Sign in to follow this  
Bishop82

Justin Blackmon

I've been hearing a lot about Justin Blackmon's stock falling. If this is indeed true, is he still a top 10 pick? top 20 pick?

As a Bears fan, I hope his stock continues to keep dropping so that he'll be available at the 19th pick.

Thoughts?

Back to Back years voted as the #1 WR in college football. Somebody will be getting a steal if he drops. The Rams have to take him don't they whether it's from the #2,4,6 spot?

All will depend on his Pro Day. Questions about his speed will dog him until produces there. I had the opportunity to see him on the field in person a couple of times and he was flat out a man among boys. Granted, he's not playing the toughest defenses in the Big 12, but he was absolutely unstoppable...so much so I started a thread about him.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=398678&view=findpost&p=4671631

All will depend on his Pro Day. Questions about his speed will dog him until produces there. I had the opportunity to see him on the field in person a couple of times and he was flat out a man among boys. Granted, he's not playing the toughest defenses in the Big 12, but he was absolutely unstoppable...so much so I started a thread about him.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=398678&view=findpost&p=4671631

:thumbsup:

I totally agree with this. Honestly, I think that Blackmon's falling draft-stock is either...

(A.) teams' posturing to try and lower his value...and/or

(B.) a classic example of how the draft-process is one of over-scrutiny

Is Blackmon a blazing fast WR? Not really. But when I watch the game-footage, I see Blackmon consistently out-run opposing players who "time" better than him, opposing players who are supposedly faster according to the stop-watch. That tells me that Blackmon's got in-game speed, regardless of how well he runs a 40-yard dash in a non-game situation without pads on. Basically...dude's plenty fast enough to play in the NFL.

With as poorly as most of the WRs performed at the combine, I don't see how this can be factual.

No chance does his stock fall. Isn't this a pretty weak WR class. That helps him.

He's Anquan Boldin. A star in the league for a long time. As others have said, a man among boys.

I doubt he goes past the Vikings at 3.

Fock, fall to #12. Not my team's area of need, but I'd take him.

:thumbsup:

He's Anquan Boldin. A star in the league for a long time. As others have said, a man among boys.

This.

I don't see what the big deal is about him. He is not that fast, he is not that big, why would he succeed in the NFL? :dunno:

The Vikes definitely need a WR, but need a LT even more. With Kalil there, (assuming the QBs go 1/2), I don't know they can pass him up.

The Vikes definitely need a WR, but need a LT even more. With Kalil there, (assuming the QBs go 1/2), I don't know they can pass him up.

Not sure the QB go 1-2.

Not sure the QB go 1-2.

Anything's possible, but, at this point, I'd be surprised if the Rams don't trade down. And Griffin is logical guy to trade up for, with Miami, Washington, and Cleveland all being in the top 10 and needing QBs.

I don't see what the big deal is about him. He is not that fast, he is not that big, why would he succeed in the NFL? :dunno:

Have you seen the kid play? He's 6'1" and built like a truck. Anybody who says he's not that fast hasn't seen him play. Anquaan Bolding and Brandon Marshall aren't that fast and Blackmon is mold of those guys, faster than Boldin but a less less in size than Marshall. But he's a solid kid, no problems, no issues, no diva mentality. I watched several of his games, including a couple in person and he just owns the field.

Blackmon just ran in the 4.4 range on a fast OSU track...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/justin-blackmon-runs-in-4-4-range-at-oklahoma-state-pro-day/

ESPN’s Josina Anderson is live in Stillwater for Friday’s Oklahoma State Pro Day. Wide receiver Justin Blackmon finished running two forty-yard dashes just minutes ago. According to Anderson, Blackmon was clocked in the 4.45-4.50 range on his first forty attempt. His second run brought better results, with Blackmon timing between 4.41 and 4.46. The forty times are impressive for Blackmon on paper, though it should be noted Oklahoma State has a notoriously fast track and NFL teams will adjust accordingly. As much as a full tenth of a second could be tacked onto Blackmon’s Pro Day time. Other results from Blackmon’s Pro Day included a 35-inch vertical and a 10-foot, 4-inch broad jump, according to SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline.

Blackmon stood on his 14 bench press reps from the Combine.

The Rams will trade the #2 pick to Washington and they will take him at the 6 spot if he is available. He will NOT get past them if on the board.

The Rams will trade the #2 pick to Washington and they will take him at the 6 spot if he is available. He will NOT get past them if on the board.

Pending what tb does at the 5 of course... If they can land finnegan, maybe they opt to pass on claiborne

I believe the Browns take him at 4. Not sure if I like it or not, but it's a definitive possibility. I would love for the Rams to move up to 4, and throw the Browns a 2nd or 3rd rd pick to do it since they are now loaded with ammunition.

Pending what tb does at the 5 of course... If they can land finnegan, maybe they opt to pass on claiborne

I read today where TB is a front runner for Vincent Jackson. If so, no need for Blackmon with Williams at the #2 spot, Benn somewhere, and da soldier in the mix.

I believe the Browns take him at 4. Not sure if I like it or not, but it's a definitive possibility. I would love for the Rams to move up to 4, and throw the Browns a 2nd or 3rd rd pick to do it since they are now loaded with ammunition.

For the love of Gawd, will the Browns please get a legit WR via the draft of FA? That's all I have to say.

Miami will swap #1's and give the Browns their 2nd rounder to draft Blackmon to replace Marshall :) Yeah right, they'll stay put grab a DE or OT instead. Bleh.