• Freedom
    • Everything She Wants
    • Careless Whisper
    • Edge Of Heaven
    • I'm Your Man
    • Different Corner
    • Last Christmas
    • Other

Like Reagan getting shot and 9/11, I still remember where I was when I heard that George Michael was going solo and Wham was breaking up. A sad, sad day.

Which of their classics is youir personal favorite?

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go is just so upbeat that I went with that. Careless Whispers would be #2, it's super popular in China BTW.

When she first showed up, people thought you were Nikki2000. Threads like this make it more likely you are her dad. :thumbsdown:

When she first showed up, people thought you were Nikki2000. Threads like this make it more likely you are her dad. :thumbsdown:

Meh. At least you didn't suggest I was her mom. :banana:

Tough call between careless whisper and freedom. Although I don't think freedom is technically wham.

Tough call between careless whisper and freedom. Although I don't think freedom is technically wham.

You're thinking of Freedom '90, which was solo George Michael. The group had a hit with "Freedom" off the Make It Big album.

Did you just question this mans knowledge of glam/pop? Know your audience.

Mercy Mercy

Wake Me Up is definitely the best Wham song. To suggest otherwise is blasphemy!

Did you just question this mans knowledge of glam/pop? Know your audience.

Mercy Mercy

I should have known better. but I never heard the wham version...

Cheeseball.

Also........ DANGER PEEN. :)

I should have known better. but I never heard the wham version...

Dont you have some :banana:'s to remove from tailpipes?

:wave:

I'm not going to start until Tues.

Also........ DANGER PEEN. :)

Uh oh! NOW can I expect a blog?

Also, what's the number to the Philly Welcome/Visitor's Center? I think they might be able to help you with your problem.

I used to catch crap for liking Wham and Culture Club back in the 80's - and I totally understood why. What I didn't understand was why it was I was getting the business from guys who like Twisted Sister and stuff like that. Hell, Robert Smith wore make up too and everybody loved the Cure back then.

Careless Whisper was a pretty damn good song. Chicks loved it in HS and it was a staple at damn near any school dance.

I used to catch crap for liking Wham and Culture Club back in the 80's - and I totally understood why. What I didn't understand was why it was I was getting the business from guys who like Twisted Sister and stuff like that. Hell, Robert Smith wore make up too and everybody loved the Cure back then.

Careless Whisper was a pretty damn good song. Chicks loved it in HS and it was a staple at damn near any school dance.

This

It was also "cool" to like Judas Priest and their lead singer could go cack to cack in a suck off with George Michael.

The fabric of society is very complex George

None, but I've always felt George Michael has been unfairly left out of the equation when the top entertainers/singers of his era are discussed.

Ironic that his lifestyle choices...which involved consenting acts between two adults...pretty much crushed his career, while Michael Jackson got years of mileage before his predilection for little boys hurt his sales or legacy.

"Faith" is simply a great pop song, and his version of "Don't Let the Sun..." is about as good as you can sing a song. Others like "Freedom" and the ballads (titles escape me) were the best stuff on CHR radio at the time.

OK, now I feel a little dirty.

"Don't Let the Sun..."

Id lay odds that on more than one occasion, the word "Dont" was replaced with the word "Please". And "the" was replaced with "your" and Sun was spelled with an "o" in his head while belting out this tune.

I agree, Georgie is a great talent. Unfortunately, once you declare your love for the corksoaking, you should be out of the running of anything that resembles top billing. (exception Elton John)

I make a point to get along with all, the gheys are just about the most irritating people on the planet :thumbsdown:

I've "heard"...he did an album called Older...and again have heard that this was well sung. My source tells me he has one of the best male voices of all time...allegedly :unsure: .

Oh yes! It was so up; it was so now, and (at the same time) it was so new!! I went right out and bought a pull-over sweater and got my teeth whitened. :overhead:

I'm not going to start until Tues.

Today is Tuesday. :lol: Oh, next Tuesday. No hurries then.