Sign in to follow this  
xvrt

Configuring Back Up Spots

What effect does the backup spots have on the compiler? Should I set this in relation to how I intend to draft? Does it have any effect on rankings etc?

It will never impact the positional rankings but it can impact the overall rankings, depending what overall ranking method you use. It will impact them based on the default method - Compiler Draft Pick Recommended.

You should input the backups as you expect the teams in your league on average to draft, and keep the total backups in your settings equal to the total backups per the league rules. You can use decimals, so keep that in mind. Here is the section on backups from the instructions:

For each of these options, indicate the number of backups required by your league at each position. If your league does not use a particular position, then set the number of backups to zero.

If your league does not require a set number of backups at a position, then input the number of backups you expect an average team in your league to draft at each position. You can use decimals instead of whole numbers, if appropriate*, but the total backups for all positions should equal the total backup players per team in your league.

* For example, if you expect half the teams in your league to draft 2 backup RB, and 3 backup WR, while the other half drafts 3 backup RB, and 2 backup WR, then you can input 2.5 backup RB, and 2.5 backup WR.

http://fftoday.com/compiler/instructions.html#5

It will never impact the positional rankings but it can impact the overall rankings, depending what overall ranking method you use. It will impact them based on the default method - Compiler Draft Pick Recommended.

You should input the backups as you expect the teams in your league on average to draft, and keep the total backups in your settings equal to the total backups per the league rules. You can use decimals, so keep that in mind. Here is the section on backups from the instructions:

http://fftoday.com/compiler/instructions.html#5

Thanks Mike - great product. MY first year with it, but the player/player tab has already helped me immensely in keeper and pre-draft trade valuations.