Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Draft Commentary: Rounds 11-16**

Hartline - Nothing flashy here, but getting an NFL WR1 in the 13th B)

I definitly looked at hartline too. He is the only #1 Wr I could see from a team that was undrafted. Can't be a bad grab at this point.....thats for sure.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

There was an RB I had penciled in who I think was better value but I already had 4 good (starting) RBs and needed a 5th WR more than a 5th RB.

It's all fine, kids are getting older and involved in so many things that there is a lot of "suddenly" in the last year or so..... :doh:

I completely get that. Maybe not exactly that, but yeah. Fun times . . .

I took the opposite side of JScott here and went #5 RB and Rogers. Turner is way old and the coaching staff started using Rogers a lot at the end of last year. They are indicating he will get used in the passing game more this year and with Ryan....that is a plus! He is talented, just need to get him on the field more.

Thought WR, but only had 2 worth considering here and saw more upside for 16 games with Rogers.

Well long day over here....Clash can take the next 2 rounds for my team....if they are around...

This was yesterday, but has he been here today yet?

We need to pick for Matts. This is how drafts die, and this one is on it's last breath.

Agreed, and done. He needed a backup TE and Owen Daniels was the highest left per FFC's ADP.

Agreed, and done. He needed a backup TE and Owen Daniels was the highest left per FFC's ADP.

Wow...we waited a 1 day and a half...and i can't get a couple of hours....

3 to be exact, and the clock wasn't on over the weekend. You also asked for Clash to pick for you yesterday. I don't think it was an intentional slam on you at all......just an attempt to get this thing moving.

Sorry Matt's, from your post yesterday asking Clash to pick for you I assumed you were going to be unavailabe today. If you want to change the pick, no problem. As RC said I was just trying to keep things moving.

tend to agree with Matts. I don't think its a big deal since he said Clash could pick for him but when Ray holds up the draft its all "no worries this is Ray" :lol:

anyway, i would love for this to wrap up but on the bright side we are on pace to still finish 2-3 days before schedule.

also i sent a list to fumble but clearly i am back around now. he can still make my next 2 picks if he sees im OTC before i do.

tend to agree with Matts. I don't think its a big deal since he said Clash could pick for him

Agreed. This was just a miscommunication based on what he posted yesterday. But it may have been more constructive to simply ask if he could change the pick rather than the "wow" comment and leaving :dunno:

Owen Daniels was next on my list. But Rudolph is a very athletic TE, with a very young QB, in an offense that heavily relies on the TE. I'll give him a shot as my TE2.

yes, i just drafted chad ochocinco. My top 4 WR's are strong enough, i believe, to take a shot on Chad sticking in miami and being the #1. I had another, slightly safer WR in mind but id rather ###### around a little at the 13/14 turn

Lance Kendricks. I was actually set to take him ahead of Owen Daniels as per my list to fumble. I had read good things about how the coaching staff intends to use him (now there is a blurb on fftoday front page) and I am familiar with his new OC and how he has used TE's in the past. I like this guy in this format behind Gates.

Sorry, guys...I am working summer school in the mornings, but have been able to check in there some.

Today, the site was BLOCKED. I don't know why I have been able to access it all last week and yesterday, but not today.

Anyway, for those that sent me their lists, my apologies.

You may change the pick if you would like. Just post another preference and we'll make it work.

Its all good only a mock draft...

Oh this is more than just a mock draft son lol

did you just pick tebow before the STARTING Jets QB??

#1 - I wanted to have fun with this pick, and I love Tebow's character and his athleticism.

#2 - I'm hoping that he and the Jets realize what he could be somewhere else, and make him an H-back, RB, or TE. A reclassification would be gravy.

did you just pick tebow before the STARTING Jets QB??

Oh, and #3 - Please, be serious.

Oh, and #3 - Please, be serious.

Great pick Dan. I was going to take him in the last round if available as the "fun" pick.

So yes, picking a defense in this league is a crapshoot, no doubt about it. You could argue that Shovel is taking a pragmatic approach in getting himself a second fishing rod, as it were.

I chose to take a "solid chance." Green Bay is opportunistic, and has been in the top 3 in interceptions each of the last 3 years. Further to that, the defense has scored at least 4 TDs in each of those seasons, including 1 by fumble each year. So I might "miss," but I like my chances a lot better now. :)

But u get no points for interceptions or fumble recoveries

Santana Moss - See Steve Smith 2011 w/Cam

I have been checking Moss out for 3 rounds and feel this is a great pick. :thumbsup:

thanks...

I was toying with taking him last round, but I got the sense that he was being actively passed over, so i took some time to do some research and felt that he did indeed have some upside making him worthy of a spot. So why not....

:D

Like the Packers and the eagles, the Bears DST usually score a handful of TD's yearly. I feel this years Bears offense will be improved, allowing the DST to flourish even more.

thanks...

I was toying with taking him last round, but I got the sense that he was being actively passed over, so i took some time to do some research and felt that he did indeed have some upside making him worthy of a spot. So why not....

No one expected Steve Smith to rebound like he did, and I feel that was because no one felt Cam would be that good at hitting him. Then his running ability blew a hole in the coverages. I think Griffen is a better pure passer, a good runner, but not near elusive as Cam, and many were scared with the age combo of young QB/old Wr.........that it might not work again. This might be as good of value as can be had right here in the draft.

Are the actual defensive scoring rules posted somewhere on this site?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=402178

1 point for every: 10 yards rushing, 10 yards receiving, 20 yards passing, PAT kicked, PAT received, PAT thrown.

2 points for every: Safety, PAT rushed.

3 points for every: Field goal.

4 points for every: Touchdown thrown.

6 points for every: touchdown rushed, received, fumble returned, interception returned, kick returned.

thanks...

great pick, might make up for the early defense :D

Moss was my original selection when I took ochocinco. I wanted to.take a bigger chance lol

But u get no points for interceptions or fumble recoveries

Okay, but the more times the defense claims the ball by turnover, the more times they have an opportunity to score. No?