Sign in to follow this  
archiedoggie

Legarette Blounts future

What do ya'll think TB will do in the draft rb wise? Any chance they go after Leshoure or Williams in the 2nd rd?

How do you guys rank the rookies? Anybody got a top 15 list out there?

I'm curious because I've got a trade offer of Legarette Blount and the 12 pick for the 5 pick. I posted it in the Team Help forum, but apparently, it's closed for the offseason lol

i'm assuming snake draft so you wouldn't pick again until 2.7???

either way, you're at worst getting a #2 rb in Blount (he should at least finish top24 which would make him a #2 statistically) and still get a first rd pick.

LeGarette Blount is a solid RB2 in non-PPR leagues. I'd hold on to him. I doubt Tampa Bay spends a high draft pick on a RB. The only thing that could really screw Blount up is if his dumbarse gets in to off-the-field trouble.

I'd take it - top 5 rookies won't produce half the stats Blount will in '11

If the draft includes vets then I gotta know who is available at (top 5) before I'd do it.

PS also counter a trade offer with more for you to see how much they really want to mOve to up

I hear what you are all saying and I agree. Blount was the top rookie back last year.

But who do you think the 5 pick will be? Gotta be Leshoure, Williams, or Baldwin I'm guessing???

The only thing that could really screw Blount up is if his dumbarse gets in to off-the-field trouble.

Actually, the only off the field trouble that Blount has had was in the stands at Boise State, and he has never been in any trouble with the law, so I really do not see any concern with him getting into trouble.

The question is where does he go in a PPR draft? I see his value still as a solid #2RB.

The question is where does he go in a PPR draft? I see his value still as a solid #2RB.

3rd round would be the earliest i'd take him in PPR

Actually, the only off the field trouble that Blount has had was in the stands at Boise State, and he has never been in any trouble with the law, so I really do not see any concern with him getting into trouble.

Not entirely true. His first year at Oregon, he was suspended at least twice for not following team rules, the 2nd one being indefinitely.

Not entirely true. His first year at Oregon, he was suspended at least twice for not following team rules, the 2nd one being indefinitely.

In college didn't he sucker punch someone on the sidelines?

Two Coaches with DUI's, Talib's situation, the fact the Blount is a thug, all reasons to think maybe Rahim is being a bit too lackadaisical in his Coaching.

In college didn't he sucker punch someone on the sidelines?

Yes, but someone was trying to say that was his only behavioral issue.

The first one he was suspended for one quarter in a game vs Cal. On the second one he was suspended on Feb 10 and reinstated by March after his first year at Oregon. Indefinite is misleading. He missed a few very early off season workouts. Both were minor infractions.

Blount's image of a thug is overblown IMO. I said that he had never been in any trouble with the law, and he hasn't. I should of said that he has never had any serious trouble off of the field, unlike many of his peers.

I was extremely pissed when my Titans let this guy walk after the preseason last year. He just looks like a stud, and ran well for his rookie preseason. Then this year we end up drafting a short yardage back anyway. :doh:

Blount saw his value rise after the nfl draft. He has no real competition for carries and should be a workhorse back this upcoming year.

Blount saw his value rise after the nfl draft. He has no real competition for carries and should be a workhorse back this upcoming year.

Im very happy to see how the draft turned out for him. Bradford is a backup. And they didnt draft a speed back like I thought they would. I was hoping they'd tag Rodgers in the 4th or 5th. Looks like ATL made a nice move there.

Im very happy to see how the draft turned out for him. Bradford is a backup. And they didnt draft a speed back like I thought they would. I was hoping they'd tag Rodgers in the 4th or 5th. Looks like ATL made a nice move there.

Bradford is a threat. He was a full back, and is similar to Blount in many ways, he loves to carry the rock. Given the chance he has the very real potential to emerge as a vulture to Blount's carries. He reminds me of Natrone Means when he runs.

Bradford is a threat. He was a full back, and is similar to Blount in many ways, he loves to carry the rock. Given the chance he has the very real potential to emerge as a vulture to Blount's carries. He reminds me of Natrone Means when he runs.

With how they went about addressing the backup runningback it lead's me to think that the offensive brass for the Buccaneer's believes that Blount can be the 300 carry back.

I probably won't draft him because I believe 1 person in 12 is going to value him higher than me, but as of now i assume Blount is going to be the lead ball carrier for the buc's.

With how they went about addressing the backup runningback it lead's me to think that the offensive brass for the Buccaneer's believes that Blount can be the 300 carry back.

I probably won't draft him because I believe 1 person in 12 is going to value him higher than me, but as of now i assume Blount is going to be the lead ball carrier for the buc's.

I am not in any way diminishing Blount, whom I actually hold on two dynasty teams.

I am simply pointing out that Bradford is a beastly Means/Bettis clone that is below the radar, and is a threat to at least steal carries from Blount, if not outright unseat him. Don;t be fooled by his identification as a fullback. He is a football carrying wrecking machine who is far more nimble than you first suspect.

I am not in any way diminishing Blount, whom I actually hold on two dynasty teams.

I am simply pointing out that Bradford is a beastly Means/Bettis clone that is below the radar, and is a threat to at least steal carries from Blount, if not outright unseat him. Don;t be fooled by his identification as a fullback. He is a football carrying wrecking machine who is far more nimble than you first suspect.

GL back? Blount had trouble punching it in last year, right?

GL back? Blount had trouble punching it in last year, right?

I suspect that Bradford starts as a goal line/special teamer, maybe some specific short yardage stuff. The rub being that once he gets his hands on the ball, he is going to show agility and ability one would not expect just by looking at him. And he has the potential to steal carries, beyond just the goal line and short yardage stuff....