Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

RG3 to Skins @2

Let the rumors swirl!!

According to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network,  the Washington Redskins are expected to make a move for the number two overall pick in this year’s draft,  which is currently held by the St. Louis Rams.

The Redskins would then be able to select either Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III.  Of course it will depend on who the Colts take with the first pick.  Right now it looks like the Redskins would likely land Griffin III.

Also don’t forget,  the Rams don’t need the second overall pick since they already have their franchise quarterback in Sam Bradford.  In return for the second pick,  the Rams would be able to get an arsenal of picks, which would enable new head coach Jeff Fisher to build the kind of roster he needs in St. Louis.

As a Browns fan, I would love to grab RG3. I don't think he is worth the arsenal of picks though to trade up for him. If he is there at 4, hell yeah, take him. If you can trade pick #4, your early 2nd rder, and another 3rd rounder next year, hell yeah, do that too. But if you want the Browns other 1st round pick, then forget it. Let someone else mortgage their future, like the Skins. The problem with the Browns is that they can't lure any free agents there, money or not, so you have to build through the draft making their draft picks more valuable to them. The Skins have no problem over paying for players, and those players in turn are willing to play in Washington, letting them build through other ways other than the draft. So, if Washington wants to sell the farm for RG3 go ahead. But, if St.Louis really wants Kalil or Blackmon, they could have one of them and get an extra pick or two from Cleveland. We shall see, it should be fun.

As a Browns fan, I would love to grab RG3. I don't think he is worth the arsenal of picks though to trade up for him. If he is there at 4, hell yeah, take him. If you can trade pick #4, your early 2nd rder, and another 3rd rounder next year, hell yeah, do that too. But if you want the Browns other 1st round pick, then forget it. Let someone else mortgage their future, like the Skins. The problem with the Browns is that they can't lure any free agents there, money or not, so you have to build through the draft making their draft picks more valuable to them. The Skins have no problem over paying for players, and those players in turn are willing to play in Washington, letting them build through other ways other than the draft. So, if Washington wants to sell the farm for RG3 go ahead. But, if St.Louis really wants Kalil or Blackmon, they could have one of them and get an extra pick or two from Cleveland. We shall see, it should be fun.

as well.. not a browns fan..LOl

I see it very different: you need a game breaker on offence and RG3 may very likley be that..you have a young and devoloping def but cant put points on the board.. I say give up the two firsts to move up the two spots and take him!

Wait...

You'd be willing to give up the #36 and #68 (?) picks - along with the #4 pick - to trade up for RG III, but you wouldn't be willing to trade the #23 pick - along with the #4 pick- to get him?

As a Rams fan, I believe this draft is setting up perfect for St. Louis. I definitely see the Colts taking Luck with the first pick, which makes the second pick all the more valuable to teams desperately needing a QB. I believe it will take AT LEAST Cleveland's 2 first rounders to compete with the Redskins, who I think will throw everything at the number 2 overall.

Still way to early though.....

Wait...

You'd be willing to give up the #36 and #68 (?) picks - along with the #4 pick - to trade up for RG III, but you wouldn't be willing to trade the #23 pick - along with the #4 pick- to get him?

Didnt you know second round picks are worthless?

Wait...

Read the post again.. Sometimes things make more sense when you actually read the posts.

As a Cleveland fan, I would hate to see them trade up for RGIII. I would much rather see the Browns throw cash at Flynn and grab Blackmon with the 4th overall if he is still there.

Read the post again.. Sometimes things make more sense when you actually read the posts.

As a Cleveland fan, I would hate to see them trade up for RGIII. I would much rather see the Browns throw cash at Flynn and grab Blackmon with the 4th overall if he is still there.

What makes you think Flynn will come to the browns?

no offence but they are not exactually a stable place play.. they do sort-of have a history of being terrible.. also no recievers or running game..

Just saying dont put too many eggs in that basket, Flynns a UFA so he can pretty much pick where he goes..

Vikings fans should be excited for this as this would mean the OT from USC would fall to them at #3.

What makes you think Flynn will come to the browns?

no offence but they are not exactually a stable place play.. they do sort-of have a history of being terrible.. also no recievers or running game..

Just saying dont put too many eggs in that basket, Flynns a UFA so he can pretty much pick where he goes..

I completely understand that Flynn coming to Cleveland is unlikely. But as you said, there are no receivers to talk about. That's why I would rather see the Browns target Blackmon, and then go after a FA or target a QB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Also, Holmgren an Shurmur are known for developing QBs. So if Flynn thought he could get something out of them to take his game to the next level he might consider Cleveland. Moreso, Cleveland has plenty of cap room to overpay what they think might be their franchise QB. So all that, plus a pass happy west coast offense here in Cleveland could open up te possibility of signing Flynn.

wait...the Browns have fans?! :dunno:

I feel bad for Colt McCoy, but hey, from the Browns perspective I understand given McCoy's regression in 2011. IMO they could really use some legit receiving threats like Blackmon. It's pretty disgusting they've been slotting in Mohamed Massaquoi as their top receiver for two years now.

He made it sound like the #23 overall selection was off limits, but he's willing to trade other stuff.

He made it sound like the #23 overall selection was off limits, but he's willing to trade other stuff.

First of all, it's pick #22 they have. Second, I was implying that yes if I were GM, I would trade this years 2nd and next years 3rd to move up 2 spots, but that would be the limit. To give up a first is just too much imo. I think RG3 is a great talent, but is not without risk, especially playing in a west coast offense. His skill set doesn't exactly fit that, albeit Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb have done well at it. Plus if you are trading high picks to get him, you are losing out on young weapons that you can surround him with.

Now, if we are talking about Andrew Luck I would be willing to give up both first this year and a 1st next year.

who's RG3 ?

The next Akili Smith

The next Akili Smith

Akili Smith had to have been better than Rex and Beck.

The next Akili Smith

RG3 has got Akili Smith written all over him. Passing/rushing QB that comes out of nowhere to impress NFL scouts enough that he's taken early in the draft then proceeds to crash and burn and is now widely viewed as one of the worst draft picks ever.