Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Raiders VS. Patriots

Tom Brady & Patriots head to oaktown should be a good shootout.

I'm benching David Nelson for Denarius Moore.

Can Da raiders pull off another Win ?

Not a shoot out... When the line comes out for this game, bet in under the total if its over 50. The raiders will run the ball and keep Brady off the field. They dont want to get in a shoot out with Campbell at QB I assure you.

Tom Brady & Patriots head to oaktown should be a good shootout.

I'm benching David Nelson for Denarius Moore.

Can Da raiders pull off another Win ?

No, the Raiders' secondary is terrible and while they're talented, they don't have the firepower to match the Pats. But you're right about the shootout--week four of betting the Pats over coming up!

No, the Raiders' secondary is terrible and while they're talented, they don't have the firepower to match the Pats. But you're right about the shootout--week four of betting the Pats over coming up!

The Bills didn't have the firepower to match the Pats either. And the Raiders weren't supposed to be able to run on the top 10 rushing D of the Jets, which is now 2nd to last on the season. This is a home game for Oakland, it is not a gimme for the Pats in any way. Belichick is pissing his pants with the thought of trying to stop the Oakland running game.

I don't think this game will even be close. The Pats cannot stop the run... true. But Hugh Jackman will be outcoached and OAK and its fanbase will quickly come back down to earth this Sunday. No way OAK wins this game.

The Bills didn't have the firepower to match the Pats either. And the Raiders weren't supposed to be able to run on the top 10 rushing D of the Jets, which is now 2nd to last on the season. This is a home game for Oakland, it is not a gimme for the Pats in any way. Belichick is pissing his pants with the thought of trying to stop the Oakland running game.

I don't think anyone who follows football was down on Stevie Johnson or Jackson in terms of talent. The Bills' traditional weakness, run D, is essentially a non-factor vs. the Pats. I expected the Pats to win but the Bills to cover--which sort of worked out. Except for the fact that I root for the Pats. But the Raiders have talent at RB and speed and size at WR, neither of which the Pats deal with well. I don't expect the Raiders to have the same pass/run split the Pats do (obviously), but both sides will put up points.

I expect the pats to jump out early and the raiders to act like the thugs they did in week one taking dumb penalties. When that happens I think McFadden will lower his shoulder as much as possible causing himself to be injured. Better sell high on McFadden. :doublethumbsup: McFadden = stinker this week (my homage to Axe Elf).

*Disclaimer: I am only joking... but I could see this outcome*

I don't think this game will even be close. The Pats cannot stop the run... true. But Hugh Jackman will be outcoached and OAK and its fanbase will quickly come back down to earth this Sunday. No way OAK wins this game.

Thats what all the "experts" said about Buffalo last week.

I expect the pats to jump out early and the raiders to act like the thugs they did in week one taking dumb penalties. When that happens I think McFadden will lower his shoulder as much as possible causing himself to be injured. Better sell high on McFadden. :doublethumbsup: McFadden = stinker this week (my homage to Axe Elf).

*Disclaimer: I am only joking... but I could see this outcome*

I expect you to be driving down the road this weekend. When that happens I think you'll take your eye off the road for one reason or another causing an accident in which you get injured. Better enjoy walking for the rest of this week. :doublethumbsup: (my homage to myself)

*Disclaimer: I am only joking... but I think this will happen*

Raiders will be able to run and pass against the pats. I have no doubt this will be a high scoring game. Ford will be back. The raiders will be tuff at home. They have a very good front 4 but I doubt they will be able to stop brady but I don't think the pats will be able to stop mcfadden.

I expect you to be driving down the road this weekend. When that happens I think you'll take your eye off the road for one reason or another causing an accident in which you get injured. Better enjoy walking for the rest of this week. :doublethumbsup: (my homage to myself)

*Disclaimer: I am only joking... but I think this will happen*

Touché

I am a McFadden owner so I don't want him injuring his fagina

I really want to have the balls to start Moore in my flex but I'll probably roll with Felix and his sore shoulder (and any other nicks or dings he's nursing).

I think this kid could be a garbage time superstar against an atrocious Pats defense.

I really want to have the balls to start Moore in my flex but I'll probably roll with Felix and his sore shoulder (and any other nicks or dings he's nursing).

I think this kid could be a garbage time superstar against an atrocious Pats defense.

Pats D will be pumped up for this game...i expect Bellicheat to dominate on both sides of the ball...He is going to send a message

Pats D will be pumped up for this game...i expect Bellicheat to dominate on both sides of the ball...He is going to send a message

We already know Belichick's "message" for the year. We've got to run a no huddle offense and get as many points as possible because our defense is a punchline.

Pats D need to pump something. They're dead last in the NFL for total defense. Dead last.

I'm benching Wayne for Moore this week and not looking back! Moore has shown me enough. He was due for a light game vs. the Jets Pass D, and now he's due for another 100 and a touch.

I'm benching Wayne for Moore this week and not looking back! Moore has shown me enough. He was due for a light game vs. the Jets Pass D, and now he's due for another 100 and a touch.

i feel ya...i should be a scout ..,because i can detect the raw talent he gangsta :bandana:

Better not start DMC. I mean how is he going to have a good day running when Albert Haynesworth is blowing up the backfield? Gosh, those Patriots are geniuses.

Oakland has very little chance of winning a shootout with Jason Campbell at the helm. They know that. So I'd be mighty surprised if they allow themselves to get drawn into one.

I am interested to see what exotic rule the refs can misinterpret and poorly apply when the Pat's need it most.... :thumbsup:

Oakland has very little chance of winning a shootout with Jason Campbell at the helm. They know that. So I'd be mighty surprised if they allow themselves to get drawn into one.

What are they going to do, give up when the Pats put up points? :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, both offenses are top-6 in points scored, and both defenses are bottom-6 in points allowed. That is the recipe for a shootout.

Could this game shock everyone and end up a low-scoring game? Sure, but to suggest that the Raiders won't "allow themselves to get drawin into" a shootout is a statement that is ignorant of the facts.

BTW-the 3 Raiders game this year have featured 43, 73, and 58 total points. I think they've allowed themselves to be drawn into a few shootouts so far, why would week 4 be different?

NE has struggled some in the past couple years when travelling long distances west and south, and outside of the division.

2010:

@ SD - Won 23-20

2009:

@ Denver - Lost 17-20

@ New Orleans - Lost 17-38

@ Houston - Lost 27-34

Anything to read into? Not sure, but I don't think this game is some kind of lock for NE just because they lost last week.

the odds makers see it like this

New England -4 At Oakland 55

Jason Campbell - The Raiders offensive line dominated the Jets defense last week. Campbell has been sacked just twice all season, and his weapons of Darren McFadden, Denarius Moore, and Jacoby Ford have the kind of game-breaking speed that will give defenses fits going forward. If ever there was a week to gamble on Campbell, it’s Week 4 against a Patriots defense allowing the second-most points to opposing fantasy quarterbacks and the most points to opposing fantays receivers.

idk what to make of this game. i can see it turning into a shootout, but most likely, it'll just be the pats slowly pulling ahead by a lot and blowing them out.

i would NOT bench mcfadden under any circumstance cause he will get catches if the raiders fall behind, but i see the pats game planning on stopping the run. i'm sure they would rather take their chances on tom brady out-dueling jason campbell.

like someone else said, the pats don't lose 2 in a row. i'm sure they're pissed at what happened last week. i would be shocked if the raiders pulled this one off.

I'm guessing it's no big secret that teams need to "game plan" against the run when playing the Raiders. What does that mean? Oakland is #1 in rushing O in the NFL. NE is #10 in rushing D but teams haven't been running on them much do to NE building quick leads. NE's rush D is in the lower half of the league in YPC against with 4.3. I'm sure NE's plan will be to get the big lead again hoping that Oakland gives up on the run. Oakland doesn't typically give up on the run too easily though.

Oakland's D gives up a ton of yards against the pass, and Brady will probably throw for 400 again. But Oakland is also elite at getting to the QB with 10 sacks already in 3 weeks. Notice, 7 of the 10 sacks by Oakland this year have been by the DL. Also notice, 4 of those sacks are by DT's, Seymour and Kelly so they're getting a push up the middle. What's the best way to beat the NE offense? Get pressure with your front 4 and max out coverage otherwise. Detroit's front 4 did an amazing job of that in the preseason and made Brady and company look bad. I'm sure Seymour will be plenty motivated for this game and the Black Hole will be rocking.

There's a case to be made for Oakland being a well built team to match up with NE. I'm telling you the hoody is nervous about this one.

So if my Pick 4 line is Pats -4.5, who would you take? I'm tempted to take them minus the points but also worried about it. My gut tells me they will come out strong to avenge last week's game and the Raiders are pretty much 1 dimensional at this point. Right now I have Indy +9.5 but might replace them with Pats -4.5. Ideas on safer pick?

Typically, when EVERYONE thinks a certain game will he high scoring, it simply is not. Now, in this instance high scoring is 54+ points according to Vegas... I just dont believe it will get there. Who knows why... One team could implode, both teams could be turn over prone or it could just be a good game planning. What I do know, is I havent seen a single person who doesnt think this game will be a shoot out.

If I were a betting man, and I am, I would play this under the total! 27-18 final!

It's not about a message. He doesn't have the personnel.

NE's strategy of throwing incessantly isn't some stroke of genius. It's to disguise the fact that they can't run the ball and can't stop anybody. You better score on every possession with a defense like that.

It's not about a message. He doesn't have the personnel.

NE's strategy of throwing incessantly isn't some stroke of genius. It's to disguise the fact that they can't run the ball and can't stop anybody. You better score on every possession with a defense like that.

The hoody has not proven to be a fantastic drafter. He's fantastic at trading picks and getting silly value out of those trades, but he hasn't done a whole lot with the picks he's made.

So if my Pick 4 line is Pats -4.5, who would you take? I'm tempted to take them minus the points but also worried about it. My gut tells me they will come out strong to avenge last week's game and the Raiders are pretty much 1 dimensional at this point. Right now I have Indy +9.5 but might replace them with Pats -4.5. Ideas on safer pick?

I disagree. While Oakland's pass game isn't scaring anyone, Campbell is completing 66% of his passes and has only thrown one pick this year. They're throwing the way that a team with that running game should. Plus, they've taken advantage of big play opportunities with 9 plays over 20 yards. That's two less than Green Bay, one less than Buffalo in far fewer attempts. Add that he's only taken 2 sacks and they just don't make many mistakes.

Their lines will dominate NE's on both sides. I wouldn't touch the Pats as a favorite here.

It's going to kill us when we eventually have to admit that Al Davis seemingly had a plan all along.

It's going to kill us when we eventually have to admit that Al Davis seemingly had a plan all along.

That's a scary thought

I'm guessing it's no big secret that teams need to "game plan" against the run when playing the Raiders. What does that mean? Oakland is #1 in rushing O in the NFL. NE is #10 in rushing D but teams haven't been running on them much do to NE building quick leads. NE's rush D is in the lower half of the league in YPC against with 4.3. I'm sure NE's plan will be to get the big lead again hoping that Oakland gives up on the run. Oakland doesn't typically give up on the run too easily though.

Oakland's D gives up a ton of yards against the pass, and Brady will probably throw for 400 again. But Oakland is also elite at getting to the QB with 10 sacks already in 3 weeks. Notice, 7 of the 10 sacks by Oakland this year have been by the DL. Also notice, 4 of those sacks are by DT's, Seymour and Kelly so they're getting a push up the middle. What's the best way to beat the NE offense? Get pressure with your front 4 and max out coverage otherwise. Detroit's front 4 did an amazing job of that in the preseason and made Brady and company look bad. I'm sure Seymour will be plenty motivated for this game and the Black Hole will be rocking.

There's a case to be made for Oakland being a well built team to match up with NE. I'm telling you the hoody is nervous about this one.

Good analysis. New England tends to struggle against defenses that can get a good push rushing only three or four guys. Oakland appears to do exactly that. I still think Pats will win this one by more than a touchdown, but if it starts getting away from them early things could get ugly.

I will be watching this one for sure. Although I didn't plan it this way the best thing about my fantasy team is that it is made up of players on teams I really enjoy watching play on Sundays. Witten and Felix on my favorite team, Stafford and Megatron on the most exciting team going right now, Stevie J. on my second favorite team that has become a super exciting offensive team and maybe this year's cinderella team, Run DMC on the Raiders who play old school football and will punch you in the mouth and dare you to come back at them, Brady and Brees with potent offenses. Man I can't wait for Sundays this year.

D moore will blow up today...!!!