Sign in to follow this  
Pirates_Tide

2012 Draft Buddy

1st off like to say you have put together a great program with CC/DB. A couple of enhancements I'd like to see in 2012 and not sure how difficult this would be but I'll put them out there just as suggestions.

1. A import system from our MFL league site that would import the draft picks, rosters, and also the salaries.

2. A tab button in the auction/draft report that when a owner wins a player in the auction or draft in the winning bidder section that it will transfer that player to the keeper and roster section. Right now we have to delete that players and re input them in those 2 other sections. Maybe a transfer button next to the actual bid part.

3. In the Summary section and Roster section and maybe in the Keeper Section have the system auto organize the players by fantasy points so you can better see who your top players are. In the summary section is lists right now my DT's over my DE's. Also lists the lower tier RB's over the higher tier RB's. This is happening cause I'm using this as a dynasty program instead of a redraft.

4. In the Offensive Notes, Defensive Notes, Overall Notes, Offensive, IDP, and Overall the players are grayed out including the players the owners own. Have the players in your team be highlighted in Green or some other color so you can see where those players rank more easily.

Again these ideas might not be feasible or just do difficult in your program, but just suggestions.

Keep up the good work. Tommy (Pirates_Tide)

Hey Tommy. Thanks for posting the ideas. Some may be beyond Excel's capability, but we'll see what I can come up with. Always appreciate the feedback.

When can we expect the 2012 version....I am ready

It usually comes out in June sometime. Now would be great, but Mike and the guys have plans to release in June like the past.

June is the plan, guys. Same as the past few years. Check www.draftbuddy.com for some recent posts I wrote with updates on the forthcoming football version.

June is the plan, guys. Same as the past few years. Check www.draftbuddy.com for some recent posts I wrote with updates on the forthcoming football version.

Great information there.

A few more ideas. Sorry if it's repeated.

1. Use MFL for positions. A lot of Fantasy Football owners play at this site

2. Double check to see if you program runs for 32 team league. Ran into a problem in my 32 team league as we have discussed.

3. Add roster limits to 150. As you know I have 2 huge leagues.

Again thanks for everything you done for me and with this program. It's a great program that you built and kept up with. I wish I could help you on this, but my excel skills are very minimal.

How about a Ipad compatible version???

(oh please) :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Are there an excel app or anything that would make this possible?

Also do you need active Internet connection or could I use this somewhere to draft if I can't connect to Internet?

Hi Teren - and bjengel. Unfortunately, we're still not going to be iPad-friendly this year. Draft Buddy is in Excel, and Excel (to the degree necessary) does not work on an iPad. I don't believe there is any iPad app that will support a spreadsheet as powerful and full of features as Draft Buddy.

In terms of internet access Teren, you only need an active internet connection to update projections. Otherwise, it is all offline, so you'd be fine at your draft without internet access. Typically, a Draft Buddy user would update projections prior to the draft, do other prep work and then go to their draft.

Great information there.

A few more ideas. Sorry if it's repeated.

1. Use MFL for positions. A lot of Fantasy Football owners play at this site

2. Double check to see if you program runs for 32 team league. Ran into a problem in my 32 team league as we have discussed.

3. Add roster limits to 150. As you know I have 2 huge leagues.

Again thanks for everything you done for me and with this program. It's a great program that you built and kept up with. I wish I could help you on this, but my excel skills are very minimal.

You know I can't do 150! :shocking:

:cheers: