Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

I got into the show because of you guys. Then, because I liked the show so much, I got into the books. Now that I like the books so much, the show frustrates me.

19 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I got into the show because of you guys. Then, because I liked the show so much, I got into the books. Now that I like the books so much, the show frustrates me.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

That's why you should never read books

11 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

That's why you should never read books

What a waste of time they are

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

The books are awesome...  Too bad he will probably never finish them...

1 hour ago, posty said:

The books are awesome...  Too bad he will probably never finish them...

The ending is usually easier to write than the middle. Some writers, when they get stuck, write the ending and then come back. Let's hope he writes like that sucg  that whenever Winds drops,  we won't have to wait another eight years for ADOS.

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

The ending is usually easier to write than the middle. Some writers, when they get stuck, write the ending and then come back. Let's hope he writes like that sucg  that whenever Winds drops,  we won't have to wait another eight years for ADOS.

You know, the only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story, the ending. And this one... is very good. This one's perfect.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, Voltaire said:

You can feel when the books drop off, it's when the show gets ridiculous. They just kill people because they want every episode to have a shock. The last episodes are so unlikely, but are crowd pleasing. G. R. R. Martin wasn't into pleasing the crowd. The richness of writing ended a while ago.

Few other thoughts:

1. If I get more action like THAT up above (it needed it's own post) I am focking locked in (I'm locked in either way). That was an absolutely fantastic episode, probably the best one yet.

2. Putting Tyrion with Dany is another stellar move. Nothing can go wrong when you put 2 of the most compelling charcters' stories together.

3. That chick that showed her bewbs to Bronn in the cell has the finest rack I've ever seen. Bar none. They're perfect.

4. Once Cersei gets out of prison I have a feeling it's gonna be very baddddddd for a lot of peeps.

All I can say is....you will barely remember this as being your favorite. 

47 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

I watched Hardhome last night. Holy sh1t. 12 out of 10 stars.

We are rewatching seasons 5-7. Just saw hardhome Wednesday. 

26 minutes ago, peenie said:

All I can say is....you will barely remember this as being your favorite. 

Interesting. It seems people are sort of split down the middle on if the earlier or the later seasons were better. Perhaps that's just a sign that the whole focking show is fantastic.

2 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Few other thoughts:

3. That chick that showed her bewbs to Bronn in the cell has the finest rack I've ever seen. Bar none. They're perfect.

I don't often get excited by tv boobs anymore, but this scene made an impact..... Google searches were performed, emotions were experienced, and so on. The ramifications were possibly more than that of any other boob related scene I've experienced in 5-10 years. (Alexandra Daddario has grounds to object, but nobody else that I can think of can say the same)

11 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I don't often get excited by tv boobs anymore, but this scene made an impact..... Google searches were performed, emotions were experienced, and so on. The ramifications were possibly more than that of any other boob related scene I've experienced in 5-10 years. (Alexandra Daddario has grounds to object, but nobody else that I can think of can say the same)

Daddario's look like udders compared to the Sand Snake chick from G.o.T.

4 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Interesting. It seems people are sort of split down the middle on if the earlier or the later seasons were better. Perhaps that's just a sign that the whole focking show is fantastic.

The dialogue was better in the beginning but the action only gets better, imo.

Wun wun the Giant is a tribute to #11 of the New York Football Giants great and Super Bowl XXI MVP Phil Simms. FYI. 

On 3/27/2019 at 6:27 AM, Voltaire said:

Never do that.  Never ever ever read the books of any TV show or film when you like it.  You just wind up being upset.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:20 AM, Voltaire said:

There was a similar hope when Feast dropped.  George said he had Dance pretty much done but it was so long the publisher said it needed to be split into two books.  He said Dance should come out within a year or so.  It was 6 years.   So I guess I'm saying don't hold your breath.  Even if he knows the ending I'm not sure he wants to end it, he just keeps expanding it.

Jon Snow is hosting SNL this week. 

SNL did a skit about Trump this past week and it was positive :o

Does anyone know if HBO is going to have like the "show so far" recap of the previous seven seasons since it was so damn long between season 7 and season 8?

1 minute ago, posty said:

Does anyone know if HBO is going to have like the "show so far" recap of the previous seven seasons since it was so damn long between season 7 and season 8?

youtube.com

Summaries of the show are awful, no matter how accurate. It's like a history lesson. Only watch the summary or recap if you truly forgot something, but not as replacement for watching the show. You will not even want to watch the show after seeing the summary because it seems so boring and detailed. The show itself is exciting, the summary is not, just a bunch of facts.

I know and I have watched all the shows, I have just been so far removed from watching them (like most people), I just want to make sure I am up on it...

Saw this, might try it out:

Game of Thrones Writer Reveals List of Must-Watch (or Re-Watch) Episodes Before Season 8

https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/2022232/game-of-thrones-writer-bryan-cogman-rewatch-guide-before-season-8/

With the season eight premiere of Game of Thrones looming, you’re probably trying to determine your best approach for briefing yourself before winter officially comes. Well, you can stop spinning in circles over your too-little-time conundrum — Game of Thrones writer Bryan Cogman just revealed the must-watch episodes from seasons one through seven. You can forget about any other rewatch guides you may have seen floating around the internet because Cogman clearly knows his stuff. In fact, he’s the only GoT writer (along with showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss) who’s been with the hit HBO show from the beginning.

If you haven’t watched a single episode of GoT yet, suffice it to say there are spoilers ahead. See also: Better clear your calendar for the next two weeks. You’ve got some catching up to do.

Not surprisingly, the first two episodes of the very first season top Cogman’s list. Citing “Winter Is Coming” and “The Kingsroad,” Cogman told Entertainment Weekly, “Let’s start the rewatch with a double feature, shall we? Taken together, these two episodes serve as a mega-pilot as so much of Episode 1 is devoted to simply meeting with various characters and understanding the world of the show.” It’s the second episode, explains Cogman, that gets you invested in those characters. “Episode 2 really makes you care. I remember watching a rough cut of the opening sequence (in which Jon bids farewell to his family and heads for the Wall) on my laptop in Belfast and thinking: This works! We have a show!” Cogman said, pointing out another episode-two perk, “Oh, and Episode 2 is the one where Tyrion slaps Joffrey (not for the last time).

That’ll get you started, sure. But your homework is far from finished. Cogman recommends chasing the first two episodes of the fantasy drama with the following:

Season One
Episode one and two (as mentioned above)
Episode nine: “Baelor”
Episode ten: “Fire and Blood”

Season Two
Episode three: “What Is Dead May Never Die”
Episode six: “The Old Gods and the New”
Episode nine: “Blackwater”

Season Three
Episode three: “Walk of Punishment”
Episode four: “And Now His Watch Is Ended”
Episode five: “Kissed By Fire”
Episode nine: “The Rains of Castamere”

Season Four
Episode six: “The Laws of Gods and Men”
Episode eight: “The Mountain and the Viper”
Episode ten: “The Children”

Season Five
Episode eight: “Hardhome”

Season Six
Episode five: “The Door”
Episode nine: “Battle of the Bastards”
Episode ten: “The Winds of Winter”

Season Seven
Episode three: “The Queen’s Justice”
Episode four: “The Spoils of War”
Episode seven: “The Dragon and the Wolf”

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kutulu said:

How does she get those caterpillars to stay on her face?

She has leaves in her nose

6 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

i just frew up in my mouf ... two fockin' midgets

He is taller than Kraft

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Kraft got a Hand job too.

Hence my comment

Just watched battle of the bastards. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything so entertaining in my life. That episode had everything. An absolute masterpiece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes I wonder if the show would be better off without the zombies? If the big threat was just a very powerful invader? 

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sometimes I wonder if the show would be better off without the zombies? If the big threat was just a very powerful invader? 

I have never loved that element.

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

but there is a powerful invader into Westeros ... midget Dany/Dothraki/Unsullied are foreigners - and, yeah, that pipsqueak M.O.D. is Targaeryn, true, but she gathered the savages on foreign soil. 

Cersei gonna build new walls once this crap is all over with - fock those heathen tvvats who would harm her.  

Pretty damn twisted when the father started going after the daughter.

Wait, that's Bunny. 

Never mind.

Just watched battle of the bastards. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything so entertaining in my life. That episode had everything. An absolute masterpiece.

Wait...

• Like 1

Wasn't it the best though! It's my favorite episode.