Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

35 minutes ago, peenie said:

Wasn't it the best though! It's my favorite episode. 

Winds of winter was pretty solid too. But man, BOTB, that was focking incredible. 1 season to go before next Sunday!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Winds of winter was pretty solid too. But man, BOTB, that was focking incredible. 1 season to go before next Sunday!

Should be able to get through it, seasons aren’t that long. How many episodes in a row you usually doing? I did the same thing with Prison break, but those seasons are like 24 episodes long!

49 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

only 7 episodes in season 7.  you should be fine.

Only have the season 7 finale left. Might watch it right before the premiere Sunday night if I can hold out that long :D

I pretty much have been able to keep up with everything that's going on although I think when I watch the second time around I'll pick up a lot more. Shame there's only 7 episodes left. This show is the focking GOAT.

Just now, wiffleball said:

In retrospect, if you have a choice between Walking Dead and GOT, GOT hands down. 

Not even a contest.  WD has been the same thing over and over and over again.

The one thing I wish GOT had changed was they needed to have more regular looking people. too many beautiful people

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not even a contest.  WD has been the same thing over and over and over again.

The one thing I wish GOT had changed was they needed to have more regular looking people. too many beautiful people

While there are a lot of good looking people on the show, there have been a lot of average or worse looking people too (Ned Stark and his wife, Arya, Tyrion, Brienne, Tormund, Jorah Mormont, Varys, Littlefinger are main characters off the top of my head).  For every John Snow or Dragon Queen, there are a few average joes.

8-27-17... That's the last time we had a new GoT...

Let's Focking Gooooooooo!

10 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'm still catching up with season 1 episode 1. My GF is catching up on season 7. Uggh. I'm so behind.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

:pointstosky:

So focking pumped!!!!

Night King/White Walkers/Wights for the WIN! 

PLZ GAWD GET RID OF MIDGET DANY AND SIDESHOW BOB FIRST! THEN THAT FOCKIN' TROLL ARYA!

Solid, if not unspectacular opener. Getting the pieces in place. Me likey :thumbsup:

Dear god, it’s been ages since I posted in this thread... 

I was super annoyed at George RR Martin for his lack of progress on the books, and tried to swear off the show, but of course, I lacked the willpower to stop watching.😂

Liked the new opening credits. I need to go back and rewatch them, frame-by-frame, as I feel there’s possibly some clues hidden in them. Otherwise, pretty solid first episode. 

My highlights:

Got a little misty eyed by the Jon/Bran reunion. And I loved having all the "Starks” back together in Winterfell.

Jon riding a dragon! Interestingly enough, it’s the one named after his true father Rhaegar Targaryen.

Jamie/Bran stare down, at the end.  Can’t wait to see how the Kingslayer gets out of this one. Not to mention he killed Danny’s father.

1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

It's all about the set up.

this....and provided a nice review:

sansa/tryrion marriage

tryrion's kindness to bran

bran/jamie

arya/hound/gendry

jorma/lyanna

theon/yara

i am intrigued by cersei/eron, arya/jon.. thought sam nailed his conversation with jon and challenged him well asking about sacrificing the throne.

while I know drama is coming, i was a little disappointed because we have a limited amount of episodes remaining.

34 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Weren't we told the episodes would be "movie length" at almost 80-90 minutes?  What gives with the lame 54 minute episode?

• Season 8, Episode 1  will be 54 minutes. 
  • Season 8 Episode 2 will be 58 minutes. 
  • Season 8 Episode 3 is one hour.
  • Season 8 Episode 4 is one hour and 18 minutes.
  • Season 8 Episode 5 is one hour and 20 minutes.
  • Season 8 finale is also one hour and 20 minutes.

When Jamie and Bran stared at one another:

Me: I wonder what Bran sees? Why is he staring at him so hard? Why is Jamie looking at him like that? They never even met right?

Then everyone on the room yelled at me in unison. I completely forgot! 

I wonder if this is the first time they've worked together in years. Probably most of them have never been on the same set like this in years. 

Glad my man Tormund is alive and well. I don't like how perfectly everyone is in Winterfell, but glad nonetheless. 

Like how did Varys get there? When did Brianne get there? Everyone and their Momma is in Winterfell. 

Game of Thrones is racist. :banana:

https://www.publicmedievalist.com/game-thrones-racism-problem/

Game of Thrones doesn’t just have a “diversity problem,” it has a racism problem. The casting and the lack of well-developed characters of colour that attract most critical attention are the visible tip of the iceberg of racism that lies under the surface of the show. That iceberg doesn’t just reflect the race problems of modern-day America, it reflects white privilege and a racist Eurocentric way of thinking about the world that goes back to the Middle Ages.

Oh, and Sam lost a little bit of weight, did you notice? He looks good. I bet he'd be really attractive if he lost even more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Oh, and Sam lost a little bit of weight, did you notice? He looks good. I bet he'd be really attractive if he lost even more. 

He might be eclair challenged.

2 hours ago, sderk said:

Game of Thrones is racist. :banana:

https://www.publicmedievalist.com/game-thrones-racism-problem/

Game of Thrones doesn’t just have a “diversity problem,” it has a racism problem. The casting and the lack of well-developed characters of colour that attract most critical attention are the visible tip of the iceberg of racism that lies under the surface of the show. That iceberg doesn’t just reflect the race problems of modern-day America, it reflects white privilege and a racist Eurocentric way of thinking about the world that goes back to the Middle Ages.

Joyless a-holes. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Joyless a-holes. 

I'm trying to ward off the lefties. Make them hate something they actually like. Kind of like the opposite where Cher wants illegals in the country but no illegals in her hometown L.A. because they have homeless and can't take care of them, but Cher herself doesn't have homeless in her home and doesn't want any illegals in her personal space..

Enjoy your one episode of bonhomie reunion jollies before the shit hits the fan.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

When Jamie and Bran stared at one another:

Me: I wonder what Bran sees? Why is he staring at him so hard? Why is Jamie looking at him like that? They never even met right?

Then everyone on the room yelled at me in unison. I completely forgot! 

I wonder if this is the first time they've worked together in years. Probably most of them have never been on the same set like this in years. 

Glad my man Tormund is alive and well. I don't like how perfectly everyone is in Winterfell, but glad nonetheless. 

Like how did Varys get there? When did Brianne get there? Everyone and their Momma is in Winterfell. 

Nice to see you.💐

• Like 1

Fantastic set up show. Redemption for many of them. Next week should be incredible. What a great show. 

It’s going DOWN next week. Absolutely awesome episode. What else is new.

Looks like everyone going to get a little happiness BEFORE THEY ALL DIE!!!  

Episode 8.01 - Everyone standing around waiting while creepy Bran watches

Episode 8.02 - Everyone standing around waiting talking about sh1t we already know.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Episode 8.01 - Everyone standing around waiting while creepy brand watches

Episode 8.02 - Everyone standing around waiting talking about sh1t we already know.

I think they have revealed Jon’s parents 4 times now. 

Exactly how old is Arya now? :unsure:

16 minutes ago, frank said:

I think they have revealed Jon’s parents 4 times now. 

Bingo! 

Bran learns it in a flash back

Sam learns it in a book

Bran and Sam talk about it.

Sam Talks to Jon

Jon talks to Danny

Sucks that fat bastard didn't finish the books. D&D suck telling the story without source material.