Sign in to follow this  
devildog

Is a 32 team dynasty league a viable proposition?

So we're thinking about starting a 32 team dynasty league after participating in many 16 team leagues (red dog, double coverage, hot route). But wondering if this even something that would have legs as a dynasty. We want all seperate players ie no team Qb, team kicker etc and it would be idp. We would have an initial auction draft as we don't think a serpentine draft would be fair in a league this size. Also the challenge of finding 32 dedicated owners, although we have nearly half that interested thus far. Basically wondering if anyone has done one and did teams who didn't have a startable Qb lose interest quickly as that's one of my main concerns. We are kicking around a 24 team league instead as atleast that way there will be a couple extra qbs floating around. We fear that if you don't have a Qb in the 32 team league it would be impossible to trade for one. Thoughts?

So we're thinking about starting a 32 team dynasty league after participating in many 16 team leagues (red dog, double coverage, hot route). But wondering if this even something that would have legs as a dynasty. We want all seperate players ie no team Qb, team kicker etc and it would be idp. We would have an initial auction draft as we don't think a serpentine draft would be fair in a league this size. Also the challenge of finding 32 dedicated owners, although we have nearly half that interested thus far. Basically wondering if anyone has done one and did teams who didn't have a startable Qb lose interest quickly as that's one of my main concerns. We are kicking around a 24 team league instead as atleast that way there will be a couple extra qbs floating around. We fear that if you don't have a Qb in the 32 team league it would be impossible to trade for one. Thoughts?

I'd suggest going Team QB. That could help each team at least have a qb every week. And you would almost have to use a metric such as weekly average for teams who have QBs on bye weeks to get a QB score for the week.

I'd also suggest maybe making QBs TDs worth 4 and 1 pt. per 25 passing yards. This may weaken the position, but it would be the same for everyone and negate some of the huge disparity between the top and bottom of the position...

So we're thinking about starting a 32 team dynasty league

I appreciate the zeal, but quite frankly I think it's pointless. 32 Owners is just an unmanageable number if you care to have everyone involved, active, and in the same room once, if not twice a year.

16 team Dynasty leagues, mimicking the structure of a conference in the NFL, with IDP, contracts/salary caps, and 16 committed active Owners...is probably the epitome of the Fantasy experience. If you've had that, and maybe won a championship, you've done it all, chum.

If you appreciate FF as a game - there are a zillion really cool games out there. Try Diplomacy or Puerto Rico.

If you appreciate FF as a gambling outlet, there are a lot of other opportunities. Try Bodog or Bet 365.

If you want FF as a social circle and fun thing, 16 dudes is a wide circle to maintain. Organize a mid-season and/or a SuperBowl party, and run a Baseball League to keep it going from March to September.