Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Minnesota Geeks Is Your State Really Going to Shut Down?

I've been working with the DOR the last couple of weeks and they are convinced y'all are locking the doors July 1. Sounds like a giant cluster fock.

I'm hoping so. People need to get a grasp of realization and this might be the beginning of it..

Realistically however, I doubt the state will shut down. I believe it to be a political game and a scare tactic. :thumbsdown:

Yes :thumbsdown:

Minny politicians are focked in the head. We have a huge budget deficit and they want to shut down the state parks and rest areas for the 4th of July weekend in a state that has a huge tourism industry. Focking genius. :mad:

Minny politicians are focked in the head. We have a huge budget deficit and they want to shut down the state parks and rest areas for the 4th of July weekend in a state that has a huge tourism industry. Focking genius. :mad:

Who the fock would want to go to Minnesota ?

God's country. :headbanger:

Anybody in the American league wanting a boost in their standings?

Tennessee did this back around 2002 or so. I needed to have a transcript from college sent to a law school ASAP... went to campus, national guardsment turned me away.

Anybody in the American league wanting a boost in their standings?

14 and 2 over the last 16 :music_guitarred:

I'm hoping so. People need to get a grasp of realization and this might be the beginning of it..

Realistically however, I doubt the state will shut down. I believe it to be a political game and a scare tactic. :thumbsdown:

That's what I thought. Our attourney up there and people at the DOR no longer think it is a scare tactic. He called the political situation toxic. From my prospective I've never seem the DOR work so hard to get values settled and finalized. I guess we will see in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, i think it will shut down. Only good thing for me, i am in higher ed and we got authority to stay open and run on our reserves.

What, how dare they try to behave in a fiscally responsible manner.....the gall... :mad:

What, how dare they try to behave in a fiscally responsible manner.....the gall... :mad:

Apparently the governor and legislature are being played MDC and RP.

"push me, shove you...." :D

This is the perfect comparison of the situation. :wall:

I still can't believe the bast@rds actully went through with the shut down. The DOR is going to be FUBAR for the next two years.

I still can't believe the bast@rds actully went through with the shut down. The DOR is going to be FUBAR for the next two years.

Fiscal responsibility is a tough pill to take. :dunno:

I'd like to see it go on this way for another 2 or 3 months.

The Republicans already caved and gave Dayton a proposal with the largest budget increase in history.

He wanted more and declined their offer and decided to let the govt. shut down. If the Republicans move on the budget they will lose their jobs next election.

i hear the Northern part of the state is to blame.

It seems like the "Blue" states are the states with the biggest problems. How can that be?

Fiscal responsibility is a tough pill to take. :dunno:

I agree with you but this has more to do with politics and name calling than fiscal responsibility. Working as much as I do with the DOR I see and hear a lot of things that don't make the papers and I am not exaggerating when I say it is like RP and MDC trying to decide on a budget. Responsibility and intelligence were taking off the table by both sides a long time ago.

I agree with you but this has more to do with politics and name calling than fiscal responsibility. Working as much as I do with the DOR I see and hear a lot of things that don't make the papers and I am not exaggerating when I say it is like RP and MDC trying to decide on a budget. Responsibility and intelligence were taking off the table by both sides a long time ago.

I believe you. People are the same all over, and I have no doubt that politicians put their own self interests and ego's before the needs of their constituents; in fact, i think that its rare that they truly serve the majority

You should hear the focking adds on the radio. Totally one sided blaming the Republican legislature and totally misleading.

It takes two to tango. :music_guitarred:

As long as we get a stadium built....

:lol:

:lol:

Think of it as a 'jobs' program. :music_guitarred:

Be prepared for when this Minnesota-style train wreck crashes into Washington. :thumbsdown: