Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

I am starting Ben Tate over __________________

***** This is the official Ben Tate week one bandwagon thread, Haters STFU and GTFO!! *****

I am strongly considering starting him over Felix. I am already down a ton thanks to Brees and I could see my man Tate just dominating that atrocious Colt run D. I don't like Felix vs the Jets all that much. Who else has the stones to start the TATE!! :overhead:

I am starting Derick Ward over Ben Tate.

Ward will be ok, Tate is a far superior talent to that old man tho. :banana:

After thinking about but not starting Graham at the flex spot, I am left with a choice of Reggie Bush or Tate (if Foster does in fact not play) :unsure:

After thinking about but not starting Graham at the flex spot, I am left with a choice of Reggie Bush or Tate (if Foster does in fact not play) :unsure:

Hi Kutulu!! :wave: Roll with Tate!!

Considering Tate over Rice at flex in a .5 ppr.

Something like that could get you banned from FF for life.

Something like that could get you banned from FF for life.

I wouldn't do it but Rice will get shutdown big time. Tate could destroy the Colts, historically one of the worst run d's in the nfl.

Ward will be ok, Tate is a far superior talent to that old man tho. :banana:

You should let Houston in on that information since they have Ward as their #2 RB and Tate as their #3.

You should let Houston in on that information since they have Ward as their #2 RB and Tate as their #3.

Yeah, and Thomas Jones started every game for the Chiefs last year.

What does all the coach speak mean?

Not much. Tate is more likely to finish the game with more carries regardless of coach speak.

Like that means anything. Tate will get just as many carries.

Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said RB Derrick Ward would start Week 1 if RB Arian Foster (hamstring) is not able to play in the game.

Source: Twitter

We know, doesn't mean he will get any more carries than Tate.

Cedric Benson. I hear he's better at moping and painting, than toting the rock.

Jeez, and to think literally just four days ago the Arian Foster snickered and laughed at me when I drafted Ben late ... who's snickering (and evil laughing) now?

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

We know, doesn't mean he will get any more carries than Tate.

It's still worth reporting. Best case scenario for Tate is if HOU goes up big early on. If the game is close Kubiak will lean on Ward due to his experience. If it gets out of hand we will see more of Tate. It's risky starting either of these guys, even against the Colts run D. Flexing them isn't insane but if you are debating switching out your RB2 or even RB1 like that dude contemplating sitting Rice...well...you're a moron haha.

Tate over Turner for me.

If Foster is not playing I will strongly consider starting Tate over Ryan Mathews. I could see them running the ball 40 times and splitting the carries evenly. Even 12-15 carries could be enough to justify starting him.

I guess I'm starting him over Foster. :dunno:

My other options are Tolbert and Lynch but I still need a flex starter. :doh:

Thankfully noone, as I have Charles, Hillis, and Wells in the flex. I think a reasonable high-end expectation is what Starks did from a similar position -- 50-60 yards and a TD. That's not exactly bad for a flex, so if you have no other good options (like MDC described), then go for it.

I've seen this movie before, and it is very tempting -- you take a late round flyer on a guy with potential, and then the stud goes down, and you see your chance to get some value from that pick before the stud comes back. Sometimes it happens. More often, not so much. Ward is for now the starter, and is more trusted in pass protection.

I've cooled on benching Knowshon for Tate.

I thought the Raiders had a better Run Defense. They were 29th last year against the run, and I just saw some highlights, huge holes and poor tackling.

Don't know what to do now. Ugh. :unsure:

Like that means anything. Tate will get just as many carries.

Beware, Kubiak has never been a fan of splitting carries evenly in a game. If Ward is starting, I'd stay away from Tate. Tate will only see significant action if Ward starts fumbling.

Beware, Kubiak has never been a fan of splitting carries evenly in a game. If Ward is starting, I'd stay away from Tate. Tate will only see significant action if Ward starts fumbling.

Pay no attention to the official depth chart. Tate is the guy to have on your bench, not Ward. But I wouldn't start either one this weekend, unless we hear definitively that Foster is out. And even then it will be a time share.

I've cooled on benching Knowshon for Tate.

I thought the Raiders had a better Run Defense. They were 29th last year against the run, and I just saw some highlights, huge holes and poor tackling.

Don't know what to do now. Ugh. :unsure:

Fox wants to run, and the Raiders can be run on. Knowshon would definitely get the bump over Tate for me, but I admit I'm firmly of the opinion that neither Tate nor Ward sees a big workload on Sunday.

Starting Rice, Blount, Forte over Tate.

As a side note, I know help board!, would anyone consider starting McGahee over Felix Jones this weekend?

I think he scores a td vs Oakland. I can't say the same about Felix this week.

I'm not, Ward is getting the start over Tate. Kubiak said this would be a hot hand situation, so if Houston's run-blocking is as good as we think it is and Indy's run defense is as bad on the road as it usually is, why wouldn't I take the first man up who is also going to be in the game on passing downs? Part of me is thinking I should start both in the one league I have them, but I can't justify sitting Felix or Hightower.

FWIW, I see Ward going for 70 yards rushing, 1 TD and four catches for 30 yards. Tate - 80 yards rushing, 1 TD and one catch for five yards.

I guess I'm starting him over Foster. :dunno:

My other options are Tolbert and Lynch but I still need a flex starter. :doh:

Hopefully you won't be starting Tate over Lynch.

If Foster is a no-go, I guess it will have to be Tolbert, with Fred Jackson and LT2 as my other options.... ugggh!

Starting Rice, Blount, Forte over Tate.

As a side note, I know help board!, would anyone consider starting McGahee over Felix Jones this weekend?

I think he scores a td vs Oakland. I can't say the same about Felix this week.

I'm giving Felix the nod this week only because I'm in a PPR league. Knowing the Jets will shutdown Miles and possibly Dez, that leaves Romo throwing to Witten and screening to Felix. :dunno:

Even if Foster sits this week, I'm adopting a wait and see attitude with Kubiak's division of the carries. Hopefully for Tate owners, Ward gets fumblitis and Foster stays injured.

Pay no attention to the official depth chart. Tate is the guy to have on your bench, not Ward. But I wouldn't start either one this weekend, unless we hear definitively that Foster is out. And even then it will be a time share.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks this. Everyone seems to think Tate will be the guy, I'm just not so sure. Ive got Foster and Tate, and Ward is sitting there on the free agent market.

Its stupid though that it is even in question after Ward fumbles in preseason and Tate lights it up...

Not sure what to do though...I need some RB for HOU in this game. They should DESTROY Indy

The league that I have Foster/Tate in is 12-team PPR. We start 1 RB, 1 WR, and have 2 RB/WR flex spots. With Foster out, I'm going to start Jeremy Maclin, rather than Tate. I want to see how things shake out with the timeshare, before I put Tate in the lineup.

Food for thought!

Foster is in a contract year and Tate is in the Texans future plans. When Foster is healthy it's his job so, why not work Tate in to see how he performs under starting rb conditions? I believe Ward starts and they work Tate in to both evaluate and have leverage over Foster at years end. Winning is obviously first and foremost on the agenda but if the game goes as expected, Tate will get his chance. Just a thought! May be wrong but then again?