Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

How/when do Yahoo stat corrections work?

Somehow I lost .5 points, possibly b/c of a defensive IDP tackle or something, but I can't seem to figure out where I lost the points.

Does yahoo list all stat corrections somewhere?

When is the scoring final?

Further I'm ticked b/c yahoo is listing:

' Sun, Oct 30

MLB Paul Posluszny had seven tackles, a forced fumble and a quarterback hurry against the Texans.

(Yahoo! Sports)'

But credits him with no forced fumble...

Is there a way to check the official box score? NFL.com?

Somehow I lost .5 points, possibly b/c of a defensive IDP tackle or something, but I can't seem to figure out where I lost the points.

Does yahoo list all stat corrections somewhere?

When is the scoring final?

Further I'm ticked b/c yahoo is listing:

' Sun, Oct 30

MLB Paul Posluszny had seven tackles, a forced fumble and a quarterback hurry against the Texans.

(Yahoo! Sports)'

But credits him with no forced fumble...

Is there a way to check the official box score? NFL.com?

Yes you can check stats on NFL.com.

They have Landry and Session with forced fumbles.

Yahoo will have some "minor" adjustments overnight. These tend to be, but are not limited to, IDP corrections. IDPs are much harder to get accurately due to the nature of defense. This adjustments are where you will get fractions to even a few points swings.

Unfortunately, even these adjustments are not the FINAL scores. Official, and final, corrections come from the NFL on Wednesday and are reflected on Yahoo on Thursday. Those scores are final.

You can see the official Wednesday stat corrections listed via a link on the top under the Players tab with a drop down to State Corrections.

As for the overnight adjustments, I don't think they list those.

Yahoo will have some "minor" adjustments overnight. These tend to be, but are not limited to, IDP corrections. IDPs are much harder to get accurately due to the nature of defense. This adjustments are where you will get fractions to even a few points swings.

Unfortunately, even these adjustments are not the FINAL scores. Official, and final, corrections come from the NFL on Wednesday and are reflected on Yahoo on Thursday. Those scores are final.

You can see the official Wednesday stat corrections listed via a link on the top under the Players tab with a drop down to State Corrections.

As for the overnight adjustments, I don't think they list those.

Thanks that's really helpful.

"Stat Corrections" is listed on the site under the "PLAYERS" tab. Changes can happen as early as Monday, and they'll be noted as such when listed.

The corrections made from Sunday to Monday aren't really official "stat corrections," Yahoo just does a terrible job in my opinion of tracking IDP's. For some reason they aren't linked to NFL.com. Yahoo does there own in-game stats and they do not like to award assisted tackles it seems. So a lot of times you will see Posluszny with 7 solo tackles on Yahoo on Sunday, when really he may have had 5 solo tackles and 2 assisted tackles. They also don't usually count the solo tackle when someone gets a sack. So you will see Demarcus Ware listed with 4 sacks (2 points each in most leagues) but not listed with 4 solo tackles for those sacks (an additional 1 point each). They even sometimes miss fumble recoveries or forced fumbles until the next day because they may have awarded them to someone else. If things are close, I always recheck my defensive player stats to see if Yahoo has them accurate or not. Usually they are off by at least a point or two on Sunday.