Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Five & Six Commentary**

OK...here's the scoop on Riceman's pick at 5.02. He DID send me a list for the picks at 4.11 and 5.02. I made the pick at 4.11 based on that, but the pick at 5.02 is a bit confusing because I'm not certain that he wanted the same position taken as was taken at 4.11. His instructions seem to indicate that if a WR was taken at 4.11, another position would be next, but the list actually has another WR directly after Harvin.

Bottom line: I am a lot more comfortable with him making his own pick here. We rolled through six picks this morning in about an hour, so we're in good shape. The pause here is not Riceman's fault. It is my discomfort in making the pick. If he doesn't stop by in a reasonable amount of time, I will simply make a judgment call on the pick and then make it for him. In the meantime, take some time to discuss the draft so far. Discussion has been a little lighter than usual, and I am anxious to get more feedback on the draft as a whole to this point...

OK...here's the scoop on Riceman's pick at 5.02. He DID send me a list for the picks at 4.11 and 5.02. I made the pick at 4.11 based on that, but the pick at 5.02 is a bit confusing because I'm not certain that he wanted the same position taken as was taken at 4.11. His instructions seem to indicate that if a WR was taken at 4.11, another position would be next, but the list actually has another WR directly after Harvin.

Bottom line: I am a lot more comfortable with him making his own pick here. We rolled through six picks this morning in about an hour, so we're in good shape. The pause here is not Riceman's fault. It is my discomfort in making the pick. If he doesn't stop by in a reasonable amount of time, I will simply make a judgment call on the pick and then make it for him. In the meantime, take some time to discuss the draft so far. Discussion has been a little lighter than usual, and I am anxious to get more feedback on the draft as a whole to this point...

If you want a second set of eyes you can forward it to me

One of the interesting things about these mocks is how every year people will rave about "falling talent" myself included. Like its vastly different from years past and we are going to steal gems. :D.

Also, robb's on a plane so he left me a VM with his wish list for his 5th round pick

Sorry about the confusion dude. Should have said something like "Comfortable with going WR/WR here".

But yea, I think I'm very comfortable with the team right now. Really like building my RBs and WRs out first.

Harvin really started to find his role in the offense during the 2nd half of the season, and with AP out who know how long, Harvin might have to be the #1 weapon on the offense again.

Antonio Brown was solid for me last season and I really wanted him back this season. Might have reached a little for him, but glad I got him.

While I am on a plane, I do have Internet access so far, so I have nothing to do but watch this draft!

Brown, yes a stretch in 5th. IMO

Do we really expect a rush on WR in the 3rd round like we had come drafts on September?

Great selection of V Jax at 5.01. I had hoped he would fall down to me but I see great value here

Sorry about the confusion dude. Should have said something like "Comfortable with going WR/WR here".

But yea, I think I'm very comfortable with the team right now. Really like building my RBs and WRs out first.

Harvin really started to find his role in the offense during the 2nd half of the season, and with AP out who know how long, Harvin might have to be the #1 weapon on the offense again.

Antonio Brown was solid for me last season and I really wanted him back this season. Might have reached a little for him, but glad I got him.

No need to apologize. You did everything you could do. I just hate making picks for others if I don't feel completely comfortable with what I have to work with. Thanks for checking in so early today. :thumbsup:

Great selection of V Jax at 5.01. I had hoped he would fall down to me but I see great value here

Thx for talking me off the ledge.

Flipping Fumble took my guy <_<

Gimme a minute or two here :angry:

Mine too!!

Issac Redman - Redman is likely to be the every down back for the Steelers this fall. I think he has the talent to handle the job, what I am less sure about is his ability to handle punishment until the end of the season. The Stealers have really emphasized the pass lately, but I think they go at least to a even share, if not a greater emphasis on the run due to their aging defense and increasingly brittle QB

Plus arians is gone and Haley likes to run.

Ibhave a list of 5-6 qbs but Peyton was top. Good pick Dan

1100 total yards with 10 TD's in 14 games last season, proved to me that Beanie has decided to tough through some pain, as Wisenhunt says he basically played on one leg. I feel he will make a nice #2 RB and feel he will definitly out perform last years stats if he makes all 16 games. I feel the addition of the rookie last year motivated him to play through nagging pain. The draft addtions this year at Wr and the 2nd year TE also peak my interest, now if they can just get some [play at QB.

1100 total yards with 10 TD's in 14 games last season, proved to me that Beanie has decided to tough through some pain, as Wisenhunt says he basically played on one leg. I feel he will make a nice #2 RB and feel he will definitly out perform last years stats if he makes all 16 games. I feel the addition of the rookie last year motivated him to play through nagging pain. The draft addtions this year at Wr and the 2nd year TE also peak my interest, now if they can just get some [play at QB.

Darn you! That was my sixth round pick! :blink:

Hey Matt, nick pick man..... :overhead:

Another WR I'm very happy to grab this late. He's my #12 WR and in line for a big bounce back year. The PHI "dream team" stuff from 2011 can be put behind them, and whatever lingering injuries/ailments Maclin had should be gone. He takes over as the 1A WR to the other guy and puts up 2010 numbers again.

I was hoping that one of those last 3 WRs would fall, but I'll take Vernon. There's another TE who could be taken here, but Vernon is still realizing his potential, while the other is on the downswing of his career.

I was hoping bowe would fall, monster td potential in a 5th rounder. So like Vikes, ill tale my 3rd rated standard scoring te who.should be relied on with Jackson gone.

I will also snag my qb, I had 4 guys left who I like as number 1's. So this is where I don't want to risk a qb run.

With bowe gone, there are plenty of nice WR options in my next tier so I can wait. Ditto with RB

Let's just say that I am expecting BIG Things from the Pats this season.

ICEMAN

After the trio of Desean/Maclin/Bowe went, I decided I wanted a TE/QB combo at this turn. There were only two of each I really liked at this turn, but ICE having taken both positions early really helped.

I like Manning a bit better than Romo, but Davis a lot better than Gates. So I decided I'd rather go with Davis and hope for Manning than take Manning and hope for Davis.

Man...what a flurry of picks!!! Will need time to digest it all before commenting.

Thanks, JScott, for getting the sixth round picks up and running... :thumbsup:

Give me 10 minutes!

Give me 10 minutes!

Can we get a clock on this guy please? 11:03 or he forfeits the pick!

:P

10 pm here...going to email 7 and 8th round picks to not hold it up....

You in Western Europe?

After the trio of Desean/Maclin/Bowe went, I decided I wanted a TE/QB combo at this turn. There were only two of each I really liked at this turn, but ICE having taken both positions early really helped.

I like Manning a bit better than Romo, but Davis a lot better than Gates. So I decided I'd rather go with Davis and hope for Manning than take Manning and hope for Davis.

I was going gates either way with bowe gone so you could have had both!

But u made the smart move

I was going gates either way with bowe gone so you could have had both!

But u made the smart move

Love Gates this year. Who else is Rivers going to throw to?

You guys keep picking players two pages away, I have to flip between pages now to make sure I know who is taken :wall: