Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Round 13-16 Discussion

I say the Ravens Def :cheers:

I vote for this selection for RLLD!

I vote for this selection for RLLD!

robb - If you want/need to you can PM me your turn picks, I'll be around all day

robb - If you want/need to you can PM me your turn picks, I'll be around all day

Thanks, but I am on and I made both my picks just now (a kicker, none-the-less!).

I fly to Salt Lake this afternoon, but will be back on line by 6 pm tonight and I highly doubt I will select again today as there are 22 selections before my next pick!!

Glad to get Gresham as my backup TE as he could do rather well, especially in the Red Zone with a rookie QB who make check off a lot to him. Glad I waited to the 13th to get him.

I thought Keading might make it back to 14.03, but alas, Robb stepped in......getting him at more or less the perfect spot..... :thumbsup:

I thought Keading might make it back to 14.03, but alas, Robb stepped in......getting him at more or less the perfect spot..... :thumbsup:

Thanks Ray. I can wait on my last "flex" player selection as I have numerous hidden gems I can make while you all pick kickers and defenses! Laurence Phillips is mine, so you all stay away from him.

Thanks Ray. I can wait on my last "flex" player selection as I have numerous hidden gems I can make while you all pick kickers and defenses! Laurence Phillips is mine, so you all stay away from him.

Funny story, years ago I drafted Philips #2 overall in a dynasty league, was very happy for the first two games, then, not so much.... <_<

Funny story, years ago I drafted Philips #2 overall in a dynasty league, was very happy for the first two games, then, not so much.... <_<

My first two picks of my first ever Dynasty squad (I had participated in redrafts for a few years prior to this)were the younger Metcalf, and Slash from the Steelers. It took years to recover from those two selections. :(

My first two picks of my first ever Dynasty squad (I had participated in redrafts for a few years prior to this)were the younger Metcalf, and Slash from the Steelers. It took years to recover from those two selections. :(

Wow, that is tough.... you have my sympathies on that draft...... :doh:

First year of our dynasty - 1997 - Brett Favre was the #1 overall pick, and Stewart went in the 10th round. That year, however, he took off and was phenomenal. The following year, we added a second dynasty league because we had so many on the outside looking in, and Slash went #2 overall. :blink:

Wow, that is tough.... you have my sympathies on that draft...... :doh:

They were young, vibrant talents, and I totally screwed the pooch. Metcalf had just ran a boatload of punts and kicks back, and Slash was going to takeoevr as QB. To make things worse, we picked Defenses and I didn't credit for his return stats at all. (Metcalf's) :wall:

I'm doing much better now!

First year of our dynasty - 1997 - Brett Favre was the #1 overall pick, and Stewart went in the 10th round. That year, however, he took off and was phenomenal. The following year, we added a second dynasty league because we had so many on the outside looking in, and Slash went #2 overall. :blink:

:lol:

Good times.....

I'll be back around 2pm CST today. Mike has my 14/15 picks.

Jeepz - send them to Remote as well :thumbsup:

A few years back, I drafted Marshall faulk first overall.

He was the tiiits

Jeepz - send them to Remote as well :thumbsup:

I don't have his email?

ETA: Never mind, PM sent.

There's a part of me that just wanted to say "Best Available" and see what I get, but then I figured I'd end up with Morton Anderson or Glenn Coffee.

JScott, I like the Danario Alexander pick. I was hoping he'd fly under the radar.

JScott, I like the Danario Alexander pick. I was hoping he'd fly under the radar.

Yep, between his leg falling off multiple times last season Alexander showed flashes. Reports are mixed on whether his leg is good to go or not ("dragging") but he's a big target on an improving offense. If he can stay healthy I expect 5-6 TDs with some big games mixed in with some duds.

If I hadn't gone RB early and often I would have pulled the trigger on Helu. I liked that pick too. Just felt my WR corp had more ? than my RBs so went with a sixth WR.

14.11- Janikowski

Number 2 kicker last year. Kickers are a crapshoot, so what the hell.

15.02- Mark Clayton

Emerged as Bradford's favorite target before his injury. 22 catches, 300 yards, and 2 TDs in 4 games. If he comes back, and comes back healthy, this is a pretty nice upside pick.

Damn, I was really hoping Clayton would float under the radar along with Alexander. I was thinking I'd get one of those two in the last round. I should have known better than to think someone like Clayton would coast just because he was injured and on the Rams. As it is, I'm thinking I should have grabbed another WR in the 14th and waited for PK/DST.

Oh, and I was around, but thanks for the PM pick just the same.

13.09 - Jared Cook

I was happy to snag Cook as my #2 TE. Lots of upside. He is 6'6" tall with 4.50 speed and very good hands. I am hoping Collins comes back to start the season but feel Locker will latch on this kid too, especially with Kenny Britt continuing to find trouble. I feel 60 ctaches for 720 yards and 6 Td's isn't out of the question. His skills package has been compared to Calvin Johnsons. He was targeted 18 times over the last two weeks of the season last year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 16 - Cook finally got a start, and made the best of it, showing off the ability that had the Titans so excited to get him a few years ago. Cook is blazing fast for a tight end, and yet it was his hands and strength that made plays in this one. He made two beautiful receptions, both times jumping high in the air and snagging the ball. His TD was also a great individual effort, as he barreled through the defenders after his catch and dove into the endzone. Cook, Britt and Johnson are three incredibly talented, young offensive players, and if the Titans can get an offensive minded coach, and more importantly, an upgrade at the QB position, they could have a pretty awesome offense in 2011.

Week 17 - Cook has developed into a dangerous tight end over the last few games. He has speed that no linebacker can match, his hands are very sure, and his strength is impressive. When you look at the physical talents of Cook, Britt and CJ, you have to imagine that an offensive coordinator could design an attack that would be very difficult to stop. Cook has a bright future ahead of him, and is one of many bright spots that the Titans have going for them in 2011.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14.04 - Neil Rackers

Dome kicker on a high scoring and very balanced offense.

14.12 Nate Burleson - i considered Clayton here, so i think Vikes made a good pick. I think Burleson is capable of some big games here and there as a 5th WR. CJ draws coverage away from him and even without Stafford, Burleson had some nice numbers in 2010 with 625-6. Had elbow surgery but is expected to be fine for the season.

15.01 Matt Bryant - :dunno: I guess if i had a kicker preference it would have been Josh Brown but it really doesn't matter. Bryant plays for a high octane offense, indoors at home, led by a QB who is just good enough but not great yet, so some drives might stall? 10 other kickers i could have chosen

only reason i took kicker over D/ST is that my 16th rouns pick is dead last and I didnt want to chance some people taking a 2nd kicker or osmething crazy like that and leaving me to pick from guys who don't have great job security.

Damn, I was really hoping Clayton would float under the radar along with Alexander. I was thinking I'd get one of those two in the last round. I should have known better than to think someone like Clayton would coast just because he was injured and on the Rams. As it is, I'm thinking I should have grabbed another WR in the 14th and waited for PK/DST.

I am sorry Jeepz. I got a call toplace your 13th rounder, then remembered how close you were to the corner, so I popped back in at the office to place your 14th rounder so as not to hold things up.

14.12 Nate Burleson - i considered Clayton here, so i think Vikes made a good pick. I think Burleson is capable of some big games here and there as a 5th WR. CJ draws coverage away from him and even without Stafford, Burleson had some nice numbers in 2010 with 625-6. Had elbow surgery but is expected to be fine for the season.

15.01 Matt Bryant - :dunno: I guess if i had a kicker preference it would have been Josh Brown but it really doesn't matter. Bryant plays for a high octane offense, indoors at home, led by a QB who is just good enough but not great yet, so some drives might stall? 10 other kickers i could have chosen

only reason i took kicker over D/ST is that my 16th rouns pick is dead last and I didnt want to chance some people taking a 2nd kicker or osmething crazy like that and leaving me to pick from guys who don't have great job security.

I like Burleson's chances to improve on last season with additions to bothe the offense and Defense in Detroit. I think they will not only sustain longer drives this year, I think their defense will give them a few more!

I really wanted Clayton at 15.4. Grrr. I should have taken him 14.9, I suppose. Bummer, bummer, bummer.

Nice grab, Vikes.

I really wanted Clayton at 15.4. Grrr. I should have taken him 14.9, I suppose. Bummer, bummer, bummer.

Nice grab, Vikes.

you should have taken him in round 13 :ninja:

you should have taken him in round 13 :ninja:

:lol:

I had Clayton as my next pick also....way to go Vikes! I am not sure about Alexander or others from SL, but Clayton would have been a wonderful #6 WR for my team.

Oh well, I have another sleeper I am waiting on......now leave him alone guys!

Obviously very low risk possible high reward with Clayton but his advantage was speed/quickness. I just don't see him gaining that back this season after a knee injury (tearing his patella tendon).

Obviously very low risk possible high reward with Clayton but his advantage was speed/quickness. I just don't see him gaining that back this season after a knee injury (tearing his patella tendon).

Last year, I thought the same thing about Wes Welker.

I don't expect him to do great. I don't think you can take a positional player this late and expect him to do well. These picks are all about throwing sh*t against the wall and hoping something sticks. And if this piece of sh*t sticks, he can put up nice numbers. :cheers:

Agreed on throwing it against the wall. I'm doing the same with Alexander (same team too). I guess when picking my POS coming of knee surgeries from STL I figured his height wasn't affected so he can still be a redzone target.

interesting pick with Alex Henery.

he was the ? i had for Akers. Ive seen some sights projecting Henery for better stats which means they feel Philly will not be resigning Akers. Wonder where he might land or if the Eagles would bring him back anyway... :dunno:

interesting pick with Alex Henery.

he was the ? i had for Akers. Ive seen some sights projecting Henery for better stats which means they feel Philly will not be resigning Akers. Wonder where he might land or if the Eagles would bring him back anyway... :dunno:

He will land, it just won't be in Philly. Henery is the kicker there. It's gonna be a funny kicker year. many older, shorter leg, but better accuracy guys, bought extentions to their careers, with the shortened field on kickoffs. Many teams won't carry two for the booming kickoffs.

Akers had the transition tag put on him but will be a FA. Why would PHI spend a 4th on a PK (I believe the best or most accurate in NCAA history) if they are going to try and resign Akers. I may be missing something but I just don't see Akers back with PHI.