Sign in to follow this  
ssharpe12

I'm sitting DMC and Nicks....

for Blount and Moss in one league......

and

Fred Jackson and Moss in another!

Screw "don't bench your studs". If you've got someone on your bench who has a floor about as high as your studs ceiling, roll with it!

I am sitting Nicks too against that Philadelphia defense. Even though he will likely be targeted a lot, I don't see much more than 5/60. I put Steve Johnson in my starting lineup instead of Nicks.

I am sitting Nicks too against that Philadelphia defense. Even though he will likely be targeted a lot, I don't see much more than 5/60. I put Steve Johnson in my starting lineup instead of Nicks.

I got Stevie's other side (Nelson) in over Nicks.

I like the S.Moss start....regardless, over H.Nicks

Blount over DMC....no!

The rest of you sitting H.Nicks...for Nelson & S.Johnson...NO! Dumb!

He should do better than both of them.....

NYG will have to force feed it to him.

Johnson is hurt and NE will figure a way to keep this Buffalo team from scoring more than 20 points this week!

Trap!

I like the S.Moss start....regardless, over H.Nicks

Blount over DMC....no!

The rest of you sitting H.Nicks...for Nelson & S.Johnson...NO! Dumb!

He should do better than both of them.....

NYG will have to force feed it to him.

Johnson is hurt and NE will figure a way to keep this Buffalo team from scoring more than 20 points this week!

Trap!

Would it surprise you that much if Nicks had a line like 4 catches for 38 yards with 0 TD's? I'm thinking that as good as Nicks is, Aso and samuels is capable of stopping him if he is the ONLY option in the passing game.

Same thinking for DMC. Would not be surprised if the Jets stuff him.

That is no disrespect to DMC or Hicks, If i only had to choose DMC vs. Jets or Addai vs. Pit, I'd go DMC. If I only had Roy Williams to start over Hicks, I'd go Hicks.

But if you have a legitimate option (steve Johnson), roll with it. Johnson's floor is right about where Nicks' ceiling is. IF you are starting Nicks, you are HOPING for a TD to save your day. The others mentioned have just as good a chance of scoring plus they will likely have more catches and yards.

I was thinking of sitting D.Mac for S.Green.....or Hightower.

Could be wrong but I think S.Green COMES UP WITH A BIG GAME THIS WEEK.

Geez, I've been thinking of playing Tate over DMC. It's a huge call to go against your studs. I've had Rice in the past, and didn't go with him this year, partly because of the match ups (specifically Pitt). But he crushed them this year.

I was thinking of sitting D.Mac for S.Green.....or Hightower.

Could be wrong but I think S.Green COMES UP WITH A BIG GAME THIS WEEK.

No, don't do this....roll with DMC , he will be fine ! :cheers:

Geez, I've been thinking of playing Tate over DMC. It's a huge call to go against your studs. I've had Rice in the past, and didn't go with him this year, partly because of the match ups (specifically Pitt). But he crushed them this year.

I have Rice and Tate starting...We can start 3.

I want to start D.McFadden but I feel that S.Green will finally

put up big numbers.

Is A.Foster going to start? If he does than I will put in Green and D.Mac.

and

Screw "don't bench your studs". If you've got someone on your bench who has a floor about as high as your studs ceiling, roll with it!

I feel the same way...I am sitting Nicks for Burleson. S.Johnson is my other wr.

Austin is out, so that is who I am starting at wr. I have H.Ward but I think the Steelers will be running a lot

Ben will still do well but I think Wallasce and Sanders will do most of the damage.

I just saw this on NFL Network.

A.Foster is OUT!!! Ben Tate is the man! today.

I have Rice and Tate starting...We can start 3.

I want to start D.McFadden but I feel that S.Green will finally

put up big numbers.

You would bench DMC for Shonn Green?

Wow :thumbsdown:

Foster isnt going to start. He started last week and look what happenned. Bench ben tate and dmc at your own risk.

You would bench DMC for Shonn Green?

Wow :thumbsdown:

:lol:

Who is the better player? D.Mac

Who has the better matchup? S.Green

Who has the better defense? Jets

Who should be behind in the game? Raiders.

Who should have to throw more? Raiders.

Who should get more carries? Edge...S.Green

Who gets the ball at the goal line? S.Green.

Don't get me wrong, I know D.Mac is a better player.

I get playing match-ups, put sitting Nicks and DMC is silly. I have R. Meachem and D. Nelson (both potential shoot-outs)on my bench for those guys. I already have Austin and Romo on the pine due to injuries. I'm starting DMC, Tate and Starks (at flex). Nicks and Britt at WR.

What does everyone csll Nicks, "Hicks"? I've seen this over and over again. Dude is a beast, can beat any CB and will get an absurd number of targets today. He is a must start.

Dude is a beast, can beat any CB and will get an absurd number of targets today. He is a must start.

From what I've noticed, when an elite WR (A. Johnson, C.J., Fitz, Roddy, Nicks, etc.) plays against an elite CB (Revis, Aso, Champ in his day, etc.) the CB will typically slash normal WR production by half at least.

If a typical WR has a great day of 100 yards and a TD, vs. those CB's, 50 yards and a sparse TD is a high expectation.

I'd have no problem sitting Nicks for Nelson, Moss, or anyone else having a favorable match-up. Would I sit Nicks for Henderson, probably not as NO can spread passes to 10 different guys.

Always look at the upside, and when another (lesser) players floor is where your elite players ceiling is, go with the matchup.

The "always start your studs" only applies when other options don't exist. When you have a player who will be on the field for a lot of snaps and touches/targets in a favorable match-up, roll with it.

From what I've noticed, when an elite WR (A. Johnson, C.J., Fitz, Roddy, Nicks, etc.) plays against an elite CB (Revis, Aso, Champ in his day, etc.) the CB will typically slash normal WR production by half at least.

If a typical WR has a great day of 100 yards and a TD, vs. those CB's, 50 yards and a sparse TD is a high expectation.

I'd have no problem sitting Nicks for Nelson, Moss, or anyone else having a favorable match-up. Would I sit Nicks for Henderson, probably not as NO can spread passes to 10 different guys.

Always look at the upside, and when another (lesser) players floor is where your elite players ceiling is, go with the matchup.

The "always start your studs" only applies when other options don't exist. When you have a player who will be on the field for a lot of snaps and touches/targets in a favorable match-up, roll with it.

Totally agree.

I am also thinking of changing out Gronkowski and putting in Graham.

Both the Pats and Saints have top Qb's. The Saints are home vs the Texans and I can see this game being high scoring.

Both teams will move the ball at will. However, I do not buy into the Gronkowski getting more looks because Hernandez is out.

I think that the Pats will need him to block more and I see Brady throwing to the Wr's more. Pluss, I feel that

the Bills can match up better because they will not have to cover 2 Te's.

Just speculation on my part but to me Graham has the better matchup and I feel more explosive offense for today's game.

FFToday has both players ranked high too.

I get playing match-ups, put sitting Nicks and DMC is silly. I have R. Meachem and D. Nelson (both potential shoot-outs)on my bench for those guys. I already have Austin and Romo on the pine due to injuries. I'm starting DMC, Tate and Starks (at flex). Nicks and Britt at WR.

What does everyone csll Nicks, "Hicks"? I've seen this over and over again. Dude is a beast, can beat any CB and will get an absurd number of targets today. He is a must start.

I think it's the interference from that Hixon dude. :lol:

Who is the better player? D.Mac

Who has the better matchup? S.Green

Who has the better defense? Jets

Who should be behind in the game? Raiders.

Who should have to throw more? Raiders.

Who should get more carries? Edge...S.Green

Who gets the ball at the goal line? S.Green.

Don't get me wrong, I know D.Mac is a better player.

Sig bet? 1 week?

Sig bet? 1 week?

Sure. :thumbsup:

You do know that I was trying to get some feedback. Right?

I also read on another site saying this...

"If S.Green doesn't break out this week vs a poor run defense than he never will.

and

Genius

Holy cow. McFadden's second TD run was like Fitzgerald's TD in the Super Bowl a few years ago, or some of Cam Newton's TDs last year--his second level acceleration is unbelievable.

Why would you even think about benching a stud like DMC? I understand late year matchups when teams rest players but in week 3?

I am lucky I had him and Welker and Ryan Mathews this week. :cheers:

Sure. :thumbsup:

You do know that I was trying to get some feedback. Right?

I also read on another site saying this...

"If S.Green doesn't break out this week vs a poor run defense than he never will.

:wave:

The good thing is this...I did not sit D.MacFadden. Thank the lord.

I've been playing long enough to know not to do something like that, especially for a rb who

isn't performing like he probably should.

The bad thing is that I should have started S.Green over B.Tate. It would have netted me 1 more point.

I did however sit Gronkowski who had 25 points in my league. I went and started J.Graham

instead who had 19 points. Bad move but not so bad. My feeling was right in that Graham would have

a solid day.

I am up 117-65 and I will win. He has Ben tonight and that is it. I have the Dallas defense tomorrow.

I really thought Green would have a great day. Wrong! Oh well, lesson learned. At least I didn't sit D.MAC.

Edit.

I should have started H.Nicks too. I went and started N.Burleson over Nicks.

Nicks 2

Burleson 1

I refuse to sit McFadden unless he's out. Even against the best defenses, he just needs to break one for a big game. So many long plays for this guy. Not too many RB's as explosive as this guy. So fast in the open field it's crazy.

I refuse to sit McFadden unless he's out. Even against the best defenses, he just needs to break one for a big game. So many long plays for this guy. Not too many RB's as explosive as this guy. So fast in the open field it's crazy.

I saw that today. The guy is really a good player. I hope it continues.

I thought Ray Rice would carry me today but instead it was McFadden.

Rice had 15 Points for me and D.Mac had 37. Nice!

The good thing is this...I did not sit D.MacFadden. Thank the lord.

I've been playing long enough to know not to do something like that, especially for a rb who

isn't performing like he probably should.

The bad thing is that I should have started S.Green over B.Tate. It would have netted me 1 more point.

I did however sit Gronkowski who had 25 points in my league. I went and started J.Graham

instead who had 19 points. Bad move but not so bad. My feeling was right in that Graham would have

a solid day.

I am up 117-65 and I will win. He has Ben tonight and that is it. I have the Dallas defense tomorrow.

I really thought Green would have a great day. Wrong! Oh well, lesson learned. At least I didn't sit D.MAC.

Edit.

I should have started H.Nicks too. I went and started N.Burleson over Nicks.

Nicks 2

Burleson 1

Yeah, that's great.....anyway. Here's your sig

I may be retarded, but there are 2 things that I know:

1. Never bench DMC

2. My wife wants to blow Eagles Green

I saw that today. The guy is really a good player. I hope it continues.

I thought Ray Rice would carry me today but instead it was McFadden.

Rice had 15 Points for me and D.Mac had 37. Nice!

You have Ray Rice and DMC in the same team ? Not playing in a very competive league are we?

You have Ray Rice and DMC in the same team ? Not playing in a very competive league are we?

Could be a keeper league. :unsure:

No. It's a 10 team re-draft league. Most of the teams are solid.

I took Rice at #3 and D.Mac in round 2.