Sign in to follow this  
dpollaro

Compiler help

Mike

I really like the new setup so far, makes it very easy to use.

I am running into some strange issues that I am trying to figure out.

I am using MS Excel 2007 on Windows 7.

I also use the projection pal to import from another site, as well as used the projection pal download file you had for CBS (thanks!)...

I have 3 versions of the CCDB for my different leagues (they are all named differently).

2 of my leagues have the exact same scoring, lineup requirements. The only difference is 1 league is keeper, and the other is not.

I imported the projections into both of these leagues, as well as customized the Options tab (baselines, and average projections). I dont really know what I am doing when I tweak the baselines, I just try and get the top 20 picks or so to look like how the players will come off in my league and compared to other projection sites.

Now onto my issues..I have the same scoring,lineup requirements, projection imports, and same baselines and custom allocations between fftoday, cbs, and the 3rd site I use...

when i update the projections on both and then compile the cheatsheets, the overall projections on both are slightly different (everyones point values match on the overall tab). What I also noticed is I will try a custom allocation on the 4th sheet (options)...ill compile it, then ill try a different allocation, compile it, then i go back to my original custom allocation and compile it again...and the results are different...

or sometimes if i change the custom allocation, compile it..i go look at the overall tab....then i dont make any changes and compile it again....then sometimes the overall order just changes after the 2nd compile without making any changes....cant get this to reproduce every time though

any ideas why both CCDBs are not showing the same results if all the settings are the same?

I am just trying to set them up before my drafts next week to how i like them...

also anyone have any good baseline settings?

I think I'd have to see both to compare why they aren't the same. Are you sure everything is exactly the same? There are a lot of options in there. Are we talking major differences or small differences? You can send me both of your files if you like. compiler@fftoday.com

I tend to not mess with the baselines as I find the Compiler Recommended method already puts the positions values where I like them.

I think I'd have to see both to compare why they aren't the same. Are you sure everything is exactly the same? There are a lot of options in there. Are we talking major differences or small differences? You can send me both of your files if you like. compiler@fftoday.com

I tend to not mess with the baselines as I find the Compiler Recommended method already puts the positions values where I like them.

I sent it over to you Mike, thank for taking a look

the differences are not that much..just where the QBs get placed it looks like...

more concerned with sometimes when i compile it i will get certain results..then ill compile it again without changing anything and it changes

I sent it over to you Mike, thank for taking a look

the differences are not that much..just where the QBs get placed it looks like...

more concerned with sometimes when i compile it i will get certain results..then ill compile it again without changing anything and it changes

using the default baselines dont seem realistic to me..aaron rodgers doesnt go until 21 and andre johnson doesnt go until 10th