Sign in to follow this  
bjengel

Resolved - Error: Update Projections Button

You were first! Congrats, and thanks! Look forward to hearing your initial thoughts on "the big change".

Mike, - I just sent you a e-mail........... I just went through and put in my scoring info, league setup info, etc and got all the way to the "action" tab. I compiled my cheatsheets and that worked fine, but when I clicked on the "update projections" button, the following error occurred:

Run-Time Error '1004'

Select Method of Worksheet Class Failed.

any idea???

Mike, - I just sent you a e-mail........... I just went through and put in my scoring info, league setup info, etc and got all the way to the "action" tab. I compiled my cheatsheets and that worked fine, but when I clicked on the "update projections" button, the following error occurred:

Run-Time Error '1004'

Select Method of Worksheet Class Failed.

any idea???

I'm not able to duplicate the error. I have Excel 2004 and 2007 on one computer, Excel 2011 on my Mac. It could be some of the programming changed I a different version of Excel doesn't quite like what I've done (can usually alter the code a little to keep all versions happy), but let me ask you this... you said in the email you hit Check for Update first. Did you press OK or Cancel from that prompt before hitting the Update Projections button?

I'm not able to duplicate the error. I have Excel 2004 and 2007 on one computer, Excel 2011 on my Mac. It could be some of the programming changed I a different version of Excel doesn't quite like what I've done (can usually alter the code a little to keep all versions happy), but let me ask you this... you said in the email you hit Check for Update first. Did you press OK or Cancel from that prompt before hitting the Update Projections button?

Mike, - I did it both ways and got the same problem:

First - I clicked on the "check for update" button and the box pops up saying there is a update, would you like to download it. I clicked "YES" and then the error box popped up.

Second - I clicked the "NO" box when it asked if I wanted to download the update and then just clicked on the "Update Projections" box by itself and the same error box popped up.

What version of Excel are you using? 2000 or 2002?

What version of Excel are you using? 2000 or 2002?

Mike, - I have Excel 2007, so I don't think that is it (unless there is some setting or something within Excel causing me the headache)

I e-mailed over to you my copy of the compiler if you wanted to check it out - I'm not sure if it is something I maybe did when I set up my league scoring options, etc. (my keeper/auction league has really funky scoring).

Glad you sent it to me, I see the problem. When you put it on auction it hid the ADP tab. When you hit update, it looks for the ADP tab and can't find it. I'll need to fix the programming and re-upload a new version. I'll let you know when it is ready. In fact, I'll change it in your version too and send that back to you.

Mike just giving you a heads up I had the same error.

Also when is projection pal coming out?

I know that I've given you a few idea in the emails I sent to you, but one other one I would like to see if possible with this version or a future one is having the auction separate of the draft. In my dynasty leagues I'm in and run leagues where the auction is separate of the rookie draft and rookies some with salaries based on a salary scale based on when they are drafted.

Great job on getting this out. Tommy

The error that was occuring during the update is fixed. I didn't change the version number, but just a little bit of the programming and uploaded a new file, so for you early (early) birds, you can download again. It is one of those things most people probably won't notice.

Actually, there was one other small thing I just thought of related to the Check for Update I noticed. Anyone who downloaded prior to 5:00pm Eastern today should probably download again, or email me.

I will work on Pal this week to have it out hopefully by the end of the week.

Those drafts + auction combos are tough to program and have everything flow through as it should. I think the best way to handle those, especially if you have a rookie pay scale (I have one league with that too), is to add extra nomination rounds to the auction, and input the players there even though it is in a draft order instead of them actually being auctioned off.

Thanks Tommy.