Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Work meetings that go from noon to 1

Government workers are "lucky" because they get to work 10+ less years than everyone else in the country and get benefits packages that no one in the private sector could touch with a 10 foot pole.

Yep. Work 35+ years to get a full package, but since there is no union, we can be fired any second for any reason. Viva government workers. :overhead:

Nobody wants to eat shitty take out food for lunch. Never schedule a lunch meeting again. Last time I had to attend one, I had to politely decline to eat their shitty food dozens of times while planning 600 ways to kill the person who organized the sh!t fest waste of all of our time who could have accomplished the same crap with an email with 3 sentences. Maybe you can hire a consultant that can give you a few pointers.

:overhead: My point is that these tax dollars are not hard earned if you can't even give up your precious lunch hour. :overhead:

Oh I see. You are cracking the whip on the slack asses that are sending you a free check every month. Got it. Makes perfect sense.

If this guy isn't a focking alias, I'll eat my shorts. He can't remember anything about his own life. :unsure: Either that or it's MPD.

Yep. Work 35+ years to get a full package, but since there is no union, we can be fired any second for any reason. Viva government workers. :overhead:

Nobody wants to eat shitty take out food for lunch. Never schedule a lunch meeting again. Last time I had to attend one, I had to politely decline to eat their shitty food dozens of times while planning 600 ways to kill the person who organized the sh!t fest waste of all of our time who could have accomplished the same crap with an email with 3 sentences. Maybe you can hire a consultant that can give you a few pointers.

I order good food fockstick. Better than what they would be buying in the cafeteria....

And I am a consultant. :overhead:

That is what we do and we wouldn't get paid what we do if we didn't help.

Oh I see. You are cracking the whip on the slack asses that are sending you a free check every month. Got it. Makes perfect sense.

If this guy isn't a focking alias, I'll eat my shorts. He can't remember anything about his own life. :unsure: Either that or it's MPD.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

They are sending my wife a check every month, not me. We handle our finances separately but I do get to cash in on her great insurance policy. HTH

Here's my point:

I typically work 50 hours per week and work 60 when the job demands it. I was in 8 hours on Saturday because I had work that needed to get done. That's life, I'm fine with it.

My company also "requires" an hourlong lunch break. Which means it's considered an 8-hour day to work from 8:30 until 5:30 whether you take that lunch or not. Many of my coworkers can afford to go out for an hour every day, I can't and typically eat at my desk for 15 minutes and then get back to work. Again, that's fine - my department is short-staffed and I am grateful for my job.

What irks me is scheduling a meeting that's regional (no time-zone problem) and on a conference call / on the computer from 11:30 until 1 PM. Realistically, I'd be spending 15 minutes of that time actually taking a break and the 1.25 hours otherwise working. Now that put me in a position where I skip my break to attend a pointless meeting. It's just dumb and I'd say counter-productive.

I have a job and work hard at it. I also don't begrudge people who are in the enviable position of retiring early, which is terrific. But I do find it massively hypocritical to hear lectures about the value of working hard from mewling little poosays who retire early because they got sad and mad about the results of the last election and then spend their days lecturing hard-working people on the value of the hard work they don't do anymore.

Finally, given that most of us are tied to our smart phones, checking email constantly, and bringing work home on a routine basis if not actually going into the office on days off and / or holidays (all things that I do), I've really got to question the value of also asking workers to give up the short mental break most of us take mid-day for the sake of a meeting that could be scheduled at any other time.

Just dumb. :dunno:

no thanks. Id like to watch my kid grow up and not be working all night.

I actually see my kids more when im on nights than when im on days. Also i have 14 days off every month. Just sayin'. :dunno:

Oh also i rarely take a lunch break either.

They are sending my wife a check every month, not me. We handle our finances separately but I do get to cash in on her great insurance policy. HTH

Now you are outright daring me to regurgitate your old posts. RP... Is this you? If it is you may want to write your alias story down so you can keep it straight.

I've never worked at a place that scheduled lunch meetings, but I can tell you that I really would not like it. If there's some kind of emergency or really, really huge deadline looming then I could understand. But if it was a regular occurrence I would be really pissed off. And I don't mind coming in early or working late. Just let me have my one g0ddamn hour of peace in the middle of the day before I have to deal with people I don't really want to talk to all afternoon. :angry:

Forget about Sarah Palin, she does not matter.

The reason I stopped working was the total disregard the government had in spending my hard earned tax money. BHO had me paying for my neighbor’s mortgages and cars. He bailed out Wall Street, the Unions, and big business with my money. He gave direct cash payments to everyone on entitlement with my money. (and called them tax cuts) BHO penalized the responsible at the expense of the irresponsible. At the same time the government offered my wife a chunk of cash to retire early with full pension and medical benefits. I said enough and dropped out of the work force with her. Currently 80% of our income and our health care are coming from the government and we are making 80% of what we were making while working. Currently we are both receiving checks from the government or as it should be put the “Taxpayer”.

This is the society the left created, Cloward–Piven on steroids, and I am working within that system. When we were working my spouse and I totaled about 110 hours of work a week. Would you and your spouse work 110 hour weeks to increase your income 20%. There are millions of stories like this and the taxpayer is footing the bill.

Edit: One of the people I was golfing with today just retired last month, he is 50 and yes he was a government employee.

I will summarize this for you.

After 2 tours in Viet Nam I went to school on the GI bill. Upon graduation I worked for the government for 5 years but as soon as the economy improved I moved to the private sector. I worked for a heavy manufacturing company for 15 years. I retired for a year and then started my own consulting business. This is the business I stopped in October of 2009 when I choose to retire again.

When I posted that I quit work because of BHO’s spending habits and my high tax burden the left went into immediate attack mode. I was called the following names because I retiring: mooch, leech (3 times) crank old fart, dead beat loser, fat stupid lazy ass, and focking leech, etc. Go back and read your posts, your lack intelligence and reason is incredible. I am guessing you don’t even know what you did.

BTW: My wife is the government employee with the great pension and medical coverage, I couldn’t have retired without it. The beauty of government pensions is that they are so lucrative that not only can the employee retire early but they can take their spouse along with them. All on the taxpayers dime so keep working because the retirements are just starting.

I posted this so you would stop playing politics and start thinking about the consequences our current policies will bring you when you are my age.

Remember: Starting 1-1-11 a baby boomer will retire every 10 seconds for the next 20 years. 76 million of them.

It is time for some margaritas in the pool, have a great night.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

You're wasting your time nikki. Furfur is either batsh!t insane or a complete troll. Either way you are wasting your time with him.

You're wasting your time nikki. Furfur is either batsh!t insane or a complete troll. Either way you are wasting your time with him.

I actually thought he was a real poster until recently. Either this dude is completely focking crazy or he is an alias who's owner lost track of the story somewhere along the way.. :dunno:

Sometimes people like to do things other than eat at lunch. Some work through it, some go to the gym for a quick 45 minute workout. Don't schedule a meeting at lunch.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Sorry. I do get a small check from the county but it is direct deposited into my wife account so we tend to forget about it.

I kind of pulled a Warren Buffet on you there. I was speaking of taxable income not actual income. My income comes from accumulated wealth which has already been taxed; the only tax I pay is 15% of capital gains.

Yes. The health care is huge and without a steady income I could not have “safely” retired at age 54.

Nikki where were you when Buffet was comparing his secretary’s taxes to his. It is the same shell game.

Edit: Opps sorry, I just started collecting SS too so that 80% is no longer acurate.

Yup, Buffet is a hero and I am crazy. Did you ever stop to think that we both are crazy?

On 9/13/2011 at 12:01 PM, Phurfur said:

I put in 30 years of 50-60 hour work weeks and rarely took a lunch break. That is why I was able to leave the workforce. I would love to chat but Happy Hour starts at 11 AM here in AZ. I might see some of you on your lunch break.

30 years of working 8 years ago would make you pretty old today.

MDC claiming how hard he works. Lol! Is having slapfights here all day considered work now? Dillusion. Some world we live in where a cubicle monkey that spends half his day here claims he's some sort of hard worker. Never worked a hard day in his life. 

I got a PM from Newbie the other day, telling me he got a 3-month time out and predicting that Tardcuck would be all over my johnson in his absence. Looks like he called it.

Coincidentally I just got out of a 12-2 meeting. :D

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

I got a PM from Newbie the other day, telling me he got a 3-month time out and predicting that Tardcuck would be all over my johnson in his absence. Looks like he called it.

That's cool. But please, stop claiming you work hard. Or ever have. It just grows your pile of stupidity even more. And it's insulting to those of us that have put in many hard days work. 

I get this from a guy with almost 40,000 posts in 3 years.

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

MDC claiming how hard he works. Lol! Is having slapfights here all day considered work now? Dillusion. Some world we live in where a cubicle monkey that spends half his day here claims he's some sort of hard worker. Never worked a hard day in his life. 

You tryin to say part time at the comic book store 20 years ago wasn’t hard work? Ok buddy.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, MDC said:

Best summer ever. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

I get this from a guy with almost 40,000 posts in 3 years.

My career is long over. Yours is just beginning. Ha ha! Enjoy that cubicle missy! 

Tardcore needs an excel doc to keep his lies straight. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

Tardcore needs an excel doc to keep his lies straight. :D

That's not my career.  That's my job 

Member when HT said he was watching the kids full time while posting here 40,000 times in 3 years.

Wut a shiit dad. Loser. :thumbsdown:

What an entertaining thread, a few intense observations:

1. People take their lunch breaks very seriously

2. MDC has been obsessed with politics for a long time, and it has apparently turned him into a very bitter human

3. AZ happy hours at 11 am sound awesome

4. Newbserver somehow managed to get banned from every fantasy football forum on the internet just weeks before preseason starts, he is going to have a rough draft/season.

9 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

What an entertaining thread, a few intense observations:

4. Newbserver somehow managed to get banned from every fantasy football forum on the internet just weeks before preseason starts, he is going to have a rough draft/season.

I'm scratching my head to figure out what a pink liberal must do to get banned over at FBGheys. Did he take a shiit in the middle of Joo Bryant's living room?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, MDC said:

I got a PM from Newbie the other day

Who?

On 9/13/2011 at 10:49 AM, MDC said:

Thanks a lot, company. :rolleyes:

Cant you just change when you get lunch? I adjust my lunch time sometimes if I am in the middle of something, or I know I am going to be starting an involved project. I take lunch at 11:15 anyway

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

Cant you just change when you get lunch? I adjust my lunch time sometimes if I am in the middle of something, or I know I am going to be starting an involved project. I take lunch at 11:15 anyway

I have no idea what 2011 was thinking. I take meetings at noon all the time now. Older and wiser I guess. Or just more defeated. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

Just now, MDC said:

I have no idea what 2011 was thinking. I take meetings at noon all the time now. Older and wiser I guess. Or just more defeated. :dunno:

I realized after I posted that this was 8 years ago. When I first joined this place.... jfc

On 9/13/2011 at 11:57 AM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Maybe you could be organized enough to get your meeting done in 30 minutes. Meetings are the biggest waste of time this side of message boreds.

30 minute meetings are reserved for pre-planning meetings, where you discuss what you're going to discuss in the meeting. Then, after the meeting, you need a post mortem, where you discuss what was discussed during the meeting. With a follow up email, obviously. 

Meetings are a colossal waste of time and only those people who don't have sh!t to do actually enjoy going to meetings. 

Fock that, you dickheads have the meeting. I'll read the follow up email when/if I get the chance. 

32 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I realized after I posted that this was 8 years ago. When I first joined this place.... jfc

Why the hell are there decade old posts on the first page.

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

30 minute meetings are reserved for pre-planning meetings, where you discuss what you're going to discuss in the meeting. Then, after the meeting, you need a post mortem, where you discuss what was discussed during the meeting. With a follow up email, obviously. 

Meetings are a colossal waste of time and only those people who don't have sh!t to do actually enjoy going to meetings. 

Fock that, you dickheads have the meeting. I'll read the follow up email when/if I get the chance. 

I give people 30 minutes if they have provided background and they need a decision. Otherwise, it is a waste of time unless it is a brainstorming/kaizen session.

23 hours ago, MDC said:

:lol::lol: