Sign in to follow this  
Little Rusty

Tony Romo

This Guy's truly Special !!!....it's only because of his team mates, Coaching & circumstance (so far) that he's not already in the HOF. :thumbsup:

As a long time Cowboy Fan,...Tony is for me 2nd to only the immortal Roger Staubach,..and only because he has yet to win a Championship.

Yeah he sure comes through in the big games that's for sure. You never see him sticking his head up his own ass.

:shocking:

:lol:

Yeah yeah i hear ya !,....he's already had more than his fair share of bad clutch moments. When it's all said and done, you'll see the light.

Awesome the intellect he displays in protecting a huge lead by not turning the ball over ... Oops - never mind

Awesome the intellect he displays in protecting a huge lead by not turning the ball over ... Oops - never mind

having a tough year huh ? :(

there are support groups for times like this ;)

having a tough year huh ? :(

there are support groups for times like this ;)

Maybe you could find one of those support groups for delusional Cowboy fans who think Romo is more than a barely average NFL QB. He does OK beating up on weak defenses and looks like a deer in the headlights against good defenses

Maybe you could find one of those support groups for delusional Cowboy fans who think Romo is more than a barely average NFL QB. He does OK beating up on weak defenses and looks like a deer in the headlights against good defenses

Stats please ? :dunno:

Stats please ? :dunno:

You are obviously a Fantasy Geek because your first reply is "STATS?" One game that comes to mind is Detroit when he threw 3 or 4 picks. Good qbs don't throw pick 6s all the time which is one of his specialties. He is not even close to being an elite qb

You are obviously a Fantasy Geek because your first reply is "STATS?" One game that comes to mind is Detroit when he threw 3 or 4 picks. Good qbs don't throw pick 6s all the time which is one of his specialties. He is not even close to being an elite qb

Peyton Manning 2010

Three straight losses at the end of the year.

3 picks

4 picks

4 picks

Brady over Manning, Pats beat Colts 31-28 Sunday, Nov 21, 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AreWYyrCOQ.nmHsncJa.q6H.uLYF?gid=20101121017

Turnovers help Chargers turn back Colts 36-14 Monday, Nov 29, 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=An4eUUzOTlve9_zZoQgvxh_.uLYF?gid=20101128011

Cowboys pick off Manning, get 38-35 OT win in Indy Sunday, Dec 5, 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AsdtyFU9OqHBuadWjWLGN87.uLYF?gid=20101205011

Just like almost every other QB usually does. Really though, most of a QB stats come against crap teams. Its just the way it is. Brady, Rivers, Brees do the same thing.

Just going on his passing and Td numbers vs better teams.

Week 1 @ Jets defense 342 yards 2 Td's.

Week 2 @ SF 352 Yards 2 Td's.

Week 3 vs Det 331 yards 3 Td's. Det is better this year but they do give up a lot. Shaky example here. Still had a nice game.

Week 6 @ NE 317 Yards 1 Td.

Week 9 vs a good Seattle defense 279 yards 2 Td's.

Week 14 vs Giants 321 yards 4 Td's.

In week 12 against a Miami team who was playing much better at that time...Romo had 226 yards 2 Td's.

29 passing Td's overall with just about 4000 yards passing so far.

LMAO, you're a Fing moron if you think Romo is only an average QB. A Qb in the the top 6-10 best QBs in the NFL is not an "average" QB. He's very good and can play great at times. He'll never get that elite notion unless he wins some big playoff games.

There's basically only 2 QBs that can win on their own without a good defense and that's Rodgers and Brees. Romo needs some help from the defense and he'll easily be competing for a shot at the NFCC game for the next 3-4 years to come. He'd also get his shot to get to the Super Bowl if they had a good defense.

LMAO, you're a Fing moron if you think Romo is only an average QB. A Qb in the the top 6-10 best QBs in the NFL is not an "average" QB. He's very good and can play great at times. He'll never get that elite notion unless he wins some big playoff games.

There's basically only 2 QBs that can win on their own without a good defense and that's Rodgers and Brees. Romo needs some help from the defense and he'll easily be competing for a shot at the NFCC game for the next 3-4 years to come. He'd also get his shot to get to the Super Bowl if they had a good defense.

You are right...But there is another qb who can win regardless...Peyton Manning. Look at the Colts without him. lol

this thread is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with Cowboys fans and exactly while the great Bill Parcells said people shouldn't anoint Romo just yet because he hasn't done anything. Now, what...five years later...he still hasn't done anything. I mean damn, right now there are only TEN QB's on pace to throw for 4000+ yrds.

FOR CHRISSAKE, HE'S PLAYING A TEAM THAT HAS LOST EIGHT FREAKING GAMES IN A ROW...HE'S HAVING A GOOD GAME BUT IS ONLY DOING WHAT A DECENT QB SHOULD SO AGAINST A TEAM THAT QUIT 4 WEEKS AGO.

Jacksonville put up 41 straight points against this same team...Please, do us all a favor and shutup until Romo leads them to the NFC Championship game or something. The guy is 31 freakin years old and hasn't done SH!T yet.

this thread is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with Cowboys fans and exactly while the great Bill Parcells said people shouldn't anoint Romo just yet because he hasn't done anything. Now, what...five years later...he still hasn't done anything. I mean damn, right now there are only TEN QB's on pace to throw for 4000+ yrds.

FOR CHRISSAKE, HE'S PLAYING A TEAM THAT HAS LOST EIGHT FREAKING GAMES IN A ROW...HE'S HAVING A GOOD GAME BUT IS ONLY DOING WHAT A DECENT QB SHOULD SO AGAINST A TEAM THAT QUIT 4 WEEKS AGO.

Jacksonville put up 41 straight points against this same team...Please, do us all a favor and shutup until Romo leads them to the NFC Championship game or something. The guy is 31 freakin years old and hasn't done SH!T yet.

You're biased. You live in Texas, hate the Cowboys and cheer for the Steelers. Tony Romo has the 2nd highest QB rating in NFL History.

You are saying he is a good fantasy qb - I am saying he is a lousy NFL qb. He doesn't have the "it" factor. When the pressure is on he makes fatal mistakes. He's done it over and over again. His stats may be good but with the game on the line I would take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Eli, Peyton, Rivers, Big Ben, Ryan, Tebow and maybe if not now but soon Dalton and Newton over Romo the choke artist. Look at the # of 4th quarter leagues they have blown this year alone. A good qb finds a way to move chains and perserve the lead. Even his own coach has hesitated to let him throw it in critical situations. May want to hesitate on calling someone a moron until Homo wins a game that matters. He's been money in the playoffs against good teams (on the rare occasion they back into the playoffs).

By the way, add Eli and Peyton to the list of qbs that can win without good defenses.

this thread is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with Cowboys fans and exactly while the great Bill Parcells said people shouldn't anoint Romo just yet because he hasn't done anything.

The NFL made the Cheatriots stop cheating in '07. What has Brady won since then?

You're biased. You live in Texas, hate the Cowboys and cheer for the Steelers. Tony Romo has the 2nd highest QB rating in NFL History.

All true, but he still hasn't done SH!T. Ask yourself Gepetto, as a Cowboys fan, would you rather have Romo play like Aikman and win championships or have Romo play like Romo and continue to be irrelevant going on 16 yrs?

The NFL made the Cheatriots stop cheating in '07. What has Brady won since then?

I'm not a Pats fan, so this doesn't sting quite like you thought it might...I can't stand the Pats...so your point is?

I'm not a Pats fan, so this doesn't sting quite like you thought it might...I can't stand the Pats...so your point is?

Didn't mean for it to "sting", Rapistburger fan. People here are bringing up Brady as superior to Romo, so I figured it should be pointed out that Brady hasn't won spit since they had to stop cheating.

All true, but he still hasn't done SH!T. Ask yourself Gepetto, as a Cowboys fan, would you rather have Romo play like Aikman and win championships or have Romo play like Romo and continue to be irrelevant going on 16 yrs?

Aikman > Brees > Brady > Peyton > Eli > Rodgers > Rapistburger > all other current NFL QBs.

Ya know, cuz he has 3 rings. :rolleyes:

You are obviously wrong,...i just wanted you to do the work yourself so you'd realize how wrong you were. ;)

* Also, i've been a die hard fan since the mid 60's :lol:

This Guy's truly Special !!!....it's only because of his team mates, Coaching & circumstance (so far) that he's not already in the HOF. :thumbsup:

As a long time Cowboy Fan,...Tony is for me 2nd to only the immortal Roger Staubach,..and only because he has yet to win a Championship.

:lol:

You are saying he is a good fantasy qb - I am saying he is a lousy NFL qb. He doesn't have the "it" factor. When the pressure is on he makes fatal mistakes. He's done it over and over again. His stats may be good but with the game on the line I would take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Eli, Peyton, Rivers, Big Ben, Ryan, Tebow and maybe if not now but soon Dalton and Newton over Romo the choke artist. Look at the # of 4th quarter leagues they have blown this year alone.

Tony Romo had the highest 4th Quarter QB rating in NFL history. As in, best in the history of the NFL.

HTH

Didn't mean for it to "sting", Rapistburger fan. People here are bringing up Brady as superior to Romo, so I figured it should be pointed out that Brady hasn't won spit since they had to stop cheating.

Which is a lot more recently than Romo or any other Cowboy has won anything at all. However, I agree completely, Brady hasn't won since Belicheat got caught with hand in the cookie jar. Doesn't change the fact that Romo is a great stats guy, not so much for the skins on the wall though.

Which is a lot more recently than Romo or any other Cowboy has won anything at all.

Does it matter how long ago it was? If you give any QB tape of the opponents practices leading up to your game against them they have a good chance of winning. That's why I put a huge * next to the NE trophies, and like to point out Brady hasn't won squat since he hasn't been getting those tapes.

Aikman. But, I'm going to wait and see how Romo's entire career pans out first before assuming the Cowboys are never going to win a Super Bowl with Romo.

I'm a big Aikman fan, but if you put Romo on the same team Aikman had he would have most likely won 3 Super Bowls as well.

Romo is not the QB i would want in clutch situations.

He is a fine fantasy QB but the evidence is overwhelming in terms of late season success.

i thought it was really telling in the pre game last night when they did a teaser for Michael Irvins sit down with Romo and Irvin said something tot he effect of "join me as i sit down with the QB of America's team" and Romo said "I guess thats me."

this might seem minor but to me it shows lack of killer instinct. You guess thats you? Hell no you say " THATS ME" emphatically and with purpose. Act like you relish that title, not that its something you're stuck with.