Sign in to follow this  
Joeboo17

Custom Scoring Tab 2a

Can someone give me the rundown on the Custom scoring tab 2a?

what is it designed for and the best way to populate the values? what is the best way to use it?

Hi Joeboo. (Major League reference?) We had the custom scoring in last year. Can't remember if it was a new feature last year or the year before. There are two possible ways it can be used. Well, first I should say this... the data that impacts these scoring options are found on each of the position tabs, on the far right next to the player notes. There are three fields, Custom 1, Custom 2 and Custom 3. You can basically put anything you want in those fields. The best way to get the data in there is to input it by typing it in, or use Projection Pal to import the data.

Okay, so once you have the custom fields filled with something useful, back to my original point about how the custom scoring options work. Two ways:

1. You can simply rank the players in order by the data in your custom fields, highest to lowest or lowest to highest (numbers) or alphabetical (text).

2. You can incorporate the data into your projected fantasy points already calculated by the CC/DB on the other projections. So, say you have another stat that we don't project (200+ yard rushing and receiving games ... I get this one by email sometimes). Put in projections in the custom fields. Then change the scoring options to add the required fantasy points for 200+ yard rushing and receiving games.

It's late and I'm :sleep:. I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well. Hope that helps.

It really is a very cool feature which gives you guys a lot of flexibility for people who want to take advantage of it. I think I'll check back in tomorrow and see if this explanation says everything I meant to say about custom scoring.