Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

Weird Results

Hi Mike,

First let me say I love the upgrades for this season. Now, I have used this for the last few years and I have had the same scoring systmen for the last few years so I don't know why I am getting what looks like to be some weird results when I crunch the numbers. I have not imported any stats to go along with FFT so that is not an issue.

Let me give you an example:

QB - Mike Vick

FFT Projections: 3652 PA yards, 725 RU yards, 13 PA TD, 7 RU TD, 4-300 yard games, 1-100 RU yard game, 13 INTs, 0 FL

my scoring: PA yd 1/25, 6 point TDs 0-29, 7pts, for 30-39, 8pts for 40-49, 9pts for 50+, 1/10 RU yrds, 2 point bonus for 300 yd passing and 100 yard rushng, -2 for INTs and FL

Now based on that scoring Vick should be projected to score 146.08 for PA YDS, 72.50 for RU yds, 120 for 20 total TDs (not factoring in distance), 10 points for bonus yards, and -26 for INTs. Grand total = 322.58. If I say all his TDs will be 50+ yards that gives him an extra 60 points and brings the total to 388.58. Last year in this league Vick totaled 419 points and back in 07 Tom Brady and his 50 TDs scored 540 points.

Yet when I crunch the numbers above, Vick is projected at 598.6 :shocking:

I have checked the #s I input and it all checks out. Just not sure why Vick and other players, based on the above numbers and scoring system, are being projected so high? What do you think?

Also, one other issue. I usually print out the cheatsheets for my online drafts. The past few years I could print out both a tiered sheet and also an overall sheet. This year when I print, not only do I only get the tiered sheet but that sheet doesn't print in its entirety. The Ds and Ks are cut off compeltely and the bottom 18 players for RB, WR and TE are cut off. Any ideas?

TIA!

Hey FlaHawker. Glad to have you back, and thanks for the words about the new format. I like it a lot better. Krueger really pushed for it too, so he gets some credit there.

On the printing, somewhere along the line my print areas got messed up. I didn't realize it with version 1.0... or 2.0... but they were corrected in version 2.1 which is now available. You can download that, or adjust the print areas yourself. In older Excel look for them under File > Page Setup. In new Excel they are under Formulas > Named Ranges. Once you find them they are pretty easy to change, and you should see on screen with a print preview the improvement of having a proper print area setting.

The high projected fantasy points, and distance scoring... the one thing I can think of is you have full points for TD in both the regular (non-distance) scoring category and the distance scoring categories. Do you have 6 for all TD and 6 for 0-29? Remember it should be 6 for all TD and 0 (the difference) in the distance scoring, or 0 for all TD and the full points in the distance scoring, but cross those up and you could be double counting the TDs.

Hey FlaHawker. Glad to have you back, and thanks for the words about the new format. I like it a lot better. Krueger really pushed for it too, so he gets some credit there.

On the printing, somewhere along the line my print areas got messed up. I didn't realize it with version 1.0... or 2.0... but they were corrected in version 2.1 which is now available. You can download that, or adjust the print areas yourself. In older Excel look for them under File > Page Setup. In new Excel they are under Formulas > Named Ranges. Once you find them they are pretty easy to change, and you should see on screen with a print preview the improvement of having a proper print area setting.

The high projected fantasy points, and distance scoring... the one thing I can think of is you have full points for TD in both the regular (non-distance) scoring category and the distance scoring categories. Do you have 6 for all TD and 6 for 0-29? Remember it should be 6 for all TD and 0 (the difference) in the distance scoring, or 0 for all TD and the full points in the distance scoring, but cross those up and you could be double counting the TDs.

Thanks for the A-1 customer serivce Mike! Yup I had TDs in both areas and they were being counted twice. Now, I'll play around with printing issue, which is minor. Thanks again! :thumbsup: