Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Favorite spice or hot sauce

I love me some Franks Red Hot although I have a new found love for Sriracha sauce ... Now I put THAT chit on everything. Still use red hot on my homemade wings though.

I love me some Franks Red Hot although I have a new found love for Sriracha sauce ... Now I put THAT chit on everything. Still use red hot on my homemade wings though.

Sriacha is great. My link

As far as Spices go, I prefer Posh, pre-anorexia.

Place about 3 hours South of me has a line of sauces and a restaurant called Black Market BBQ.They have a sauce called Afterburn that's my favorite.Just got back last weekend from from getting 2 cases.

Link above is their FB page.

Franks, Sriachi is good, but the exhaust fire that inevitably has to be put out isn't worth it....

Maybe it's a southern thing, but Tabasco was always on the table everywhere I went as a kid - still my favorite today. Also like Louisiana Hot Sauce for a milder flavor too.

Maybe it's a southern thing, but Tabasco was always on the table everywhere I went as a kid - still my favorite today. Also like Louisiana Hot Sauce for a milder flavor too.

Saw an ad for buffalo style tabasco...they must be coming after frank... want to give it a try...

It's a lot milder, but I like the Chipolte flavored Tabasco.

It's a lot milder, but I like the Chipolte flavored Tabasco.

green tabasco is my fav of their lineup... never had the chipolte.

green tabasco is my fav of their lineup... never had the chipolte.

Smokey flavor and not hot - is a tie between that and the green Tabasco as far as Tabasco brand is concerned.

Anything white and creamy

Frank doesn't post much anymore.............could be he is too busy spraying his "hot sauce" amongst some of the posters here. Seems popular.

Good for you, Frank. :unsure:

Saw an ad for buffalo style tabasco...they must be coming after frank...

I knew it. Everyone says I'm crazy. Tabasco's out to get me.

Frank doesn't post much anymore.............could be he is too busy spraying his "hot sauce" amongst some of the posters here. Seems popular.

Good for you, Frank. :unsure:

Um, ladies only please.

So does your wife/girlfriend/etc. :banana:

Face asss or tramp stamp ?

I've tried "Franks", "Louisiana Hot Sauce", and Tabasco. I will use them if Cholula is not available.

IMO, Cholula is by far better than the other three I mentioned.

For those that mentioned Siracha....describe it....is it "Cholula-like" or....??? Thicker? Hotter? What's the deal. Sounds like I may need to give it a try.

Face asss or tramp stamp ?

Hey! What are you implying? I was talking about like on hot wings and stuff. :dunno:

Favorite spice is curry. I'm not too big on hot sauces and usually go with whatever's available. I like Crystal hot sauce on eggs.

I've tried "Franks", "Louisiana Hot Sauce", and Tabasco. I will use them if Cholula is not available.

IMO, Cholula is by far better than the other three I mentioned.

For those that mentioned Siracha....describe it....is it "Cholula-like" or....??? Thicker? Hotter? What's the deal. Sounds like I may need to give it a try.

its that asian hotsauce.... has some chunkiness to it from the hot pepper seeds and stuff... You can find it in the ethnic section of the supermarket.

they serve it at PF Changs as a dipping sauce thing...

Lately I've been using a sauce combo that I make.

I take the standard Wing hot sauce

Franks Hot Suace

Butter

White pepper

black pepper

cayenne pepper

garlic powder

Chipolte

I add to this

Honey

Maple Syrup

brown sugar

cumin

Apple Juice

BBq Sauce

Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes

Tapatio is the best hot sauce I've ever had including Cholula which is also excellent. It's the only hot sauce I've actually gone out of my way to buy.

I am also a huge fan of the Sriracha sauce. For tasty onions to top a burger or a brat cook 'em up with some sriracha and bourbon.

We're a big fan of hot sauces in my family have a at least 4 or 5 bottles open at once.

Mainstays already mentioned

Cholulo (sp?)

Franks

Tabasco - green and chipolte

and Saricha

Saricha is truly the one that I can put on anything

Funny story - a friend gave me a bottle called Hottest Fvckin Sauce Ever. Kids thought it was funny and me and the wife were drinking and they dared us to try it - and we did - however just dipped the tip of a toothpick and it was INSANE Fire HOT

I can't see how it would be enjoyable to anyone

If you don't have Tapatio ... you don't have .... IMO ... THE hot sauce. Just like in Seattle, every Asian restaurant has Sarachi .... every Mexican joint in the Southwest has Tapatio. It's like Mexican ketchup. And trust me, Mexicans know their peppers and hot sauces. I like Tabasco .... if I want that cajun flavor, but it's way overpriced. I mean, it's like $4 for a small bottle, Tapatio is like $1.50 for a bigger bottle. Totally different flavor, maybe a little more mild than Tabasco ..... but I can do shots of Tobasco. I actually like to take a bottle and just drop a couple drops on my tongue .... not hot to me. Nothing is ever really hot enough for me ... I can't tell the difference between Pace Picante that's mild or hot. All seems mild to me.

But being hot ... really isn't the point. You can spray pepper spray in your mouth if pain is what you are into. Raw (not pickled) Jalapenos or Habaneros, I can buy for 50 cents a pound .... will burn your friggin mouth off if you eat one ....but who wants that?

Yeah .... that's right ... ONE raw Jalapeno is like 10 times hotter that a cooked and pickled one. If you've never tried to eat a raw, fresh Jalapeno ....... don't.

First time I ever made my "Firehouse Chili" ... was like your standard stovepot .... maybe a gallon of chili. I used a full pound of fresh jalapenos .... was like 49 cents ... prolly 30 or so peppers. Diced. Seeds and all. Had to throw it out. Was too hot. Couldn't eat it.

I have seen people, with darker skin than mine, eat a raw jalapeno and not turn red .... but IMO ... WAY too hot. And I like hot. I even like it when it's hot enough to make me cough when I smell it, and sweat when I eat it .... until the next day.