Sign in to follow this  
Domenic

Why is everyone drinking the Kevin Kolb Kool aid?

I don't get it I'm a life long Eagles fan and I've watched ever snap he's ever played in the NFL what am I missing? I know he has Fitz this year but I still wouldn't touch him in the deepest of leagues.

Ok ill chime in here only because im a noted Kolb hater and even issued a board wide sig bet that Kolb wouldnt finish the year as a top 20 qb. I think he is average at best, and most likely just not that good, or even bad.

but if I must play devils advocate, there are 2 distinct reasons that people like kolb. I will get a ton of heat for this but oh well.

1. He had a few games where he threw for decent yards against bad teams or in garbage time. Id hav to check my facts if he even won any of them so i wont talk about that.

2. this is the biggest reason, and its the reason anyone even knows his name...A few years ago, Andy reid started a 1 man hype train by talking about how great Kolb was to the media every once in awhile. He single handedly put the thought in everyones head that he was this Schaub like godly backup who needed a shot. Thats without the stallar preseasons like schaub or the actual game success that schaub would go on to have.

Seen him play, he aint that good until he proves me otherwise.

I was the first one to believe all the Andy Reid hype because I was tired of watching McNabb throw at our receivers ankles all the time. I got right off the bandwagon after watching him play a few games in my opinion Kevin Kolb is good for 1 pick per TD he's got 11 td's going into this year with 14 int's