Sign in to follow this  
Jwood

Going to Fenway Park for the first time

Going to Boston for the first time to go to Fenway Park and watch my Rangers play on August 6th.

We are planning on hanging out at some bars and places near Fenway most of the day before the game. Any good places that you recommend as far as atmosphere and food? I want to try some pizza somewhere.

Also, I got tickets in the 4th row of the State Street Pavilion Club. They seem pretty good from what I've read online. Anyone have any insight as to if they are really good or not?

The Pavillion is nice. You can get food there that is pretty good.

As far as food in the area, I am partial to the Boston Beer Works, which is right across the street. Burton's Steakhouse is right down the street. Jerry Remy's place is fun.

Catch BP at the Bleacher Bar. Pretty cool to be able to see from inside the Green Monster.

Cask and Flagon is a must for a great fenway scene... Gillians is down the street (is it a dave and busters now?), good place to hang watch a game play pool/bowl/etc...

Jake Ivorys at night has dueling pianos, and is usually a pretty good time. Usually an EXCELLENT ratio...

As mentioned Remy's is good.

Inside the stadium go to the landsdowne st outdoor vendor area as mentioned, good eats, cool setup...

If you want the best pizza in boston, have to go to the North End, go to the original Pizzeria Regina... Top notch.

any other questions feel free

The place is a shithole and so are their fans and the area as a whole. Wear a bulletproof vest. :bandana:

The place is a shithole and so are their fans and the area as a whole. Wear a bulletproof vest. :bandana:

Minnesoter, ehhh?

Don't wear a douchey oversized Adidas shirt.

Fenway is probably my favorite ball park to visit

Report back how your asswhole feels from the rape of paying $8 for a hotdog, $12 for a beer, $40 for parking

Don't wear a douchey oversized Adidas shirt.

I believe the Pavillion Club seats have a dress code - I'd check that out.

The Fenway area is packed on GameDay - so don't fool yourself and think you'll easily hop around and see/do everything.

Most likely, wherever you choose to start out, you'll be there until you go into the game...

If you're at the Cask N' Flagon, it will be packed, lines to get a beer and you'll be jockeying for a place to sit/stand.

I've never had Pavillion seats, but I'm guessing you enter the ballpark in Gate A for pavillion seats?

If that's the case, you can hang out at some place near/at that A Gate. The Cask N' Flagon is not too far from there and the Boston Beer Works is right across the street... depending on how early you get there, you may be able to go into both places though I do believe the Beer Works has better food - the Cask is more of THE traditional Red Sox drinking bar.

EDIT: other Boston things to do

not sure how long you'll be there but it may be worth it to take a Duck Boat Tour and tour the Sam Adams Brewery.

If you're at the Cask N' Flagon, it will be packed, lines to get a beer and you'll be jockeying for a place to sit/stand.

I was watching the sox playoff comeback against the yanks there and almost got my azz kicked by a group of yankees fans i was unmercifully taunting... Right as violence was escalating the bouncers came out of nowhere and tackled those dudes and threw them out... I certainly deserved a 2 minute instigator penalty, but the hometown refs gave me a pass i guess...

Try The old Time Tavern. I hear you'll have a gay olde time. :overhead:

Buy a program out front.

Don't go to any of the "trendy" bars. Get a focking beer and dog inside. The vendors get paid on commission.

Piss on the floor in the mens' room. It's a right of passage.

Get in early. Go to the right field corner (I'm assuming you are bringing a kid?). Hang out behind Pesky's Pole on the low end of the right field wall and grab your kid a foul ball. That is the best place to get them during batting practice.

Bring a radio and listen to the game.

agreed. if you are in the outfield, its almost like a game isnt going on. Thats how far away you are.

There's a guy in the parking lot there who drives a van, and he'll give you Cracker Jacks .... if you let him jerk you off.

It's a pretty good deal.

agreed. if you are in the outfield, its almost like a game isnt going on. Thats how far away you are.

At a place like Fenway, you are closer than at other stadiums. Not sure what the hell you are thinking of. Ever sat on top of the Green Monster?

Center field bleachers in the best take in the stadium. Best commentary as well.

There's a guy in the parking lot there who drives a van, and he'll give you Cracker Jacks .... if you let him jerk you off.

It's a pretty good deal.

What van make do you drive?

What van make do you drive?

GFIAFP drives the kind you can darken the windows, line with sound-proofing, and abduct little kids with.

If looking for nudie bar - stay AWAY from the Glass Slipper

If looking for nudie bar - stay AWAY from the Glass Slipper

You had the choice between centerfolds and the glass slipper. They are across the street from each other, and you chose the glass slipper.... Sums you up...

You better go before August. it might get burned down before then.

You better go before August. it might get burned down before then.

Will add to the value of the team sale, force the city's hand to build a new park... Revenue at fenway is pretty maxed out at this point... Packed in as many seats as humanly possible and have jacked up prices to the near highest in the league...

Buy your "Bobby Valentine 4 Manager Of The Year" t-shirt now and prepare to wear it proudly on August 6th.

Will add to the value of the team sale, force the city's hand to build a new park... Revenue at fenway is pretty maxed out at this point... Packed in as many seats as humanly possible and have jacked up prices to the near highest in the league...

price per seat I think they are the highest

eta: I found proof

Much was made of the Boston Red Sox freezing ticket prices this season in response to last year’s late-season collapse. Yet, despite the team’s goodwill gesture, the reality is that Fenway ticket prices remain the highest in the Major League Baseball for the second year in a row, averaging $53.38 per non-premium seat, according to 2012 Red Sox ticket price data newly released by Team Marketing Report.

The report also calculates that taking a family of four to a Red Sox home game this season will cost a league-leading $336.99, which includes the purchase of two adult and two children's tickets, two small draft beers at $7.25 each, four small soft drinks ($16), four regular-size hot dogs ($18), parking ($27), two game programs ($10) and two baseball caps ($40).

The Fan Cost Index for Fenway games in 2012 will again be even more expensive than at Yankee Stadium, according to Team Marketing Report, despite the New York Yankees charging a whopping $305.11 per premium seat this season. The average non-premium seat at Yankee Stadium will cost $51.83. The Fan Cost Index in the Bronx is $324.30 this year.

Overall, MLB ticket prices are flat for the first time in two decades, the report showed. The average is $26.92 this year, up 1 percent from last season and the smallest increase in the survey’s history. The average was $77.36 in the NFL last year, and $57.10 in the NHL and $48.48 in the NBA in their current seasons.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/bbj_research_alert/2012/04/red-sox-tickets.html