Sign in to follow this  

Number cells keep becoming date format?

I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause this, but every once in a while when I reopen my compiler, all of the numbers are in date format, causing them to look like this:

This is consistent across all the tabs:

and is quite annoying :(

The only thing I've found to fix it is to open a blank compiler, import scoring from the screwed up one, re enter all my team, owner, and keeper info and save over the old one.

I'm using Excel 2010 and the xlsm version of the sheet.

EDIT: I guess I can't post images? Replaced images with links.

Haven't seen that one before Image. So now you are in the new file are you still having this problem?

Haven't seen that one before Image. So now you are in the new file are you still having this problem?

Nope, but this is the 3rd time I've had to perform the "fix". It seems to happen after I save and come back in. Oh well, my last draft is tomorrow, so as long as no one else is having the issue, I wouldn't put much time into it. Just figured I'd throw it out there in case I was missing something obvious.

Okay, good luck!

Hey Mike I ran into this problem regarding larger salary cap leagues, but I only have the problem in the salary values area. I formatted the cell to shrink to fit and that took care of my problem, but that might now work here. The #### usually means the data is to big to fit in the box and is why you have to shrink to fit to see it.

I thought that might be it at first, but this issue just seems odd with every cell converting to a date format. Bizarre.

I thought that might be it at first, but this issue just seems odd with every cell converting to a date format. Bizarre.

Yea I think so also...I'm not a excel wiz at all. I just stumble across a things.