Robert's youth.

Instead, he's moved on to the other side of the coin, following the serious "... Thrones" up with a return to comedy. Filming in Bristol, UK, Addy has a British series in the works, currently going under the title, "Trollied," a British slang word for the kind of state one find themselves in after a hard night of drinking.

"It's set in a supermarket that just happens to be staffed by people that are off their heads basically," he said, of the new show, which sees Addy playing the head butcher.

"It's great to be varying things up," he said. "That's the nice thing about this job."

:doublethumbsup:

If you think it is tough waiting two weeks for an episode of the show, imagine how us readers of the books feel.

The first book was written in 1996. The second one came out in 1998. No big deal. Considering the length of the books, two years is a pretty respectable gap. The third book- even more lengthy- followed in the year 2000.

Then it was a full five years till book number four in 2005. There were a number of publishing and story issues which accounted for the delay, but needless today it has been six years since the last book. A torturous six years full of red herrings, false release dates, and great weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Finally us long suffering fans get the next installment this summer. So if you think two weeks is bad, spare some pity for us poor readers.

Still not as bad as waiting for the Dark Tower series from Stephen King.

I just downloaded the first four books on Kindle this weekend and I've got to say... In an epic this size, it's nice to see that he doesn't fock around. The storyline moves along at very nice pace. I'm a little surprised at how easy a read it is.

another good episode.

7 was not as good as 6, but still pretty good.

The pace of the show is great.

The Secret is discovered.

The Secred it out.

They could have dragged that on and on and they didn't (bravo!)

at this pace, next week we could see the cavalry crossing the sea to attack the 7 kingdoms... and we (the viewers) would now be rooting for them to win! That outta' be fun, cheering on the raping/pillaging/burning of a kingdom! It's gonna' be like rooting for Jason when he swung the people in sleeping bags into the sides of the trees!

So the Lannisters have taken control of a kingdom that will likely be facing an army from across the sea and winter/white-walkers coming from the North? Maybe it's just as well that Joffrey is sitting in charge right now.

Talk about bad timing for the inbred kid. Little b@sterd is going to go head to head with a pissed off darthraki undefeated warrior. Ouch!

watched the first season start to finish (i mean finish as in what has been on so far) over the last few days. Liked it alot.

its been a long time since i watched wrestling but Triple H does a great job as Ned Stark :thumbsup:

was kind of hoping the bastard son wouldnt pledge to the wall protector people and start kicking some ass.

the blonde girl focking the barbarian guy = mmmmmm :wub: same for the tanned prostitute in the lesbo scene as well

Another great episode. This is the best new show since Walking Dead.

The whole mongol fight was breathtakingly intense.

Another great episode. This is the best new show since Walking Dead.

The whole mongol fight was breathtakingly intense.

There was a mongol fight? I must have missed that.

There was a mongol fight? I must have missed that.

Whatever you call that Khal guy. His fight was kewllll

Whatever you call that Khal guy. His fight was kewllll

Oh yeah. I forgot about that one.

I can't get enough of this show! :headbanger:

This X 10

Too focked up to watch last night. Looking forward to watching episode 8 tonight. :banana:

"Gold?... Women?... Golden Women?" Tyrion is awesome. Drinklage is nailing it.

My GF is loving the fact that every episode seems to entail showing some dudes cack. Fortunately they show an equal amount of t!ts.

:banana: :banana: :banana: