Sign in to follow this  
Maxx Dread

Regarding Updates and Rosters

When I had my league draft after the last week of the pre-season last year, I noticed that there were at least a few missing names from the rosters. Will care be taken to keep team's FULL rosters in the system this year?

Also, I noticed that there were several players that were out for a good portion of the season last year that were still ranked high in the system. I had run the data update before the draft and still noticed several mis-ranked players. Will this also be addressed with more timely updates this year?

Hi Maxx. Can you give some examples of both cases? Every player that is in our depth charts online:

http://www.fftoday.com/nfl/depth.php

Is included in the CC/DB. Plus a lot of free agents. In fact, I try to include all players who had any stats from the past 3 years, so you guys have complete stats for each of those years.

In terms of updates, we kept to our update schedule last year 100% - updated Thursday every week for the final month up to the start of the season - plus unexpected updates for major injuries when warranted. With the lockout this year, and delayed free agency, we are planning for about twice as many regular updates as usual to stay on top of everything.

I'm sorry you felt we didn't stay up to date to your needs last year, but we appreciate the feedback and will continue to strive to do better.

Hi Maxx. Can you give some examples of both cases? Every player that is in our depth charts online:

http://www.fftoday.com/nfl/depth.php

Is included in the CC/DB. Plus a lot of free agents. In fact, I try to include all players who had any stats from the past 3 years, so you guys have complete stats for each of those years.

In terms of updates, we kept to our update schedule last year 100% - updated Thursday every week for the final month up to the start of the season - plus unexpected updates for major injuries when warranted. With the lockout this year, and delayed free agency, we are planning for about twice as many regular updates as usual to stay on top of everything.

I'm sorry you felt we didn't stay up to date to your needs last year, but we appreciate the feedback and will continue to strive to do better.

Hi Mike,

Just dug up last year's draft. I was unable to find Kareem Huggins last year, and I believe there may have been one more but I don't recall the player at this time.

Regarding updates, Sidney Rice was coming up with an ADP of 3.09 (2.10 high, 4.09 low) when it was confirmed he had hip surgery on 8/24. Our draft was held on 9/5 with the most recent updates at the time. Vincent Jackson also had high ratings and was disgruntled and holding out.

Overall a nice product though. :)

I think one of the issues is just finding a player to add to the draft report if they are not on your cheatsheets - Huggins for example. The depth chart is a good place to check. Even if that doesn't work, the full-proof way to add a player is go to the draft tab, scroll down to the current pick and under Pos, select the position. Now, at the top of the tab make sure the sort players by is on Alphabetical instead of Ranking. Click under Player and it should have the full list of all available players sorted by first name.

Now the CCDB is in one file, it should be really easy to tell what players are included. Any player on the position tabs - QB, RB, etc. - are available to draft.

On Rice, and perhaps Jackson (I'm not sure if you are questioning the FF Today ranking or the ADP), the ADP is data received from a different website. It is updated often through August, buy just the nature of ADP is that it is going to have a delayed reaction or trend from new news, because it takes time for people to react to it in mock drafts and have it impact the ADP. ADP is a good tool to use as a guide, but it isn't a guarantee players will be taken at or even near that spot. What I mean is, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks very much for the kind words!