Sign in to follow this  
Little Rusty

Tony Romo

You're simply clueless when it comes to Romo, and most likely are just hating on him because he either beat your Fantasy or Pro team at least once.

So what in Tony Romo's past, present or future would suggest to you that he will win a Super Bowl?

So what in Tony Romo's past, present or future would suggest to you that he will win a Super Bowl?

The guy's an absolute playmaker,....yeah he messes up from time to time, name a QB who doesn't. I will admit he's got a few HUGE mistakes at crucial times, but he's the best Cowboys QB since Staubach imo,....YES, better than Aikman.

Now let me ask you this,.......Do you watch Football ? :lol:

I really don't get this. If QBs like Dilfer can win one or like Grossman can get to one, what makes you think Romo can't win a super bowl??

People act like Romo can't even complete 10 passes come playoff time...o.0

and not with 13 pro bowlers. :thumbsup:

So do you believe that the pro bowl is a true selection of talent instead of a popularity contest??

Why do you think players like Roy Williams and Newman almost went every year? Roy sucked and Newman is still a bit overrated. Dallas fans would tell you that about half of that number deserve to go.

Romo has all the talent to win the SB, unfortunately he just needs other pieces to help him out. A decent run game and a decent defense.

I will say this, Romo has about 3-4 bad games in regular season, and he's had 2 already, so I'm waiting for one coming up. He's played like 7 very good games in a row and if he has a bad one in him still, it better be this week so he can turn it around the following week like he always does. It's crunch time though, so no excuses.

The guy's an absolute playmaker,....yeah he messes up from time to time, name a QB who doesn't. I will admit he's got a few HUGE mistakes at crucial times, but he's the best Cowboys QB since Staubach imo,....YES, better than Aikman.

Now let me ask you this,.......Do you watch Football ? :lol:

and this makes you think he will win a Super Bowl? :dunno: :lol:

I really don't get this. If QBs like Dilfer can win one or like Grossman can get to one, what makes you think Romo can't win a super bowl??

People act like Romo can't even complete 10 passes come playoff time...o.0

I don't see him being on a great team before he retires and like Dilfer that is what he needs. His window has closed in Dallas. HTH

The problem I have is that Romo should not be compared with QBs like Manning, Brady or Brees. His peer group include Cutler and Rivers. I don't get this.

and this makes you think he will win a Super Bowl? :dunno: :lol:

Well,...sorry i didn't answer your question in detail.

Yes i believe Tony Romo is FULLY capable of winning a Super Bowl, but at this point sadly i don't believe the Cowboys are. I do feel they're getting closer to the top but need to overhaul the Defense minus a few bright spots. Also next year the O Line should be better than are are now. This is also Jason Garrett's 1st year as a Head Coach,....give him time.

Well,...sorry i didn't answer your question in detail.

Yes i believe Tony Romo is FULLY capable of winning a Super Bowl, but at this point sadly i don't believe the Cowboys are. I do feel they're getting closer to the top but need to overhaul the Defense minus a few bright spots. Also next year the O Line should be better than are are now. This is also Jason Garrett's 1st year as a Head Coach,....give him time.

Like I said, Romo's window is closed. Look at their 1st round picks since The Tuna left.

Like I said, Romo's window is closed. Look at their 1st round picks since The Tuna left.

errr...that would be a good idea. parcells wasn't a terribly good drafter. first picks:

parcells: newman, julius jones (2nd round), ware, carpenter.

since: spencer, felix, williams (3rd round), bryant, smith.

Parcells was disappointing when it came to his drafts. I was surprised by some of the huge let downs. I was never a Barbie Carpenter fan, ugh...

I think Romo is fully capable as well. Hell if the defense can catch fire like it did in 2009 late in the season, I'd say Dallas could be the 3rd best team in the NFC playoffs. I like how they match up against everyone other than the Saints and Packers.

And even then in 09 when they had to go against the 13-0 Saints, they went in their dome and beat them! And the defense still almost blew a 24-3 lead. But if that can happen anything can happen. Dallas already has the offense.

Just takes some great play by the defense. Unfortunately, I don't think I can see that happening for the Cowboys unless they start dialing up some better blitzes to get more pressure and the secondary stops blowing coverages. However, Carter is going to get some playing time, so maybe he can be another piece to this puzzle.

No not at all,...they're getting younger and better. Romo has still got plenty of good years left.

Parcells was disappointing when it came to his drafts. I was surprised by some of the huge let downs. I was never a Barbie Carpenter fan, ugh...

Yeah he totally sucked,....other than the game he had AGAINST the Cowboys this year. :wall:

* IMO he's a very good example of how snake bitten / cursed the Team has been the last few years.

errr...that would be a good idea. parcells wasn't a terribly good drafter. first picks:

parcells: newman, julius jones (2nd round), ware, carpenter.

since: spencer, felix, williams (3rd round), bryant, smith.

spencer - check

felix - bust

roy williams - not on team

bryant - a disappointment

smith - ?

not much of a foundation

spencer - check

felix - bust

roy williams - not on team

bryant - a disappointment

smith - ?

not much of a foundation

jason williams, not roy, but he isn't on the team either. bryan't status as a disappointment is largely due to the insane level of expectation--51/796/9 for 14 games into his injury-limited second season is pretty impressive, especially considering a major injury his rookie season, the lockout, and romo's injury. not bad for a sophomore slump. and smith is, at 21 years old, already the best lineman on the team. my point was that despite rose-colored glasses about the tuna years, he only really nailed one first-rounder.

as for foundation, romo has 4-5 years left before his physical ability starts to decline. during this span, he'll have ware, ratliff, lee, witten, austin or bryant or both, and murray, along with a young and cohesive offensive line. that's a pretty good core of personnel--the only thing missing is a strong cover corner, which i expect to see drafted this offseason.

LMAO, really?? Really??

Peyton Manning is 9-10 in the playoffs. Some of that is with a solid D when Bob Sanders and Dwight Freeney were healthy and playing well. But some of those losses are because of some bad defenses and obviously with that record you can see he CAN'T win it on his own without a decent defense.

And Romo has cost the Cowboys 1 maybe 2 games this year. But he's consistently having to lead his team in the 4th since '09. And a lot more times than no he'll win the game in the 4th. All you have to do his take your head out of your arse and look at his record. Their 4 game win streak was basically because Romo kept it together in the 4th quarter and led them to a game winning play. Enough said.

And Eli can win without a good defense? How long have you been watching football bro? Is this your 1st year??? He's playing great this season but with his super bowl win, a big part of that run was because of the amazing defense. Up until this year he couldn't win without a good defense. Let's see how he can play the rest of the year without one.

All it takes is one stop by Dallas's defense last week and the Cowboys win and ppl stop talking about Eli.

Educate yourself man. All 3 QB's have bad defenses. Peyton is still obviously the best, but all 3 of these QBs records are similar (win %). You put any 3 of these QBs on the Jets or Ravens and you have a super bowl contender/winner.

I'm not talking fantasy, Romo is a solid QB who needs to prove himself come playoff time. Dude's having his 2nd best season, you're not a lousy QB and go for 20TDs and 3 turnovers in your last 7 games.

Wake the F up and educate yourself kid, you look like a fool calling Romo a lousy QB. :lol:

You want to rethink these Romo is great and Eli can't win without his defense handing him the game. As you said "Wake the F up and educate yourself kid, you look like a fool"

The problem I have is that Romo should not be compared with QBs like Manning ManningS, Brady or Brees. His peer group include Cutler and Rivers Sanchez and Kolb. I don't get this.

Fixed

Big whoop Tony had a bad game, out of those 5 INT's only 1 was really his fault. True he did overthrow a couple passes and it wasn't his best game, as a matter of fact it was top 5 worst games.

We all know that elite QB's don't have bad games now don't we? :doh:

Romo haters.....let me ask you this.......do you watch football? :P

Not a Romo hater........I'm a Romo realist. He is not "truly special" like this original thread said and he is not elite. He is a qb that can make all the throws but lacks the leadership and decision making to be elite. In other words ------- he has no IT factor.

Big whoop Tony had a bad game, out of those 5 INT's only 1 was really his fault. True he did overthrow a couple passes and it wasn't his best game, as a matter of fact it was top 5 worst games.

We all know that elite QB's don't have bad games now don't we? :doh:

Romo haters.....let me ask you this.......do you watch football? :P

You mean a stretch of bad games.

2 TD, 7 INT in last 3 games. QBR during these 3 games were...38,43,14. :unsure:

Has this guy ever won a BIG game? It's been 8 years and counting...

I'm not a Romo hater - I just find his incompetence amusing. Cowboy fans used to act like he was the Second Coming and now all they can do is defend his poor play. It's funny. :lol:

3 of Romo's last 4 years have been pretty to really damn good. This year he is sucking. Part of it is his horrible ass offensive line. Part of it is he's just flat out playing bad. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tony Romo lead teams have never won anything going all the way back to his HS career. That is all.

Neither did Dan Marino led teams.

Did you have a point?

Isn't it obvious. The Cowboys will not win a SB with Romo at QB.

Isn't it obvious. The Cowboys will not win a SB with Romo at QB.

Romo is as good if not better than some qbs around him who have won SB's. What would be more accurate to say is that Romo will not win a SB as long as he is a Dallas Cowboys and Clowny Jones is his GM.

You want to rethink these Romo is great and Eli can't win without his defense handing him the game. As you said "Wake the F up and educate yourself kid, you look like a fool"

You still need to wake yourself up and educate yourself lol.

You called Romo lousy, now you're saying he's just not truly special but can make all the throws. Please, shut up.

I posted in December. How was Eli doing with that defense? Average. He had some nice comebacks, but dang at least that defense can hold on to help get Eli that win. Same thing happened in the playoffs. Did Eli have to blow everyone out in a high scoring game? No, the defense stepped up.

Let's not pay attention to the fact that everyone said the run in the playoffs was just like that of 2007. I never called Eli lousy, I like Eli. He had a great comeback drive in the Super Bowl. But I still feel without the help of the defense getting some big stops here and there, he'll have a lot more trouble winning it.

Romo? Defense couldn't hold last year to save his life. This year? They look improved. Romo played amazing and beat Eli and Giants in the 1st game. 2nd week? Dominated in all aspects. 3rd? Ugly win. 4th game? Romo's WRs except Austin have sucked all year. 1st 2 were not his fault, 3rd TO was his fault and was such a huge mistake. For the 4th and 5th turnover, he's just desperately trying to make something out of nothing. I'm truly happy you bookmarked this page and waited patiently for his next bad game. Thanks for wasting everyones time.

He's still a good QB, fool. So no, there should be no crow for me.

Exactly, being great kind of goes along with being elite and Romo is neither. He's good and has all the tangibles to excel but makes many stupid decision. He's isn't truly special just like you said, but he does make plays every one and awhile that are pretty memorable if you're a Cowboys fan and can be considered "special." Most of that is due to the fact he throws his best when he scrambling, moving around, and improvising.

To be honest, I think I've only walked away from 5-6 games where I've said, "I focking hate Tony Romo, he screwed that up." It's not that much, but it's still too much when comparing him to the top 5 and even a few in the top 10.

And to the other guy about Rodgers, I think he meant when Rodgers blew his first playoff game, there was immediate reaction talking about him choking or he cannot win the game. That was very ridiculous because it was a high scoring game and it just happened to be one bad play in O.T.

Of course he came back and shut everyone up the following year.

And in this thread, I posted Romo was good, not great or elite. There's proof. So your bump was stupid.

I mean, God! I expected to go back and read my posts about how amazing Romo is and how much better he is than Eli. I expected to read me write that Eli sucks, but nope. No luck for you! Just spoke the truth.

Wow, somebody just can't let things go.

Wow, somebody just can't let things go.

Lol, someone must have hit a nerve.

And do people even watch the Cowboys or just look at stats? The dude's offensive line is one of the worst this year. He's already had a ton of plays where he does something amazing, making something out of nothing. If we don't have a mobile QB, Dallas is 0-4 and looking completely horrible.

Romo hasn't won big games? What constitutes a big game?

Playoff game? If so, then yes he's won a big game.

Division game where the division is on the line? He's won that too, so yes.

He just doesn't do it consistently enough, but since when have the Cowboys been consistent as a whole team? Exactly.

Don't look now, but Tony Romo has 3 straight December wins under his belt. During that stretch he has 6 td's, 1 pick, and a 112 passer rating. What's remarkable is that he's doing this with one of the worst offensive lines in football.

Don't look now, but Tony Romo has 3 straight December wins under his belt. During that stretch he has 6 td's, 1 pick, and a 112 passer rating. What's remarkable is that he's doing this with one of the worst offensive lines in football.

I've been told "He's no Eli Manning" ;)