Sign in to follow this  
onejayhawk

Return plusses

Desean Jackson has been a huge bonus in return leagues. Devin Hester has only been worth owning if returns are counted. Reggie Bush gains at least a round on his KO returns.

Unfortunately, when a player has value on the field, he is often removed from ST play. Hester is still an elite return man, but Jackson may be replaced by Maclin. And so on.

Some names to consider:

Devin Hester - Duh.

Jacoby Ford - The fastest of the fast. He may be the best return man who is also an offensive regular.

Darren Sproles - Everyone knows he does returns, but he also gets carries

Danny Amendola - Not worth owning without the returns, but he cashes three ways.

Dexter McLuster - His lack of college experience hurt him as a rookie. He brings new meaning to elusive.

Dez Bryant - Injuries are a concern, and so is his continued role as a punt returner. for now he does both well.

J

Desean Jackson has been a huge bonus in return leagues. Devin Hester has only been worth owning if returns are counted. Reggie Bush gains at least a round on his KO returns.

Unfortunately, when a player has value on the field, he is often removed from ST play. Hester is still an elite return man, but Jackson may be replaced by Maclin. And so on.

Some names to consider:

Devin Hester - Duh.

Jacoby Ford - The fastest of the fast. He may be the best return man who is also an offensive regular.

Darren Sproles - Everyone knows he does returns, but he also gets carries

Danny Amendola - Not worth owning without the returns, but he cashes three ways.

Dexter McLuster - His lack of college experience hurt him as a rookie. He brings new meaning to elusive.

Dez Bryant - Injuries are a concern, and so is his continued role as a punt returner. for now he does both well.

J

I had Amendola in a ppr return league last year and he was money week in and week out. He was a high end wide receiver and finished in the top 10 overall in receivers, since he returned punts and kickoffs. Percy Harvin is huge in these leagues too. He was a top 3 wr last year for the first 10-12 weeks of the season. Hopefully Harvin returns kicks again this year, because towards the end of last year they replaced him as a KR.

This guy is the deepest of sleepers. Not even worth a last round draft pick, just a guy to keep an eye on on the WW.

Mark Mariani, Titans.

He made the pro bowl last year returning kicks as a rookie. Didn't do jack on the field as a receiver, but with moss likely out, and Britt likely seeing a suspension, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get a shot. Someone to keep an eye on in preseason. I could see him at least being a slot guy that, with his return prowess, might make a decent bye week filler.

As mentioned earlier, Danny Amendola is an excellent choice is PPR leagues, his low ypc average keeps him down in other leagues but i still believe is a viable flex play on most weeks.

Jacoby Ford is a guy who looks like he's ready to break out in his second year, he made some amazing catches, had some rush td's and is a good returner... that was all as a rookie.

Percy hasn't had any migraines is months apparently, maybe due to no spring training, but I'm a huge fan of his and hope he can return kicks on top of WR. Dez looks like a touchown waiting to happen, the more he gets the ball the better to me, McLuster i want to see more out of first.

My return league last year had Amendola, Harvin and Ford finishing as the top 3 fantasy Wr's. I don't think there will be near as much production from these guys this year since the kickoff line is moved up 5 yds. I'm interested in targeting punt return WR's & RB's instead. (Sproles, Leon Washington, Stephens-Howling??) late in the draft.

Have a great season.

One thing to keep in mind is that due to a new rule change the kickoffs moved up this year so we should see dramatically more touchbacks and less kickoff returns. Adjust your projections accordingly...