Sign in to follow this  
ICEMAN

FFToday August Mock

After reading all of the positive responses to this years June Mock in the "Dim Bulb" thread, I think that it might be time to re-introduce the official FFtoday August Mock Draft this year. I have said for years that the June Mock is the best mock draft that I see anywhere and that I find it invaluable when creating my draft strategy for my big money league, so why not follow it up again, as we used to, with an August Mock Draft? I think that it may be interesting to see how everyone's drafting philosophy and strategy will change now that we have reacquainted ourselves with each other in the June Mock as well as with the removal of the "No Hassles League" format being a factor.

What say you?

ICEMAN

yup

I love the idea of the same group, if possible, being given the first shot. If you can't or would prefer not, just speak up. We have a first alternate already. Do you think we should re-randomize or reload from the same positions? Both are different possible learning experiences.

Definitely re randomize

I would definitely want to re-randomize the drafting positions.

ICEMAN

Has to be re-randomized, methinks, though I do understand looking for the change of strategy, change of evaluation that comes with the wisdom of the full off-season. I think we could end up falling into a rut of "same-same," or worse, trying to draft to what "so-and-so did the last time." That won't create an accurate measure.

Count me as "in" for the August Mock.

I would definitely want to re-randomize the drafting positions. What would you think to taking suggestions as to drafters prefered slot so as to try and match up to potential draft slots in other Leagues owners may be in. Then, simply negotiate only those slots that have multiple requests? Just a thought.

Which draft would be used for the No Hassle League?

OK. Now that we have a baseline to evaluate with this June Mock in the books, let's look to start the August Mock on August 13th. That will give us plenty of time to complete the mock before the season opens on September 5th. Rather than have people request specific draft slots, I think that we should randomly select the positions again. If you then want a specific draft slot, you can contact (read:lobby) the appropriate loser mock draft participant with a request to switch draft positions.

Sound alright?

This June Mock will be used as the No Hassle League. The No Hassle format will not be a consideration while doing the August Mock Draft.

What kind of format would you guys like to use for the August Mock? I would prefer a non-PPR format with the following draft assumptions/starting lineup requirements, but I could be swayed.

Must Draft (start)

QB - 2 (1)

RB - 4 (2)

WR - 4 (2)

TE - 1 (1)

FLEX - 3 (1)

K - 1 (1)

D - 1 (1)

What are everyone's thoughts on the matter?

ICEMAN

Start august first. These nicks are also a tool for the fftoday website and its readers so we should try and complete it a bit before the season starts. Actually, a bit before the majority of peoples drafts.

I would.vote ppr bit I don't care.

The June mock is obviously the no hassle league.

Start august first. These nicks are also a tool for the fftoday website and its readers so we should try and complete it a bit before the season starts. Actually, a bit before the majority of peoples drafts.

I would.vote ppr bit I don't care.

The June mock is obviously the no hassle league.

Unfortunately, I will be unavailable for the first week of August.

ICEMAN

Sure, sounds like fun.

I can start drafting anytime in August.

Non-PPR or PPR makes no difference to me, although all my Leagues are PPR leagues.

I like ICEMAN's starting lineup requirements.