Sign in to follow this  
wojo3211

QB 6pt td's

I'm no math major so I can't understand why qb's are apparently more important if their td's are 6 points. If all qb's get 6 points, what's the difference? It seems to be common logic but can someone explain?

To be honest, I find this setting to devalue quarterbacks that rush for touchdowns. Quarterbacks like Vick and Freeman have made up ground due to the rushing yards and touchdowns. But when all are equal, I'd rather take Rodgers,brees, rivers, manning, and Brady before Vick.

Since Qb's are higher scoring overall, there is a larger difference in points between the best QB's and the worst QB's, meaning that waiting to draft a QB hurts your team more in total points.

Lets compare Tom Brady and Matt Schaub's performances last year. Brady had 36 TD's and Schaub had 24.

In a 4 pt per TD league...Brady had 36*4=144 pts and Schaub had 24*4=96 pts, so waiting to draft Schaub instead of Brady costs you 48 pts.

In a 6 pt per TD league, Brady had 36*6=216 pts and Schaub had 24*6=144 pts, so waiting to draft Schaub instead of Brady costs you 72 pts.

I disregarded yards, etc since points for those stats are unchanged.

Since Qb's are higher scoring overall, there is a larger difference in points between the best QB's and the worst QB's, meaning that waiting to draft a QB hurts your team more in total points.

Lets compare Tom Brady and Matt Schaub's performances last year. Brady had 36 TD's and Schaub had 24.

In a 4 pt per TD league...Brady had 36*4=144 pts and Schaub had 24*4=96 pts, so waiting to draft Schaub instead of Brady costs you 48 pts.

In a 6 pt per TD league, Brady had 36*6=216 pts and Schaub had 24*6=144 pts, so waiting to draft Schaub instead of Brady costs you 72 pts.

thanks, that's explained very well

It's pretty big. Lets say a QB throws 30 TDs, that would be 60 extra points compared to a 4pt league. As someone already stated, this devalues the running QB a bit.