Sign in to follow this  
Buttmonkey

Need Help Advice On Trade

I give up Brees, Witten, Philly Def

I get Vick, Owen Daniels, Pitt Def

What do you experts think of this trade - good for me?

Interesting trade.... Vick is a risk but a huge upside if he doesn't get hurt... I am not sure how Daniels would out produce Witten but Pitt should out produce Philly...

I think I would do it only if you have a decent back up to Vick.

Need to know what your roster is; need to know the scoring format in your league. Based upon what you've provided, you've increased your scoring ceiling, and your floor (and risk) by quite a bit. This is the sort of move you make if the rest of your team isn't really strong, and you need to shoot for the moon.

I agree with the other two comments.

You do it if your team isn't as strong and if you're shooting for the moon.

If your back up to Vick is decent.

I would do it just based on the Pitt defense. I like their def better than the Eagles.

Please see my defense topic if you can.

Thanks!

Good Luck!

Awesome comments guys and good insight. This league is a 16-team league and I probably had the 3rd or 4th strongest team (imo). However, the fact that all four division winners from last year are in the same division this year meant my division is really, really strong. Vick owner is in my division as well. You are right in my team is weak (which is what prompted this trade) in one area - RB (Wells, Grant are my starters). I have nice upside guys if some injuries happen (Delone Carter, Jerome Harrision, CJ Spiller, Roy Helu). My team is strongest at WR (Calvin Johnson, Manningham, Moss) - I have three of the strongest starting WRs in the league (remember - 16 teams). I would have rolled with Brees but felt he didn't give me the advantage I needed to offset the RB1 position I was lacking. Grant or Wells will offset everyone else's #2 back, but I had no way of consistently competing with the #1 backs of each of my divison mates (Rice, Deangelo Williams, Gore). I think Vick gives me that balance, and from there my WRs should carry me. Pitt Def was a sticking point - I felt I had to have them to give me a legit stud at the position (Philly Def hasn't really proven itself yet). PPR league. Here's the bad news - my backup to Vick is Alex Smith. I plan on getting Young off waivers (once former Vick owner drops him as I can't see him keeping Young and wasting roster spot). My whole season relies on Vick's health, but if he does stay healthy - I should come out ahead.

Thoughts?

PPR and 16 teams not sure I like it, an elite TE is a huge advantage in this format. Witten should push for 100 catches this year, you would demolish your opponent at this spot every week, and Bree's was another big advantage too. Good analysis on Vicks rushing totals, that will be the key for you.

Owen Daniels can be elite if he can stay on the field as he is the true #2 target in a dangerous passing offense. You added a lot of volatility with this trade. Definitely need to start fishing for a better QB backup, 16 teams makes it tough.

Be interested to hear how you end up, good luck.