Sign in to follow this  
FuriousHead

Killed by Overnight Stat Corrections... Thanks Yahoo

Went to be last night, jubilant that Steven Jackson's 18.3 point performance catapulted me into an improbable victory over my opponent, by a scant 0.5 points. I wake up this morning, and I ended up losing by 0.4 points. What a great way to kill a happy buzz!

Went to be last night, jubilant that Steven Jackson's 18.3 point performance catapulted me into an improbable victory over my opponent, by a scant 0.5 points. I wake up this morning, and I ended up losing by 0.4 points. What a great way to kill a happy buzz!

brutal!

Not yahoos fault

quitcherbitchin...you weren't killed. in fact, it was your opponent who was wronged by improper and imprecise accounting. you didn't deserve to win anyway...

You mind sharing what the correction was? :unsure:

quitcherbitchin...you weren't killed. in fact, it was your opponent who was wronged by improper and imprecise accounting. you didn't deserve to win anyway...

:doublethumbsup: +1

You mind sharing what the correction was? :unsure:

I would guess Victor Cruz getting a 9-yard reception that should have gone to Nicks...

Decimal leagues..... what a focking lame idea. Why stop there? Lets store each players score as a double-floating point value and then tack some powers of 10 on it. That'll be tight.

Final score:

Team A - 123.4566789 to the 6th power

Team B - 123.4566784 to the 8th power

Great. :lol:

Yahoo stat corrections don't get posted aren't official until Thursday.

FTFY

Yahoo stat corrections don't get posted until Thursday.

Normally true, but this correction came BEFORE the final stats were released for week 14...

Decimal leagues..... what a focking lame idea. Why stop there? Lets store each players score as a double-floating point value and then tack some powers of 10 on it. That'll be tight.

Final score:

Decimal point leagues are more accurate.

I think you've also said that 10 yards per point leagues were lame as well. Why should someone who got 79 rushing yards and 79 receiving yards score the same amount of points as someone that got 60 rushing yards and 60 receiving yards, despite amassing 38 more total yards?

Final score:

Call me crazy but I like getting 1.9 points for 19 yards instead of 1.

Call me crazy I hate ties

Call me crazy or smarter than you, but decimal points don't confuse or scare me

Decimal leagues..... what a focking lame idea.

And the two of you, being consenting adults, are absolutely free to do whatever you want.

It was indeed my opponent getting 9 yards for Nicks. Looks like all the sites had that wrong. It was just such a roller coaster. Down by 17.8 pts going in. Watching SJax get denied the first time for a TD, watching the Rams try 6 times to punch it in from the 1 yd line until they get it it, and finally actually cheering when Marshawn Lynch scored the TD late in the 4th to give the Rams the ball, and Jackson the 11 yards I thought I needed for the win...

Thank God for fantasy football. How else could that game ever be considered watchable!

I think you've also said that 10 yards per point leagues were lame as well. Why should someone who got 79 rushing yards and 79 receiving yards score the same amount of points as someone that got 60 rushing yards and 60 receiving yards, despite amassing 38 more total yards?

waka waka. I think your math is a bit off but I got where you were going.

shoot, that's nothing.. Stat corrections in espn had me lose by .1 points this last week.. 217 to 217.1 .. Up by 9 going in and down to me having Bradshaw going against his Dez Bryant Sunday night.. Bradshaw out first half and Dez's one TD catch was no bueno.. cost me first place and the potential game against the 4th place team who's team is hurting this week.. Now i play the 3rd place team who leads the league in points and is stacked.. gotta love FF.. i still love decimal point scoring.. but it is what it is, he won..

Final score:

:wacko:

:rolleyes:

Well, point per 10 yard leagues are easier to swallow. They kill the value of TDs though since now any shmuck that gains a measley 60 yards just "scored a TD". Not my thing but I can see why people do it. Decimal though? When does it stop? Its never enough - the scoring can only get so granular until it becomes obnoxious. Which it has.

Instead of decimal, just go to a point per yard, a point per carry, and a point per catch. That ensures nothing gets left out there. I dunno.

Well, point per 10 yard leagues are easier to swallow. They kill the value of TDs though since now any shmuck that gains a measley 60 yards just "scored a TD". Not my thing but I can see why people do it. Decimal though? When does it stop? Its never enough - the scoring can only get so granular until it becomes obnoxious. Which it has.

Instead of decimal, just go to a point per yard, a point per carry, and a point per catch. That ensures nothing gets left out there. I dunno.

.1 point per yard is what my league is. it's no different than a point per yard except yardage scoring is lower by 10x

decimal points help prevent ties. we used to get 2-4 ties a year with 10 yards per point scoring. with decimal scoring, we've never had a tie since

decimal points help prevent ties. we used to get 2-4 ties a year with 10 yards per point scoring. with decimal scoring, we've never had a tie since

it also allows for less arbitrary scoring. like a poster mentioned, why should a player with 69 yards score 14% less than a player that gets 70 yards when there is only a 1% drop in production?

it's really not difficult. the whole concept of "where does it stop" doesn't really matter because the decimal points after the hundreth become meaningless as the odds of a score being tied past that point are prohibitive

You have been bitching about this all year. What is your leagues scoring? Who are the top players at each position?

Back to topic, I am truly sorry for your loss. At least you got a beautiful night of sleep and had the false sense of satisfaction. Some people do not know what it feels like to win even if it just a few hours. Those people should hold hands and jump off a bridge.