Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Draft Commentary: Rounds 11-16**

Ok so freeman was the last of the backup qbs I really wanted so ill just take luck since indy should be playing from behind a lot and luck should have little chance of losing his job to anything but an injury. Don't need him for much but bye week and random big game.

Washington put up 1000 yards and 7 TDs last year. He's coming off surgery, and the Titans took a WR in the 1st round, but I'll take the chance this late.

With vet Fitzgerald beside him transitions into this league are about as good as it gets for a young man who found trouble in college. He will also likely be in the best shape of his football life. I feel Floyd has a chance tobe the top rookie receiver this season with his skillset, granted that is banking on QB improvement too.

Picks by Team and Picks by Position threads have been updated and are up to date. Thanks to JScott for helping out with the Picks by Team thread. :thumbsup:

Happy Fathers Day out there to all of you who are fathers......and for those who aren't, tell your father if you are so inclined! (mine just passed away in February)

Happy Fathers Day out there to all of you who are fathers......and for those who aren't, tell your father if you are so inclined! (mine just passed away in February)

Thankyou for the reminder of just how precious the time is with our dads! :thumbsup:

Great job Ray. This thing is flaccid now!!

Sorry bruh, I thought we were "off" on the weekends :bench:

My daughter is on the ODP for soccer and my weekends tend to be busy :)

Gimme a few mins and I will make another pick you will hate, but will produce more points that your previous two picks combined :Mr-T:

Great job Ray. This thing is flaccid now!!

Ray, this is clearly flirting

robb - I'm curious about the Olsen pick. I still had 4 - 5 TEs a tier or two above Olsen. What's the scoop on your ranking?

Ray, this is clearly flirting

I agree, but RC is just a big tease so i am not playing into his hands......literally....

Take ur backup defense already so we can move this along

robb - I'm curious about the Olsen pick. I still had 4 - 5 TEs a tier or two above Olsen. What's the scoop on your ranking?

Okay Jeff:

With Shockey gone, and only 1 clear #1 WR, I believe Olsen will score possible top 10 TE this year. Olsen was a very good pass-catcher when he came into the NFL with the Bears, but had a coach in Mike Martz who didn't use the tight end. He came on at the end of last year so I am hoping he keeps it up. Also, the ol' "safety valve" play also for a young QB.

I like Lafell and he would have likely been my next pick. I have steve Smith and it would have offered me some insurance. Lafell could easily breakout. Robb mentioned they only had one WR in carolina and this is where I differ.

I like Lafell and he would have likely been my next pick. I have steve Smith and it would have offered me some insurance. Lafell could easily breakout. Robb mentioned they only had one WR in carolina and this is where I differ.

I agree, I think we see Lafell take a significant step forward this year, and if he does not take that step this year, he likely never will......

Celek was the other TE i flipped a coin over for my round 12 pick. I felt Celek was the safer, more consistent pick but Fleener had a higher ceiling so went Fleener. Nice grab Fumble

Celek was the other TE i flipped a coin over for my round 12 pick. I felt Celek was the safer, more consistent pick but Fleener had a higher ceiling so went Fleener. Nice grab Fumble

Celek is the perfect second tight end, but as you noted, his upside is definitely limited.

Thanks for your feedback. I did say "clear #1 WR", and I stand by that. Not sure either LaFell or Smith is a #1, but neither may be "clear" cut. That is all I am saying. I agree on LaFell, but we need to see the season play out before we see. I think we saw last year what Olsen can do.

Thanks for your feedback. I did say "clear #1 WR", and I stand by that. Not sure either LaFell or Smith is a #1, but neither may be "clear" cut. That is all I am saying. I agree on LaFell, but we need to see the season play out before we see. I think we saw last year what Olsen can do.

Second year (Cam) with Smith can only be better Chemistry. He is a seasoned vet with a second year QB and a preseason they didn't have last year. There is absolutely no reason to think that Smith is not a #1 Wr there. Lafell coming on is simply gravy.

79 receptions for 1400 yards and 7 td's, with 17.6 ypc. This year he and Cam are in camp.

Well long day over here....Clash can take the next 2 rounds for my team....if they are around...

If you'll send me a list, I will be happy to make the picks for you...

Starting to slow a bit, guys...let's stay committed if at all possible and finish up what has been an excellent draft. :thumbsup:

Starting to slow a bit, guys...let's stay committed if at all possible and finish up what has been an excellent draft. :thumbsup:

Slow a bit . . .

And the Death Star had a "minor accident."

Let's go I am itching to draft my sleepers!!! :D

for what its worth i would have taken Flynn over Luck as my backup were it not for conflicting bye weeks

So howlong are we gonna allow Ray to fock this thing up. He owns a whole weekend and now another half a day with 2 hours and 45 minutes of active time today???? :dunno:

So howlong are we gonna allow Ray to fock this thing up. He owns a whole weekend and now another half a day with 2 hours and 45 minutes of active time today???? :dunno:

I'll give him one hour on the clock tomorrow AM (9:00 CDT) and then a pick will be made for him. That's if he hasn't picked prior to that.

No pick today.......slowest I've ever seen this draft!

C ya all tomorrow.

going to PM you a list for my 13.12 and 14.1 picks fumble. golfing tomorrow and not sure if ill be able to check frequently.

Guys, it's frustrating when things slow down after our pace last week but come on, it's Ray. Something must have come up because he wouldn't just leave us all hanging like this. A little perspective please.

Guys, it's frustrating when things slow down after our pace last week but come on, it's Ray. Something must have come up because he wouldn't just leave us all hanging like this. A little perspective please.

:cheers:

Sorry people, life ramped up over the last week on me out of the blue. Things are mediating though, I may leave a list today in case I get caught up again tonight tho....

Sorry people, life ramped up over the last week on me out of the blue. Things are mediating though, I may leave a list today in case I get caught up again tonight tho....

No worries. Hope everything is okay.

No worries. Hope everything is okay.

It's all fine, kids are getting older and involved in so many things that there is a lot of "suddenly" in the last year or so..... :doh:

Have to take a shot at this point on a back that many feel will take the lead in NE. The costly Ridley fumble that kept him out of the Super Bowl plan, is still fresh in the minds of Ridley and his Coaching staff. Vereen is the most talented back on the roster who got off to a very rocky start with injury last preseason. Here's an educated flyer on a potential suprise player this season.

Just a tidbit from "formerly" our own Wildman. This bite gives full context of the situation in New England and is what I base my hopes on. No illusions of grandeur....just the oppurtunity in the 13th round.

Matt Waldman - Patriots beat writer Mike Reiss predicted Vereen would be an impact player in 2011's training camp, but the Pat's second-round pick got hurt and was buried on the depth chart while rehabbing the leg injury. He did flash his burst on a touchdown run at the end of a Chiefs game during the season, but otherwise he bid his time for 2012. Now's that time, and Vereen is currently working with with the first-team offense. As fellow staffer and Patriots fan David Yudkin points out, the reps could simply be a chance for the team to evaluate Vereen after a year on the bench to see what they have at this stage of his career. Yudkin also likes to remind readers that the Patriots are a committee team at the running back position. These are sensible and logical points. So are these: Vereen is explosive, agile, a strong receiver, and he has enough talent to become the lead back in the Patriots offense. As the 145th player at this current iteration of ADP, I'm buying.

I definitly looked at hartline too. He is the only #1 Wr I could see from a team that was undrafted. Can't be a bad grab at this point.....thats for sure.