Sign in to follow this  
tendernuts

Openoffice.org

I have been a user of the CS compiler for a few years now. I no longer have office since I have a new PC. Also I am in a 16 team league for the first time this season. Does the compiler work on larger team formats?

It works for up to 32 teams (new this year; it used to be 20), so you are covered for a 16-team league.

As far as OpenOffice goes, no, it does not work in OO. I know OO says it supports macros, but apparently I have some formulas, formatting or programming (or all three) that OO does not know what to do with to make the CC/DB work properly. You need a full version of Microsoft Excel to make the CC/DB work. On the plus side, if you don't have Office you can download a trial version direct from Microsoft which is fully functioning for 60 days, which takes us past the start of the season.

Thanks for the quick feed back and suggestion. I will be CC/DB user for another year.

It works for up to 32 teams (new this year; it used to be 20), so you are covered for a 16-team league.

As far as OpenOffice goes, no, it does not work in OO. I know OO says it supports macros, but apparently I have some formulas, formatting or programming (or all three) that OO does not know what to do with to make the CC/DB work properly. You need a full version of Microsoft Excel to make the CC/DB work. On the plus side, if you don't have Office you can download a trial version direct from Microsoft which is fully functioning for 60 days, which takes us past the start of the season.