Sign in to follow this  
Loc

Colston set to return

So M. Colston is set to return for week 4. What are your thoughts. Is he going to be ready to play, or is he going to start then not be able to finish the game.

Really?

EDIT:

Colston ready to return?

Marques Colston, WR, NO

3:14 PM

News: The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports Saints WR Marques Colston, who has missed the last two games with a collarbone injury, returned to practice Wednesday on a limited basis. The Saints play the Jaguars in Week 4.

Analysis: Colston was expected to miss at least a month with the injury he suffered in Week 1, but last week coach Sean Payton said he was ahead of schedule. It seems there is an outside chance of Colston playing in Week 4, so this is worth following for Fantasy owners. Even though the Jaguars are allowing WRs to average just 15 Fantasy points per week, which is fifth lowest in the NFL, Colston could be a viable Fantasy option if he returns to action Sunday.

Limited in practice this week does not mean he is coming back this week. The team was targeting Week 6. You can monitor it, but just because he is running does not mean he can play this week. You might want to change the title of the thread.

ETA: I love newbs. :lol:

So M. Colston is set to return for week 4. What are your thoughts. Is he going to be ready to play, or is he going to start then not be able to finish the game.

Colston was born in the wrong century. If this were say, the year 3011 and we had advanced far enough in medical science to allow him to replace that bum knee with a bio-mechanical one, I'd like his odds. As it stands, his collarbone is the least of his worries. He still has the ability to make some great catches but he looked extremely sluggish when they played GB, never really being able to create any real separation. Don't count on him this week and as more than a WR3 for the rest of the year.

YEP really.

Marques Colston, WR NO

News: The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports Saints WR Marques Colston, who has missed the last two games with a collarbone injury, returned to practice Wednesday on a limited basis. The Associated Press reports that coach Sean Payton said Colston will play Week 4 against the Jaguars.

Analysis: Colston was expected to miss at least a month with the injury he suffered in Week 1, but last week Payton said he was ahead of schedule. And it now seems Colston will be back earlier than expected, but Fantasy owners should continue to track his progress the rest of the week. Even though the Jaguars are allowing WRs to average just 15 Fantasy points per week, which is fifth lowest in the NFL, Colston could be a viable Fantasy option if he returns to action Sunday

YEP really.

Marques Colston, WR NO

News: The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports Saints WR Marques Colston, who has missed the last two games with a collarbone injury, returned to practice Wednesday on a limited basis. The Associated Press reports that coach Sean Payton said Colston will play Week 4 against the Jaguars.

Analysis: Colston was expected to miss at least a month with the injury he suffered in Week 1, but last week Payton said he was ahead of schedule. And it now seems Colston will be back earlier than expected, but Fantasy owners

should continue to track his progress the rest of the week. Even though the Jaguars are allowing WRs to average just 15 Fantasy points per week, which is fifth lowest in the NFL, Colston could be a viable Fantasy option if he returns to action Sunday

:lol: I love CBS Sportsline and the AP.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/09/new_orleans_saints_injury_repo_42.html

No mention of Payton saying anything about anyone's return this week. In fact, it says that Payton said nothing about the injuries. :dunno:

ETA: the AP is basing it off Payton's presser today where he said the Colston would play. Something is fishy

I don't understand all of the :lol: and saying that Payton did not say Colston would return to play this week when he. It's in the same paper (NOLA) AND on ESPN!

According to ESPN Coach Payton stated Colston will play this weekend! Good news!

espn.go.com — JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Saints coach Sean Payton says receiver Marques Colston has been medically cleared to practice and will play Sunday at Jacksonville. Colston broke his collarbone in the season opener at Green Bay and missed the last two games.

I still will believe when I see it and think it's just a ploy, but he DID say it so I, again, don't see the need for the :lol: posts.

If nothing else, being medically cleared to play (or even practice) and having PAyton say he will play, means if nothing else he can't be far off and will play this week or next. That's a good thing as I just lost Britt!

I don't understand all of the :lol: and saying that Payton did not say Colston would return to play this week when he. It's in the same paper (NOLA) AND on ESPN!

According to ESPN Coach Payton stated Colston will play this weekend! Good news!

espn.go.com — JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Saints coach Sean Payton says receiver Marques Colston has been medically cleared to practice and will play Sunday at Jacksonville. Colston broke his collarbone in the season opener at Green Bay and missed the last two games.

I still will believe when I see it and think it's just a ploy, but he DID say it so I, again, don't see the need for the :lol:

posts.

If nothing else, being medically cleared to play (or even practice) and having PAyton say he will play, means if nothing else he can't be far off and will play this week or next. That's a good thing as I just lost Britt!

It was because the OP gave no links to his info and all info on the NOLA sites said that Paytonade no such claim. Add in an OP with about 10 posts Nd the fact that it was being reported by two sources that are notoriously bad (CBS and AP) and you have your reason.

BTW - I still doubt he plays

It was because the OP gave no links to his info and all info on the NOLA sites said that Paytonade no such claim. Add in an OP with about 10 posts Nd the fact that it was being reported by two sources that are notoriously bad (CBS and AP) and you have your reason.

BTW - I still doubt he plays

Good reasons. I too doubt he plays. It's all talk. I don't know why coaches nowadays feel the need to lie so much and toos out misinformation. I mean, c'mon! It's the Jags.

I do think he comes next week though. This week or next, it's encouraging they're even mentioning or lying about it.

Even if he really does play, I will have a hard time putting him in my lineup this week. Since this seems like a pretty early return from injury, I think I will have to see him play and play well before I insert him into my lineup.

Colston was born in the wrong century. If this were say, the year 3011 and we had advanced far enough in medical science to allow him to replace that bum knee with a bio-mechanical one, I'd like his odds. As it stands, his collarbone is the least of his worries. He still has the ability to make some great catches but he looked extremely sluggish when they played GB, never really being able to create any real separation. Don't count on him this week and as more than a WR3 for the rest of the year.

Colston has never been able to get separation.He's not a YAC guy. He uses his size and hands to overpower cornerbacks. Best slot receiver in the league. He did have over 80 yds receiving in the GB game, but at times i did notice the sluggishness you speak of. He has had knee issues but has never had a major tear. That being said, i don't think he'll play this week unless he is totally pain free.

Colston has never been able to get separation.He's not a YAC guy. He uses his size and hands to overpower cornerbacks. Best slot receiver in the league. He did have over 80 yds receiving in the GB game, but at times i did notice the sluggishness you speak of. He has had knee issues but has never had a major tear. That being said, i don't think he'll play this week unless he is totally pain free.

Not sure where to begin here. Well first of all I'm a homer. Secondly, Colston normally plays on the outside.......Lance Moore plays in the slot. Third, Wes Welker is certainly the best slot receiver in the league and one of the best alltime. Lastly, Colston has had like 6 or 7 knee surgeries over the of the last 4 years........not good.

The cogs in the Saints' offense right now are Brees, Moore, Graham and Sproles. Colston along with Henderson, Meachem, PT and Ingram will get their touches but not on a consistent basis. Colston has had the major dropsies dating back to last season and unfortunately continuing through training camp this year. Brees won't tolerate that even from his former go to guy. On a side note...... In the 4th quarter of the Texans game Brees went no-huddle using an empty set with 5 receivers to choose from including Sproles. Honestly it was the scariest I have ever seen the Saints' offense........unstoppable.