Fumbleweed

**Round Two Commentary**

you have my email, send away!

Did he send his picks?

Did he send his picks?

No...I think he got the idea reversed.

No...I think he got the idea reversed.

Me thinks you are correct!!

I'm bored and the main bored is pretty slow. I've been following along and I'll throw out some random thoughts.. Obviously it's very early and things will become clearer as we get in to August.

- As others have said, Round 1 went pretty much how it was expected. I don't know if I could ever pull the trigger on a rookie (Richardson) in the first round. But when looking at the other options available, especially if you are set on going RB, I can understand why the pick was made.

- I find it very hard to believe a RB can return to full strength less than 9 months after the injury that Peterson suffered. That being said, if anyone can do it, it's Adrian Peterson. High risk/high reward.

- The TE's went a little bit sooner than expected. As Fumble said, I would put them in the middle to late 2nd round. But securing the Brady/Gronk combo makes sense.

- I'm not on board with Stafford over Brees. I know some people are concerned about the situation in New Orleans, but Drew Brees has thrown for 4,388 yards or more for SIX straight seasons. Last year he threw for 5,476. He's had at least 33 TD's for the last 4 years and had a career high of 46 last year. I like Stafford a lot and you can't go wrong with a QB throwing to Megatron, but I'd rather the consistency and track record of Brees. I'd say Brees is the best value so far.

- I like the irony of RLLD taking Jamaal Charles 1 pick before Dan. High upside pick in the middle of the 2nd round.

- I am not as high on Roddy White as Dan is. I actually might like his teammate better in non-PPR leagues. I also think there is a safer WR out there. But to each his own...Roddy is never a bad pick.

- I see it's been said a lot, but in non-PPR leagues, the RB's get thin very quickly. I now understand why many of you secured 1 or even 2 RB's as soon as possible. This is my first exposure to any type of draft this season, so it's been interesting to follow along, even though I'm mainly a PPR guy.

Alrighty, I'm off to get my F5 key replaced. And here I was thinking we might get back to me yesterday by 5pm. :)

Rice...since you are a west coaster, you should probably send me a list at night to cover picks that are close to taking place from now on.

This is getting old real fast. :angry:

ICEMAN

This is getting old real fast. :angry:

ICEMAN

IMHO, we're going at a decent pace (some delays, and some flurries). We usually expect 2 weeks total so we're right on schedule.

Any thoughts on what to do here? It's been over three hours and still no Riceman. I think it's about time to explore options.

Any thoughts on what to do here? It's been over three hours and still no Riceman. I think it's about time to explore options.

I was thinking this 2 hours ago. Move on and let him back in like you did with Matt's Eagles.

Edit: Have Mike make the pick.

I agree.

ICEMAN

I'm willing to give him until 12:30 ET (9:30 PT). Figuring he's just getting settled in at work after a commute :dunno:

I'm willing to give him until 12:30 ET (9:30 PT). Figuring he's just getting settled in at work after a commute :dunno:

I'll take that job please. :)

Damn, you guys start early over there. I'll have to check on the picks when I wake up now, instead of when I get to work.

Picked Bradshaw, very happy with that pick. I consider him the last of what is left of the 2nd tier RBs.

PREPARE YOURSELF. A WR RUN IS COMING.

You tried getting his list. He just got it mixed up in his head. We're rolling, but you are right in getting lists to prevent this.

......or in my case a phone number that can always be called instantly.

Hoping I just got an extra RB with Cam.

......and not an appt. with that famous Dr. who treats injured football players in Atlanta. Cam was amazing last year, and hopefully he learns how to not have to keep the ball so much. Love the points this pick might bring but worry how he does it.

Hoping I just got an extra RB with Cam.

Cam's the single most ? on my draft board this year. Not because I think he won't perform but because I keep thinking there's no way he can/should come close to last season's numbers but my gut says he will. CAR has squat for WRs (except for the rejuvinated one from last season) and now has 3 good RBs. They are built to grind it out with their running backs, yet Cam gets all the yardage/scores :blink: