Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Joe Paterno just hit the Waiver wire.....

Linky

Guess he should have resigned already instead of forcing their hands.

Mental note to those of you who aspire to such lofty heights; if one of your subordinates is caught showering with a 10 year old boy, call the cops or better yet, just shoot the molester.

Linky

Guess he should have resigned already instead of forcing their hands.

Mental note to those of you who aspire to such lofty heights; if one of your subordinates is caught showering with a 10 year old boy, call the cops or better yet, just shoot the molester.

He did announce his resignation effective the end of this season before the regents fired him effective immediately. Since everyone acknowledged that he reported the incident (which was reported to him but he did not witness firsthand) immediately to his boss in 2002, and he has not been implicated by the investigators in the scandal, I think Penn State should have honored his resignation and let him finish coaching the season.

Been following the riots on twitter. Crazy. Students have started fires, torn down light posts, thrown rocks at cars and firetrucks, and flipped over a news van. Police are using mace on anyone and everyone. They caused more damage in two hours than Occupy Wall Street has in two months, and it's all over a football coach.

He did announce his resignation effective the end of this season before the regents fired him effective immediately. Since everyone acknowledged that he reported the incident (which he did not witness firsthand) to his boss, and he has not been implicated in the scandal, I think Penn State should have honored his resignation and let him finish coaching the season,

I respectfully disagree entirely. They are an academic institution first & foremost. They are caretakers for the education, molding, & safety of people's children; could be any of our kids. And given the scope of the accusations, even the whiff of his knowledge of it.. and the magnitude and firestorm of the scandal.. they made the only sensible choice given a terrible situation.

He did announce his resignation effective the end of this season before the regents fired him effective immediately.

He was still trying to control the situation by saying he was resigning after this season. His statement was almost an edict - paraphrased 'The Board should not spend one minute deciding my fate They have more important things to worry about. I want to make this as easy as I can on them.' At the end of the year, the scandal would have died down quite a bit and he would have most likely tried staying.

I respectfully disagree entirely. They are an academic institution first & foremost. They are caretakers for the education, molding, & safety of people's children; could be any of our kids. And given the scope of the accusations, even the whiff of his knowledge of it.. and the magnitude and firestorm of the scandal.. they made the only sensible choice given a terrible situation.

Well said sir. :thumbsup:

Paterno should have done more (by his own admission) and if he gave two sh!ts about those kids, he would have went to the authorities. Coverup from the top on down.

The wildest part of this whole mess was that the guy was caught, let off the hook and then opens up some 'underpriviledged kids' program that might have been on campus at times. Are you focking serious? REALLY?

Sandusky was a predator just like Michael Jackson and chose his victims wisely. Buying off poor kids silence with gifts and the possibility of College through his Penn State connections.

What a mess.

Good Op-Ed on this from ESPN:

Linky

"For those who continue to cling to the notion that because Paterno fulfilled his legal obligation, he should be allowed to finish this season on his own terms, I pose this question: If that 10-year-old in the showers with Sandusky was your brother, cousin, nephew, friend or neighbor, would you be satisfied with how Paterno handled the situation?

And now a follow-up question: How would you have felt if Paterno took the field on Saturday and thousands were cheering him?

If Sandusky is proved guilty, he is obviously the worst monster in this sordid horror story. But it isn't a stretch to suggest that Paterno played the role of Dr. Frankenstein. He didn't create the monster; but if Sandusky is guilty, then Paterno is at least partially responsible for the tragedies of every one of the victims assaulted after that unidentified boy in the shower."

After reading the presentment from the grand jury, the whole chain of command from the grad student on up needs to be thrown out on their asses.

He did announce his resignation effective the end of this season before the regents fired him effective immediately. Since everyone acknowledged that he reported the incident (which was reported to him but he did not witness firsthand) immediately to his boss in 2002, and he has not been implicated by the investigators in the scandal, I think Penn State should have honored his resignation and let him finish coaching the season.

You know, there are situations where you can kick things up the chain of command and then wash your hands of it. Say it was some silly administrative matter, or maybe he found out Sandusky was stealing office supplies or something like that. But not when we are talking about sodomizing little boys. That requires much greater action than Paterno took and that's why his career has ended in disgrace.

The fact that he hid his head in the sand on something like this is totally unforgivable.

+1

Good. I hope the dirty old man gets cancer and dies. How much worse can this be? Oh wait, it IS worse since the dooshbag, moron students are actually protesting it and acting like jerks. Typical college students though....they are the most worthless people on the planet. They always show up at protests and other mischievous functions. This is amazing. Schools are supposed to be a safe place for kids and you can't even trust that.

Sandusky can DIE and so can JoPa. Every official that's involved in any way needs to die. Fock you, JoPa. Dirty.old. Man.

Paterno lost his chance to leave with dignity when he failed to act accordingly when it was first brought to his attention....PERIOD.

In my book, anyone that ignores (or in this case covers up) a molestation is every bit as guilty as the actual molester. Guilty by association basically.

I've read the 23 page report from the Grand Jury & was absolutely disgusted & angered on the complete disregard on action that involved the authorities. They all need to be fired, incarcerated, and forgotten about.

We have only just begun to realize the perverse actions of Sandusky and the cover ups that followed. More will step forward for sure since he opened up his own personal "molestation club" in 1977. My heart goes out to the kids (now adults) that were taken advantaged of, and in at least one occasion - reported it to PSU. The whole thing is wrapped in evil, greed, sadness, & disgrace.

This was a crime against humanity at all levels and I pray that the judgement placed on them by their fellow man will be but a small taste on what to expect in jail but in the afterlife.

Burn you sick focks! :mad:

Paterno lost his chance to leave with dignity when he failed to act accordingly when it was first brought to his attention....PERIOD.

Not only did he fail then, but when given the opportunity to do the right thing now, he failed again. He should have resigned immediately. By trying to delay until the end of the season, he is showing that he STILL doesn't get it. Pathetic, sad, and disgusting!

Been following the riots on twitter. Crazy. Students have started fires, torn down light posts, thrown rocks at cars and firetrucks, and flipped over a news van. Police are using mace on anyone and everyone.

Sounds like Lansing, MI after a MSU Basketball Championship.

In my book, anyone that ignores (or in this case covers up) a molestation is every bit as guilty as the actual molester. Guilty by association basically.

I've read the 23 page report from the Grand Jury & was absolutely disgusted & angered on the complete disregard on action that involved the authorities. They all need to be fired, incarcerated, and forgotten about.

We have only just begun to realize the perverse actions of Sandusky and the cover ups that followed. More will step forward for sure since he opened up his own personal "molestation club" in 1977. My heart goes out to the kids (now adults) that were taken advantaged of, and in at least one occasion - reported it to PSU. The whole thing is wrapped in evil, greed, sadness, & disgrace.

This was a crime against humanity at all levels and I pray that the judgement placed on them by their fellow man will be but a small taste on what to expect in jail but in the afterlife.

Burn you sick focks! :mad:

:thumbsup:

But, say what you will about Sandusky, at least he drives slowly by schools. :banana:

Ok....im not giving Jo Pa a pass here.....but you are all assuming Jo Pa had that grand jury indictment in front of him since 2002 and just decided to do nothing even though he knew all the stories.

What is more likely....is he knew of ONE story, and took it to his chain of command who did nothing.

This in now way absolves paterno from wrongdoing....i just think the media and people are focusing on the wrong person here.

Sandusky did this.....period.

You are usually a pretty rational guy, but it's hard to believe you even wrote this. The entire athletic department, and possible the police, allowed a grown man to take advantage of at least 8, possibly upward of 30, little boys...no one did a damned thing...they just protected the Penn St program. JoePa IS the Penn St program. It starts and ends at JoePa's desk. They should have fired him the moment this came out. Football is a game, these boys are damaged good forever. I'd have had my entire athletic staff beat the life half out of Sandusky then call the police. I'll take the assault charge just so those boys know that someone cared enough to fight.

You are usually a pretty rational guy, but it's hard to believe you even wrote this. The entire athletic department, and possible the police, allowed a grown man to take advantage of at least 8, possibly upward of 30, little boys...no one did a damned thing...they just protected the Penn St program. JoePa IS the Penn St program. It starts and ends at JoePa's desk. They should have fired him the moment this came out. Football is a game, these boys are damaged good forever. I'd have had my entire athletic staff beat the life half out of Sandusky then call the police. I'll take the assault charge just so those boys know that someone cared enough to fight.

Again...you are assuming he knew of ALL of these incidents, and that they all did....when thats likely not the case at all.

Been following the riots on twitter. Crazy. Students have started fires, torn down light posts, thrown rocks at cars and firetrucks, and flipped over a news van. Police are using mace on anyone and everyone. They caused more damage in two hours than Occupy Wall Street has in two months, and it's all over a football coach.

Why is it all of the sudden acceptable to riot, providing you have a good excuse??? I'm sorry, being a serviceman and former resident of LA County during the riots there in 92 I have a complete and utter disdain for lawlessness.

"Excuse me officer, may I suggest you use your nightstick?" :headbanger:

Read the Grand Jury Report and understand what happened. Horrifying and disgusting acts by Sandusky!

After doing so, here are my thoughts:

Yes, Paterno did report the incident BUT get real about what happened next.

If it were me, I would have to be sure that:

1. Incident confirmed and documented clearly

2. Police and child protective services were contacted

3. Do all in my power to ensure that Sandusky would no longer have access to children... in any case.

This is where Paterno (and other Penn State Leadership) fell ABSOLUTELY short of his duty as an athletic leader at Penn State.

The actions of the Penn State Trustees is in my humblest opinion ABSOLUTELY APPROPRIATE!

Now, If it is found that there was an intentional cover up of these activities ... people besides Sandusky should be going to jail!

The Capn'

Again...you are assuming he knew of ALL of these incidents, and that they all did....when thats likely not the case at all.

Doesn't matter what he knew afterward. Had he done the right thing with the one incident in 2002, NONE of the following incidents ever happen!

What I thought was funny was how Paterno still thought he was calling the shots by dictating when and how he would exit. [Trustees]Bzzzzzz...wrong answer diapers. You go now! [/Trustees}

He reported the incident to his boss, what else is he suppose to do? At my job I would report complaints to my boss and if it dies there then it is out of my hands. I dont think JP did anything wrong, you guys act like he is the one doing the act. All do gooders without sin in this world these days.

he was aware that a coach and friend of his was at worst fondling a 10 year old in the showers of HIS school, and at worst ass-raping him...AND...that his friend had access to lots of other boys...and he downplayed what was done in reporting it to his superiors. it was reported as "horsing around in the shower". By doing so, he enabled a predator to keep doing what predators do. And he allowed his coach and friend to continue to come to the school and be part of the program. JoePA IS Penn State...and Penn State needs to pay. This isn't a "work incident" between consenting adults, it's a 50's-60's man raping a 10 year old boy. It's not against company policy, it's illegal and immoral...and anybody who simply passes by it or glosses over it is just as immoral.

Anybody who defends any of this has no children and no fvcking clue.

I hope JoePa gets charged at some point.

I agree. There are kids who, but for JoPa's willful negligence, would not have been molested. If he doesn't face charges, I hope the victim's take him for every last dime he has, then he can sleep under that statue.

Sandusky = Dead man walking.

I hope it's a painful one where he gets stuff impailed in him with sharp, rusty, AIDS laden edges...

He reported the incident to his boss, what else is he suppose to do? At my job I would report complaints to my boss and if it dies there then it is out of my hands. I dont think JP did anything wrong, you guys act like he is the one doing the act. All do gooders without sin in this world these days.

Imagine that is was your 10-year-old son that was molested and you found out that Paterno knew about it and his response was to treat it the same way he would if a student cheated on a test and he found out. If you're OK with that, I hope you never have kids!

he was aware that a coach and friend of his was at worst fondling a 10 year old in the showers of HIS school, and at worst ass-raping him...AND...that his friend had access to lots of other boys...and he downplayed what was done in reporting it to his superiors. it was reported as "horsing around in the shower". By doing so, he enabled a predator to keep doing what predators do. And he allowed his coach and friend to continue to come to the school and be part of the program. JoePA IS Penn State...and Penn State needs to pay. This isn't a "work incident" between consenting adults, it's a 50's-60's man raping a 10 year old boy. It's not against company policy, it's illegal and immoral...and anybody who simply passes by it or glosses over it is just as immoral.

Anybody who defends any of this has no children and no fvcking clue.

^exactly!

Makes you wonder if it were a family member of his, or a kid of a friend or anyone close to him for that matter, Im sure he wouldve taken more action in getting to the bottom of it. Joe Pa ends a 60+ year legacy in shame, and Sandusky in his future may be showering with guys much bigger than him..

Weird....last night I was thinking of the ending of "A Few Good Men", and thought it was a solid comparison. This morning I heard the weasely Mike from Mike and Mike make the exact same comparison.

It is a good comparison though. The 2 soldiers were dishonorably discharged I believe, and the one was mad because they were just following the chain of command. The other soldier, however, points out they were supposed to "fight for the people who can't fight for themselves".

There is the law of the United States and then there is unwritten morals that the majority tend to follow. This goes beyond the law. JoePa's lack of action is damning. No one on that campus had more power than him. He could have stopped this at least a decade ago. He did not.

Weird....last night I was thinking of the ending of "A Few Good Men", and thought it was a solid comparison. This morning I heard the weasely Mike from Mike and Mike make the exact same comparison.

It is a good comparison though. The 2 soldiers were dishonorably discharged I believe, and the one was mad because they were just following the chain of command. The other soldier, however, points out they were supposed to "fight for the people who can't fight for themselves".

There is the law of the United States and then there is unwritten morals that the majority tend to follow. This goes beyond the law. JoePa's lack of action is damning. No one on that campus had more power than him. He could have stopped this at least a decade ago. He did not.

Jesus....i heard this on our local monkey radio station here in DM.....but Paterno was the hillbilly marine saying "What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong"

Im sure it was in the producers mind that almost 20 years later it would be used as an analogy for a football coach covering up arse rape.

This is incredible. How can anyone in this be defended?! Hell, even the DA that chose not to charge him then disappeared (hopefully offing himself in the most painful way imaginable) should be held culpable in this. Let's get this clear, once and for all. Even it there were NO other incidents THERE IS NO FOCKING EXCUSE FOR NOT CALLING THE POLICE TO REPORT IT. IT IS SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH TO CALL YOUR BOSS AND SAY "SANDUSKY WAS HORSING AROUND IN THE SHOWER WITH A YOUNG BOY". I would have called the police and said I saw Sandusky raping a young boy in the shower and there's a dead body in there too now...then hung up the phone. That dead body either would have been me or Sandusky. Matters not. That kid needed to know that someone would fight the evil, all of the boys needed to know that. And no one ever showed them that.

This is incredible. How can anyone in this be defended?! Hell, even the DA that chose not to charge him then disappeared (hopefully offing himself in the most painful way imaginable) should be held culpable in this. Let's get this clear, once and for all. Even it there were NO other incidents THERE IS NO FOCKING EXCUSE FOR NOT CALLING THE POLICE TO REPORT IT. IT IS SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH TO CALL YOUR BOSS AND SAY "SANDUSKY WAS HORSING AROUND IN THE SHOWER WITH A YOUNG BOY". I would have called the police and said I saw Sandusky raping a young boy in the shower and there's a dead body in there too now...then hung up the phone. That dead body either would have been me or Sandusky. Matters not. That kid needed to know that someone would fight the evil, all of the boys needed to know that. And no one ever showed them that.

I wasnt defending it. I was just pointing out that he probably didnt know as much as we all think he did about all of it.

Watching the Dan Patrick show, and he read the timeline of events with Sandusky, and I got sick to my stomach and choked up. This went on for a decade. Reports and witnesses of Sandusky at the school in the showers year after year. REPORTS. How are there reports and this kept going on???

Sandusky should get the death penalty.

I just had my first kid, a boy, and I have a whole new perspective on all this stuff. Its unbelievable this continued at Penn St. for all these years. I'm outraged. I want everyone involved put in jail.

I wasnt defending it. I was just pointing out that he probably didnt know as much as we all think he did about all of it.

He knew he had a coach molesting children and it didn't stop for years. Paterno will be demonized for this and should be. That institution acted like its own country with this.

That's the hardest part of this for years. It just kept happening and people knew about it. Reports were filed. Sickening.

C'mon man. It's already been established in the Grand Jury testimony that the assistant told him. Even if the assistant made the horrible mistake of downplaying it, just being told "Sandusky naked in shower fondling 10'ish boy" is MORE than enough. That's a drop everything and call the police kind of thing. JoePa has only one defense, senility, and even that doesn't fly. Guy has kids and grandkids, someone has to take responsibility for protecting the children, not the program. That's what all this was about, protecting Penn State.