Sign in to follow this  
SeattleBoiler

Two Starting QBs - what overall ranking method?

Long time user, first time caller.

I'm in a long running, 10 team league that starts 2 QBs (2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE). A bit weird on scoring (5 points for TD, 1 per 50 passing, but then 1 per 20 yards rush/receiving).

Historically, 30 QBs are drafted, and 1-2 go in each round. What 'overall ranking' method should I use? 'Compiler recommended' drops my first QB to 60 overall, which it's never done before...

Hi SeattleBoller. I think Median Player Drafted is a good one for 2-QB start leagues. I've discounted QB with the Compiler Recommended method, because historically they should be discounted a bit. Not so in 2-QB leagues, so I think Median Drafted is a good way to go.

Down at 60 is still pretty low for the other method, but try Median Drafted and see if that looks better. I would have guessed your league would on average see 1-2 QB taken per round, but wouldn't you think as many as 4-5 go in the 1st round?

Hi SeattleBoller. I think Median Player Drafted is a good one for 2-QB start leagues. I've discounted QB with the Compiler Recommended method, because historically they should be discounted a bit. Not so in 2-QB leagues, so I think Median Drafted is a good way to go.

Down at 60 is still pretty low for the other method, but try Median Drafted and see if that looks better. I would have guessed your league would on average see 1-2 QB taken per round, but wouldn't you think as many as 4-5 go in the 1st round?

Thanks Mike - yeah, we historically have 30 overall taken by the 10 teams, and definitely 1-2 per round.

Median Player set that up - Vick 2, Rodgers 10, Brady 13, Manning 15, Brees 16.

Not sure I'm as comfortable as your rankings are with Manning, but I like the overall breakdown now. :)

Thanks again!

In our rankings on the website we dropped Manning one spot below Romo. I don't remember if the projections changed though, and it will depend on the scoring system. I agree with you - either let someone else take the risk... or you should get a real bargain. Hard to imagine - in my mind - that he will miss much time but that is pure speculation.