Sign in to follow this  
rocco91

FLEX POS- Better to have RB or WR

Has anyone ever studied and figured out in a PPr Head to Head league if it is better to get that RB or WR at the flex position.

Assuming you start 2 RB -2WR and a flex

I always thought it was an advantage to have that 3rd RB but in a PPR and the way the NFL airs it out now I am not sure anymore.....any thoughts

Ive done alot of research on this topic over the years. I've been running my leagues as PPR for... man, probably 10 years because without it, RB is the answer and its not even close. In a non PPR, if you can get a 3rd good RB to play at the flex every week, you'll be hard to beat.

PPR allows WR's to narrow the gap.

In a PPR league, I would still value a pass catching RB at the flex but after that, it really just depends who you can get. WR's can easily be right up there with their RB counterparts. BPA is usually the way to go.

The reason i value pass catching RB's the most is that a pass catching RB is far less likely to give you a dud on any given week. Even if their teams run game gets shut down, they can chip in with 5-6 receptions and have a respectable fantasy day.

Years back, I took the total fantasy points for RB's and WR's through #36 at each position and found RB to have easily outscored the WR of the same ranks through that point. After that, it's a crapshoot. Since RB's run out after about 40, you have more serviceable WR's after 40.

So...As long as you have 3 RB's, use them. If you spend early picks on QB or WR, you're likely going to need to rely on WR at the flex, but otherwise, it's better to have the 3rd RB.

This is very easy. Choose the player who you think will get your more points over the course of the season.

Done

This is very easy. Choose the player who you think will get your more points over the course of the season.

Done

Championship!

Ive done alot of research on this topic over the years. I've been running my leagues as PPR for... man, probably 10 years because without it, RB is the answer and its not even close. In a non PPR, if you can get a 3rd good RB to play at the flex every week, you'll be hard to beat.

PPR allows WR's to narrow the gap.

In a PPR league, I would still value a pass catching RB at the flex but after that, it really just depends who you can get. WR's can easily be right up there with their RB counterparts. BPA is usually the way to go.

Yup. In a PPR you can get away with starting a RB in flex but in any of league's i play in your can not and will not win unless you have a good RB in flex. Or way you could win with WR in flex is if you had 3 WR1's starting and no team is going to have that.